You seriously do these so well, they're so nice and thought-out and links to examples....I request one for Sungyeol. Because he's so wonderful but gets underestimated far too often. Please and thank you!
Okay, so I previously did Woohyun and Sunggyu, and now it’s my handsome and small son Sungyeol! Sungyeol often gets overlooked in INFINITE, and that is just not okay. So here are some reasons to show him more love, because he definitely deserves it!
1. ACTOR YEOL!
If there is one thing Sungyeol does amazingly well, it’s act. He has always had aspirations to be an actor, and was originally in the SM Acting Academy before he joined Woollim. He didn’t set out to be in an idol group, but aren’t we glad he ended up in INFINITE? Sungyeol has been in multiple dramas over the years, including Please Remember Princess, Hi-School Love On (alongside fellow member Woohyun) and D-Day.
Also here is Yeol acting in a CF for a dog shelter, part of INFINITE’s appearance on Birth of a Family:
2. SUNGYEOL THE ENTERTAINER
It goes without saying that INFINITE wouldn’t be as successful on variety shows if it weren’t for members like Sungyeol. He has perfect comedy timing and has never minded throwing himself fully into skits and giving everything he has for hilarity - image? What image? Let’s never forget Sungyeol’s animal impressions, the infamous owl face, his hilarious dancing or the many, many times he’s gone all out for his solo stages (Troublemaker with Sungjong, PSY’s Daddy, ioi’s Pick Me).
And here is a personal favourite of mine, Sexy Back ft Hoya:
3. VOCAL IMPROVEMENT / HOW DOES HE DANCE WITH THOSE LIMBS?!
Although Sungyeol did not set out to be a singer, you would have to be totally ignorant not to notice what an improvement he has made vocally in the 7 years since debut. He has never been one to say he can sing, remaining humble about his skills and often even putting himself down. But it shows that he’s trained his voice when you listen to him on album tracks and during live performances. He may not get the most lines, but he often gets some of the most memorable ones in songs (”Do you hear me?” anyone???). Here is a compilation of some of his lines. Then there is the fact that Sungyeol can rap! Okay so he may not be as known for it as INFINITE H, but you can check out his skills in Cover Girl or watch this awesome clip of INFINITE switching parts for Be Mine. Sungyeol got Hoya and absolutely slayed it.
INFINITE are a group well known for their synchronised dance skills. And Sungyeol being the tallest member definitely has to try that little bit harder to make sure he stays in line with the rest of them. He may not be a main dancer or be asked to do the dance break, but without him we wouldn’t have the perfect seven members that form INFINITE, and we also wouldn’t have the cool bit at the beginning of The Chaser where Yeol parts the others like the Red Sea…
Also look how sexy he is…
4. AND EVERYTHING ELSE!!
There are so many reasons to love Sungyeol, and here are a few more things I think are very important:
- His love of animals! Sungyeol adopted a cute little hairless cat he named Jureumie (from the world for wrinkle), and although she has since moved in with one of Woollim’s staff, we got some super cute times with the two of them. He now has a dog called Aga (Baby). Sungyeol was also amazing with the three puppies INFINITE adopted on Birth of a Family.
- He lowkey does a lot of charity work. Sunggyu outed Sungyeol saying he actually does a lot of charity work, but he never likes to talk about it himself.
- His visuals are seriously no joke. Having seen INFINITE up close in real life (and accidentally at the airport one time) I can honestly confirm that Lee Sungyeol is one of the most gorgeous people I have ever seen, even with a facemask on and no makeup.
- Sungyeol loves INSPIRITS so much that he’s ready to chase us to the ends of the earth if we cheat on them. He also spoke about how it’s important to him to be able to communicate with all fans, and so he tried extra hard at foreign languages during their first world tour OGS.
- His friendships with the other members are very sweet, especially with Sunggyu and Myungsoo. Sunggyu often leans on Sungyeol or latches onto him at airports. And even though Sungyeol and Myungsoo admitted to fighting with each other before, they’re known to be very close.
I legitimately love Sungyeol so much and it makes me upset when I see negative comments about him or hear that he’s not getting as much attention as he deserves. Please love Lee Sungyeol, because if you’re an INSPIRIT then he definitely already loves you!
(See all these About IFNT guides here)