Thank you for the birthday wishes! Y’all are sweethearts! ❤️
As promised (2 weeks ago, I’m still awful with blogging), here is my birthday post!
- I was getting ready for our dinner (which was later revealed to be Benu), and my boy watched me do my makeup and hair…which he never does. I thought it was pretty odd but maybe he was just curious. Then I went to grab a jacket and he followed me to the closet (again weird, but I didn’t think too much of it…I’d make a terrible detective). He asked what jacket I was going to wear. Upping the strangeness because he rarely questions my clothing choices. I told him I was planning to wear my pink coat and he responded with “What about the tan one?”. I was confused since I don’t have any tan jackets, except a down one but that didn’t feel appropriate for the occasion. So, I looked at him perplexed and replied I didn’t have any tan jackets. He pointed to a coat hanging among my other jackets. And. I. Died. It was a Burberry trench coat! It costs $$$$$$$$! (I looked it up–which is tacky–but the frugal Asian in me had to know.) The coat is beautiful but all I want to do is preserve it in a case and never touch it. Bae outdid himself this year. 😭
- I will have a separate post for my dinner at Benu. Too many courses!
- Dinner at Benu was on a Thursday night. My boy also had the weekend planned with outdoorsy activities. But due to the rain, we ended up just going to my favorite tapas restaurant and drinking way too much sangria. Then, we headed to my favorite ice cream spot and had an ice cream sundae (with brownie!) and curly fries for dinner. YOLO, right? We watched Moonlight afterwards and it was definitely my favorite movie of the year (I watched 5 out of the 9 Oscar-nominated Best Picture films and Moonlight was in a league of its own.)
- My friend sent flowers to my work! Everyone thought it was from my boy, lol. I happily informed them the flowers were from a girlfriend. I’ve never received flowers at work before, so it was a sweet surprise. Plus, tulips are my favorite.
- I had a lovely dinner with my close friends on my actual birthday. (All of the celebrations with my boyfriend took place the week before.) We went to a cute French restaurant. I guess I was too excited and inebriated (kidding! your girl kept it classy) to take photos during the night. Although it was small, I had a grand time. Perhaps as I get older, I prefer the intimate and smaller hang outs over the large group stuff.
- My company also treated me to a birthday lunch! At the end, I felt pretty birthday-ed out with the festivities. But I can’t complain. I feel beyond grateful and blessed to have such wonderful humans in my life.