Dramione post hogwarts please! I love your writing by the way!
- within a month after the war draco turns himself in, and convinces his father to do so also
- their sole condition is that narcissa doesn’t step foot in azkaban
- draco gets two years
- lucius gets life
- within a year after the war hermione has, on top of her work at the ministry, started a small advocacy group
- (as well as split with ron because, in the end, they just want two fundamentally different things out of life)
- in the following year her group triples in size and workload and, although she loves it, it’s getting to be quite stressful
- which is not made any easier by malfoy turning up at her ministry office just as she’s locking up
- “malfoy? what - i thought -” she is beyond confused
- “i was. i’ve served my time and now i’m out and would i like to help.”
- “help? with what?” she’s aggravated and tired and the books in her hands are getting heavy
- “you know,” he says, gesturing vaguely at the air around her. she looks at her office door then back to him
- “you want a job at the ministry?” she asks, as if its the most ridiculous thing she’s heard all year.
- and he laughs the same way. “merlin, no. are you daft? no, no. at your little -” he says, gesturing again, “group…thing.”
- hermione’s mouth drops open a little and she huffs. “little group thing? yeah, call me daft and then insult my work, that’ll get you what you want.” she tucks her chin and pushes passed him, fuming at his gall.
- draco sighs, “the creevey foundation” he calls, giving up his aloof facade and she stops, but doesn’t turn around. “you’re over eighteen hundred galleons short in the werewolf rights fundraiser, you’re no where close to getting that muggle building for your proposed orphanage, you need actual offices if you’re going to grow any more at all, and do you even have any idea what really goes on in getting a bill passed? because if you’re not willing to do whatever it takes then you can kiss your house elf reformation good bye.”
- hermione grips at her books and grinds her teeth. so what if he did his research? she’s done just fine on her own for two hers, and she hadn’t even spoken with harry about the lycanthropy fundraiser yet. okay, sure she couldn’t continue to work out of her ministry office (or her home) for much longer, not if she kept amassing employees and volunteers like she had been, but she could figure something out, couldn’t she?
- “face it granger, you need me”
- she whips around, ready to throw a scolding at him, but nearly stumbles when he’s right there, looking down at her with a defeated look in his face.
- “and i… kind of need this” he finally admits. “please.”
- she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. “fine” she says through her teeth. “my office, seven am sharp. if you are even one -”
- “granger i’m never late.”
- “one second late, you can find somewhere else absolve your
conscience.” she turns on her heels and hurries away, hoping to god she isn’t making a mistake.