Magic Kingdom Tips
Hey guys! I decided to make a sort of master post of everything I learned about the parks as a CP. This is more from a guest’s perspective, so you don’t need to be a CP to use it.
- if you’re in a rush and the line for the express monorail from parking is packed take the resort monorail, it still stops at parking and at the magic kingdom, but most people don’t know this so they wait for the express. Same advice applies for leaving after fireworks.
- if you have the option, busses are almost always faster to take to MK because you skip the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) altogether and just get dropped off at the main entrance.
- the best parade viewing spot for the 3 o'clock parade is in Frontierland, that’s where the parade starts, so it’ll be over for you faster and you can ride rides while the Main Street people are still watching the parade. Frontierland also has store fronts that are covered you can sit or stand under to be out of the sun.
- Columbia Harbour House is the best place to go if you need an air conditioned place to sit for a while, it has 2 levels of seating and it’s almost never crowded.
these are the rides you want fastpasses for:
- Space Mountain
- Mine Train
- Peter Pans flight
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Jungle Cruise
- Best place to watch fireworks? From the elevated train station platform, get your spot about an hour early though
- You can get band-aids and OTC pain relief pills for free from First Aid
- You can have your shopping purchases sent to the front of the park or your hotel room if you stay on property that way you don’t have to carry it around
- cups of ice water are free
- get the MyDisneyExperience app to make fast pass choices and dining reservations on the go, it also has real time wait times for rides.
- There’s free wifi in the park
- You can walk to MK from the Contemporary resort, so if you have a Chef Mickey’s breakfast reservation, park at contemporary and walk to MK after
- Ask the merchandise people for stickers! They’re free and collectible.
- The Emporium is insanely crowded at park open and park close, anytime in between is MUCH more tolerable
- Dole Whip and Citrus Swirl can both only be found in Adventureland in MK
Rides that almost never have a long wait
- Mad Tea Party
- Monster’s inc laugh floor
- Stitch’s Great Escape
- It’s a Small World
- Swiss Family Tree House
- Tom Sawyer Island
- People Mover
- Carrousel of Progress
- Little Mermaid (unless it’s broken down)
- The Plaza and Tony’s are my go to restaurants for last minute full service reservations
- You can bring your own food and (non-alcoholic) drinks into any Disney park
- Cast Members: if you’re coming to play in the parks you MUST go through guest entrances, people get termed for using backstage areas when they’re in the parks as a guest and not preparing for or leaving a work shift.
- Cast Members: you CANNOT call off a shift at work and then go play in the parks or go to a housing event, you WILL get termed for this
- Cast Members: ALWAYS have your blue ID card with you, you have to show it to get merch discounts and food discounts