how sad is it that the human race has bred animals for our own purposes to the point where they can’t survive without human intervention and then uses their helplessness as justification to keep exploiting them
people are too busy being victim blaming pieces of shit to acknowledge that:
1. Daryl has just witnessed two of his friends be horrifically bludgeoned to death. He knew Glenn for years and was with him from the start. They quite literally grew up with one another. He has just lost a brother.
2. He, without a doubt, feels entirely responsible. This is daryl were talking about; he blamed himself for Sophia, Herschel, Beth, Denise…he will be feeling unfathomable guilt. Not only that, he probably thinks Maggie and the rest of the group blame him too.
3. He was literally shot in the fucking arm like a day ago.
4. He has been sent off to serve as a soldier to the maniac who just killed his friends.
5. He is all alone and separated from the only family he has ever known.
6. This is someone who has been abused for half of his life and spent the other half fighting to survive in a sick and twisted world. Of course he tried to fight back; that’s all he knows to do.
7. He made a mistake. Humans tend to do that. There was no way for him to know that his actions would result in Glenn’s death.
So I am absolutely fuming. A few weeks ago, I was called to the dean’s office to discuss the antisemitic bullying I’ve been enduring since freshman year (I’m a senior now). Here’s a brief run down of some of what I’ve had to suffer through these last three years (this doesn’t even scratch the surface):
• A swastika carved into my desk, along with the words “ich haße juden” ie “I hate Jews” in German
• Intentionally spit on, usually accompanied by the word k*ke, the most vile word a Jewish person can be called
• Pushed into lockers/to the ground
• Called a “dirty Jew” more times than I can count, usually once a day
I identified the main perpetrator by name. There is proof he is a Nazi as he has a fucking swastika tattoo on his arm for everyone to see. Close after I went to the dean, the boy I accused was called to the dean. He denied everything, and received NO punishment.
I have several witnesses to these events, he is very vocal about being a Nazi, and he is the head of a neo-Nazi gang that is very active on campus. And the administration did NOTHING. I want everyone to know that antisemitism is alive and thriving, and affects Jews everywhere every day, and the world does not care. The world remains silent.
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT ever tell someone who survived through abuse that they might have done something to deserve it, whatever the abuse might be. Defending the abuser is not going to get you anywhere. It makes me sick that these people are victim blaming. If you do this, you should be ashamed of yourself. No More victim blaming.
i wanna raise awareness to this issue that someone posted anonymously to Twitter!! please if u can send this person encouraging words. it doesn’t matter if one is under the influence, alone, or not dressed ‘appropriately’ NO means NO.
- safety tips for preventing a crime (this includes lists of areas and activities to avoid/take a friend if you’re going there)
- teaching self defense or encouraging the teaching of self defense
- requiring proof of a crime in order to prosecute
- doubting a crime was committed in the absence of evidence
- being angry at being lied to
There is a massive difference between being a victim and playing the victim. Telling you to watch out for yourself, or ignoring the claims of a proven liar, is not victim blaming. You cannot victim blame someone who is not a victim.
do not tell me about all the “fake bi girls” at your school do not reblog things from me and add comments about fake bi girls do not reblog from me and tag things with “fake bi girl” anecdotes do not send me asks like “but some girl really do pretend to be bi!” i will find you and i will fight you over this do not do it
let’s remember today that anne boleyn was not just a victim, but someone who helped instigate the break from the church, held the first english peerage granted to a woman in her own right, pushed for bibles to be translated and available in vernacular, and gave outrageous sums of charity to the less privileged – to say nothing of her intelligence and bold courage, and how she was the doting mother of a little girl who would later preside over a golden age in england.
whatever your opinion of her, anne was a lively character who has resonated with people, particularly women, for ages.
so today was an interesting experience for me. I received a message from Roosevelt High School saying that since the weather is becoming warmer we must dress appropriately for the season. I decided last night to wear the pants pictured. Mr.Scanga had stopped me going into the school and said that I could not attend my classes because of the holes in my jeans. I then asked to speak with our principal Mr.DeChent about my clothes. I was then told that he was not in the building and would have to get changed or go home. I proceeded to tell Mr.Scanga that I would wait for my parent or DeChent, whoever came first. I was then told I was being insubordinate and would be sent home. Upon arrival of my parental figure Mr.Scanga told my parent that there was a memo sent out to all teachers about enforcing this dress code. When asked for the paper handed out, it was conveniently nowhere to be found. Neither Secretary nor Assistant Principal had a copy. If the said “problem” is distracting for the male student body, they should be taught not to over sexualize the female body so much so that knees and thighs cause a “disruption for the orderly process of teaching and learning”. My outfit does not violate any aspect of the student dress code within Yonkers Public Schools Code of Conduct Page 5 Section 4 Paragraph 1. Roosevelt High School needs to stop this arbitrary dress code and sexist, or dare I say misogynistic practice.