“I miss the girl I used to be; like her eyes that spoke of innocence and her mind that was full of wonder.But of all things , I miss her heart the most. The heart that loved ferociously without a hint of fear.A heart that loved so greatly the universe could burst in tears. How pure and unblemished. For she was a girl who has never been hurt. Carrying a heart that was pure love to the fullest sense. How I wish I could love that way again.”
If anyone else is Irish, living in Ireland or abroad and is Irish or whatever can you like/reblog this? I wanna see how many Irish blogs I can find but also want to find more of our beautiful people on this god forsaken website
dee: a bunch of liberal posts and platitudes that she doesn’t actually believe, but maintains because she doesn’t want to get called out. still has #imwithher in her sidebar
dennis: “classy” porn and sketchy politics, his description reads something like: “I appreciate logic and the female form. Welcome to an erotic place with no rules. Feel free to submit pictures..”
mac: likes conservative memes and unironically reblogs warriormale and muscle morphing images without realizing they’re sexual
charlie: follows every animal vendor blogger he can find and actually thinks they’re real. he posts a lot of his art and pictures of his apartment, which often go viral on tumblr as “cursed images” which yields him more followers than any other member of the gang
frank: creepy old man porn blog who adds captions to every single post he reblogs, kinda like meatgod. he’ll often message women unprompted for sex and get blocked instantly
I don’t have my life together. Not at all. I’m none of the things people expected me to be.
And I’m struggling so much.
But I promised myself to stop waiting for better days, to stop waiting for when I’m less depressed, when I’m thinner, when I’m less tired, when I have a structured life, when I found my place in this world.
I’m here now.
And if I’m depressed, then I am. And if I feel fat, I do. And if I’m tired, that’s life. And if I’m nowhere close to where I want to be, I’m still here and it still counts.
And I’m allowed to feel alive right now, no matter how fucked up this moment might be. I’m allowed to feel it.
A while ago I was tagged by @rubyhosh to do the #smallbookishdetails tag 📖✨
I just love it when books have small illustrations on the chapterpages, in the corners or around the pagenumbers 💗✨
Hope you had a good hump day! Only two more days until the weekend 🙌🏼
Marichat "I really need you" writing prompt please
It had been a stupid decision really. An impulse. A chance to get back at Chloe while standing up for her partner.
At the time it had been incredibly satisfying, walking into the classroom dressed head to toe in what might as well have been a billboard for Chat Noir merchandise. Chloe had of course glowered preparing to cut in with some sort of scathing retort until she had been cut off by Adrien’s absolutely delight at seeing her. Unwilling to risk upsetting her precious ‘Adrikins’ Chloe had to settle for glaring at Marinette for the remainder of the day while both Adrien and Nino had fawned over her, asking her for her thoughts and opinions on all things Chat Noir.
It had been a lovely day, and worth the 6 hours of sewing and altering she had spent the night before. She had even officially getting Adrien’s phone number for her trouble.
What she had not expected was for Chat Noir to somehow get the memo.
She blamed Nino’s Instagram.
That very night her oversized kitten had shown up at her window looking for attention from his “biggest fan.”
Apparently he hadn’t forgotten her manufactured fawning from their minimal encounters together.
Figuring he would be satisfied with a little ego stroking she had once again fallen into the role of starstruck fangirl- swooning at his flirtations and posing for selfies. To be fair, it had been nice to get some photos with her partner that she could actually display in her room. So she had smiled and cooed and figured that was the end of it.
it’s no secret that there are so many amazing harry potter blogs on tumblr. what frustrates me is the fact that i probably won’t be able to find them all. but i can certainly try!!!
this thought paved the way for the HARRY POTTER DIRECTORY, a project whose prime goal is to showcase a spectrum of harry potter blogs, both old and new. this blog is designed to help fans new to the community or bloggers looking to find cool blogs.
send an ask with three (3) things: your name/nickname, whether your blog is a.) 100% harry potter or b.) multifandom (at least 30% hp content), and one harry potter character you’d like your icon to resemble
note: if your url changes, please inform us as soon as possible!
Welcome to Fitblr - 7 things you F***ing need to know.
On a side note
I don’t know how to tell you this so that you’ll listen
maybe if I swear in the title.
I want to take a quick moment (haha. Me. quick. HA!) to talk to the newbies. To the folks just starting out on this journey. To the people who have had enough… for real this time!
The thing is, I’m going to tell you a bunch of things you already know and unless it is “for real this time” FOR REAL AND HONESTLY you are going to blink, stop reading this post half way through and move on to the quick-fix detox tea companies that post pictures of unrealistic “skinny” people and promise you a handful of lies. If that’s you, you aren’t for real this time. Good luck though and when you figure out that you aren’t going to lose 100 lbs in a week for that perfect chiseled beach look - come on back. We’ll be here.
For those of us on the “for real this time” trail, there are some things I want to tell you and you’ve probably heard them a million times before, but maybe this time a lightbulb flickers over your head and you have a brilliant AHA! moment all because of me. Probably not, but maybe. And maybe you are sitting there wondering who the hell I am and how I can possibly tell you what to do. First, I am not telling you what to do. I am telling you things I know FOR ME. Do they apply to you also, Maybe!
So who am I? I am just like you. My name is T. I am a blogger and a fitblr and a runner (ha!) and a swimmer (ha!) and a weight lifter (ha!) and a kickboxer (ha!) and a god-damn-zen-master (ha!) (or so I have been told - because here in my world, EFFORT IS EVERYTHING! I THINK THEREFORE I AM! I have nearly 500 followers which is breadcrumbs in the blogger world but HUGE to me and much to my chagrin a bunch of them are porn blogs I can’t seem to make go away… sigh.
My highest weight was 220 lbs. My current weight is 206 lbs. My body fat % has dropped from 45% to 40%. I have been working, steadily on my fitness for almost two years. When I started, I knew nothing. I was sore, tired, sick and lazy. I’ve been working on this for two years, and yeah, it got a bit easier, but I still have to work at it every single day and today when I woke up sore and achy and tired I knew I wanted to share this with you.
Things the new-to-this need to know (or things the old-at-this needs to be reminded of):
1. Don’t expect it to be easy - remember how I talked about quick fixes and detox teas. THEY ARE ALL LIES. This is not going to be easy, not even a little bit. Prepare yourself for hard, then expect harder. You’ll probably cry. You’ll probably quit. You’ll probably cry. Keep going.
2. Don’t expect it to be easy - people are going to tell you all kinds of things. “I lost the weight and didn’t change my diet”. “Oh, I just woke up like this.” “Take this pill” “I don’t eat carbs” bla bla bla. People are going to downplay your effort and success. One of the hardest parts of your walk down this path is comparison. COMPARISON IS AN ASSHOLE. FUCK COMPARISON. YOU DO YOU. (I can’t make my capital letters any bigger…) YOU. DO. YOU. Everybody else has their own journey and 80% of them are going to lie to you because they don’t want you to know the before. YOU.DO.YOU.
3. Don’t expect it to be easy - your body is going to tell you that you can’t do it. It is going to tell you that it is tired and sore and incapable. THAT IS NOT YOUR BODY. That is your brain. Your body is far more capable than you are giving it credit for and the first time you feel your body accomplish something you didn’t think it could accomplish will give you a type of confidence-boosting-euphoria you will never find in any fucking blueberry-acai-grapefruit-organic-detox-cup-of-overpriced-water-lies. Keep going.
4. Don’t expect it to be easy - I bet you have a goal weight. You have a plan. You are going to do this this time because you have written it down on a piece of a paper and you are going to lose 20 lbs and you are going to look beautiful and you are going to be able to go onto a beach in a bathing suit and that person is going to notice you because you are really-really-ridiculously good looking now. Find that piece of paper. Got it? BURN IT!
You are already really really ridiculously good looking. I know we say that all the time here at Fitblr Central and we are going to keep saying it until you also start saying it. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. YOU ARE GOOD LOOKING. YOU.DO.YOU AND THAT IS AMAZING! Own that shit! Flaunt that shit!
You don’t need to lose 10-20-30 even 50 lbs. Oh? Your doctor said you need to for your BMI? Fuck the BMI. More bullshit. You don’t need to lose weight. YOU NEED TO BE HEALTHY! YOU NEED TO FEEL STRONG! (You may need to lose fat) but you 100% DO NOT need to lose weight. A lot of my posts are tagged with #duckthescale (an autocorrect faux pa I retained and use regularly) and I mean it. Fuck the scale. Who gives a shit what you weigh? BE STRONG! BE HAPPY! BE HEALTHY! BE FLEXIBLE! BE COURAGEOUS! BE KIND! BE CONFIDENT! BE A FIGHTER! BE NICE TO YOURSELF! Don’t make your goal your weight. please. You will end up disappointed. Focus on literally a million other things, not that useless number.
Unlearn everything you thought you know. You KNOW a lot of things. Dr. Oz. Oprah. Advertisement. Healthy and Beauty products. The people on that TV program with the catchy song and the spokes-person who looks like an angel; all of these people have taught you a lot of things. Forget them all. My favorite quote of the moment is: “I’m still learning. I’m still unlearning.” It is way harder to unlearn all the crap you’ve been “taught” than it is to learn the new stuff.
5. Don’t expect it to be easy - you will need to wade through piles and piles and piles of overwhelming information. You will talk to hundreds of people who offer you advice (good) and advice (bad) and opinions (both warranted and un-requested). You will need to learn which advice is worth listening to. Here’s a tip: most of it isn’t. Read. Research. Talk to professionals. Talk to people in community groups and social media who can help (be careful who you listen to). Find people you trust and trust your instincts and don’t expect it to be easy. Find what works for you. You’ll get there.
6. Don’t expect it to be easy - go slow. Don’t start out at 400 horsepower straight out of the gate. You’ll just break something. Take it slow. If it means you spend the first 2 weeks at the gym walking on the treadmill doing a weird book-reading juggling act while trying to secretly spy on all the gym goers using the equipment so you can hopefully figure out what this shit show is all about (true story) then do that. Just go slow. The Rock once said “for the first (enter timeline) I just went to the gym, sat there, and read a magazine. It’s about building the habit” (not his exact words but you get the idea) That really stuck with me. Build the habit however you need to. Remember: you.do.you.
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER:
7. Don’t expect it to be easy - BE KIND TO YOURSELF. This may be the hardest thing you do. Forgive yourself. Recommit every morning if you have to. If you take 5 steps today, take 6 steps tomorrow. If you skip a day, start again tomorrow. Be patient. Work hard, always. Love yourself first and please please please be KIND to yourself always.
Blazer, shift dress, and platforms are all found at Savers!! Sunnies from Coterie and necklace from F21. I was super excited to shoot in this location which I happened upon randomly driving around in my neighborhood.
How would everyone feel if I made a blog series in which I dump random things I find out about writing?
I mean, I never took writing courses and I’ve only been writing for like 8 months or something, and every time I write (or even when I read) a new fic I feel like I learn something. I’m not saying those are things that are absolutely true and everyone should follow what I say but maybe someone can find some useful tips idk.
Pls let me know in the comments or in my ask box I guess