What kind of episodes are you REALLY hoping to see in RTTE? Anything like, 'Hiccup Screws Up' or 'Hiccup loses his leg' or 'The other riders save the day for once' or all of those combined maybe? Lol! Btw, have you seen all 13 episodes yet or are you savoring them?
I totally bingewatched the entire season the second it came out on Netflix. It was a very worthwhile and enjoyable all-nighter for me. :) That’s “savoring” in its own way, right? ;)
As far as episodes I REALLY want to see, lots of what you suggested are things I want! Here is a list of things that I really want to see in episodes, either separately or in combination:
- Hiccup gets in huge time major trouble and danger. He does not save himself. Others - preferably Astrid - have to get the poor guy out.
- Astrid saves the day as a complete and awesome butt kicker. She comes up with the initiative, she does a lot of awesome power stunts, she shines.
- Hiccup loses his leg. I have wanted this for eternity because it shows how something as simple as losing his leg could really throw him into trouble. This could be in conjunction with “Hiccup gets in huge time major trouble”.
- Hiccup screws up in one of his plans. His leadership does not help save the day, but makes everything horrifically worse. Can also be in conjunction with the other Hiccup episode ideas I want. You can probably tell by now I want to see episodes with Hiccup at weakness. I want to see him fail because those times are just as important - if not morseo - than the times he succeeds. “A Hero cannot triumph all the time,” after all.
- At least one episode based off of the How to Train Your Dragon books. I especially vote “How to Cheat a Dragon’s Curse” and “How to Ride a Dragon’s Storm” as RTTE episodes.
- An episode focused entirely on Ruffnut.
- Camicazi, Excellinor, and/or Big-Boobied Bertha (book characters) in an episode. Give me more book references!
- Really intense Dagur episodes where the drama is amped up and the villain really gets an advantage over the Hooligans of Dragon’s Edge and/or Berk.
- Heather coming back and doing something REALLY dumb that essentially makes her an antagonist of the Dragon’s Edge team.
- The Terrible Terrors from Defenders of Berk returning. Yes, that’s on my “REALLY hoping” episode list. I love those guys!