Pre-T Trans* Guys: Nutrition Tips
To naturally decrease your estrogen levels, you can eat/drink:
- VEGETABLES: Cauliflower, cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, carrots and anything really green!
- Citrusy things like oranges, lemons, etc.
- Nuts (no pun intended)
- Olives/Olive Oil
- Flax Seeds
- 45-70 g of protein a day is normal for males
- Protein shakes!! (Soy increases estrogen levels, so if you are vegan and you are using protein shakes, I recommend rice shakes) Remember that with protein shakes, if you do not exercise as much as you’re meant to while you’re drinking them, then the muscle will turn right intofat and for most trans* guys, the fat will distribute itself into your thighs, butt, hips, etc. If you’re looking to lose weight, make sure the protein shake you decide to use is high in protein, but low in carbs and calories.
- It’s recommended that you take your shake 30 minutes AFTER you work out, if you’re not going to work out one day, take it first thing in the morning
A lot of trans* guys are looking to gain weight, and the best way to do that is to obviously eat a lot of carbohydrates and proteins. They not only boost your energy, but help you achieve the weight you’re hoping for. Remember, decreasing your estrogen levels will help you with muscle mass. Decreasing your stress level will decrease your estrogen levels, thus increasing your testosterone levels and making it easier for you to achieve the body you’re working towards.
Also: Alcohol converts your testosterone back into estrogen, so if you’re a trans* guy who likes to drink, it’s probably not going to help out much!
I got most of the information for this post from this video.