1) The security guard who shot Monroe was in possession of marijuana. In Oklahoma, possession is an automatic misdemeanor, but the guard was never charged.
2) The guard claimed that Monroe “reached for the glove compartment,” but no weapon was found.
3) The guard claimed he approached Monroe’s car because he claimed Monroe and a white female passenger were having sex. They deny this.
4) The guard claimed Monroe tried to run him over with his car. Monroe and other passenger say they were trying to drive away.
5) Monroe’s health insurance company is denying him coverage. He has not been charged with any crime, but the insurance company cited claims by the district attorney that Monroe was at fault for the incident as reason to not pay for his healthcare.
Support Monroe Bird and his family by donating here!