Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel Pads, July Bloom Ambassador Box
Over the last 2 or 3 years, I have been fortunate enough to regularly see an aesthetician for my skin care. She uses a bio-medical approach, so while I do get peels, they are herbal peels that I would consider mid-strength. Here is what I can expect from her professional peels, without fail:
1. Baby smooth skin
2. A glowing complexion
3. Lightening of hyper-pigmentation from break outs
4. Purging of any embedded blackheads or comodones (yes, that means a break out) *these usually clear up super quickly compared to a regular break out and are pretty mild
5. Clear pores which makes them appear smaller
6. Tighter, plump feeling skin
Over the past 5 nights, I have been doing a nightly application of the Dr. Dennis Gross peel pads. They are a two-step treatment, step 1 is the peel, step 2 is the neutralizer. The application is so simple, apply pad 1 all over your face, wait two minutes and apply pad 2. Step 1 smells sorta like super glue. It’s got a pretty chemical smell but it doesn’t drive me nuts. Step 2 almost reminds me of perm solution. I know that’s a specific reference not everyone will know, but it’s a bit of a mild smell-y-ness.
I didn’t have any stinging, tingling or anything until the fifth and final night. After the step 1 I felt a mild tingle that went away after applying step 2. As I mentioned, I get peels regularly so my skin is pretty tough. This may feel stronger on some people. Truly though, it was a tingle not pain.
My results were impressive, actually. My skin is now:
1. Super soft and looking smoother
2. On its way to a full fledged glow
3. Showing signs of decreased pigmentation from previous breakouts
4. Oh ya, it’s mildly purging, but also clearing, so yay!
5. I haven’t seen as much change in my pores *this effect may come from the steaming and enzyme mask I also get when I do a pro peel and facial
6. Feeling firmer and tightened
7. Less oily! This has been a great surprise, seems to have regulated my skins oil production for now
Here is a photo comparison from Day 1, before using the pads and day 5, after the last application. I did my best to take the pics in the same place with the same lighting.
I would say I had similar results from one of my mid level professional peels! Well, maybe slightly less, more equal to a mild peel. In the photo, I notice smoother texture on my cheeks and forehead. Although, I have to say, there is just something wonderful about getting an in office peel and mask and steam and a nap….. Oh, wait, what?
The pads run $88 for 30 treatments, as I said I used them for five days and saw results. I couldn’t find how often these are supposed to be used, but I will come back and edit this when I do. This is much less than a good Aesthetician will charge for a full peel/facial treatment considering how many treatments you could get from 30 packets.
I would definitely recommend these as a great intro to peels or for the at-home spa girl. Exfoliation will change your skin!
*please be cautious if you try this product, and if you have sensitive skin, consider the regular strength peel from Dr. Dennis Gross*
More info is available on this product here.