I’ve been natural for three years now and I wanted to do a collage of some of my favorite hairstyles over time.
After I big chopped in 2013, my hair grew like crazy. It’s possible.
I’m thinking of cutting it again actually.
Anyway l, hope you guys enjoy and even are inspired to transition to natural… embrace ya natural and love what grows from YOUR scalp.
If you need any help with your hair, hit me up.
I’m not a guru, but, I know some shit.
If you don't mind my asking, what makes you say that Benny is "black-coded"?
- The way Kevin treats him is anti-black, it implies that he does not just perceive him as different but as different AND inferior. He would never tell a non-Black boy “Do you think you’re anywhere close to her level?”
- Benny says he was rapping with friends in his free time when he was young, a music genre that was born of and is kept alive by African Americans
- Daniela’s comment about his dick size is a common stereotype associated with Black men (not claiming there is any truth to it here, about Benny or Black men in general, just that the stereotype of this assumption exists)
- In “Hear Me Out” (a cut song from the Off-Broadway production), Benny says he worn cornrows as a kid, a hairstyle worn by Black people with textured hair
- EVERY SINGLE PERFORMER WHO PLAYED BENNY ON BROADWAY OR ON TOUR WAS A BLACK MAN