not my favorite │ average │ cute │ adorable │ best │ ultimate fave
HO HO HO HO HO…. LOVE THIS ONE. i LOVE the sparks on her ears and her tail. i love the PANTS!!!!! i love the BRACELETS!!! i love the sweet little smile. there’s so much simple kindness and fun in that face. love the concentric circle eyes too!! and the fun butch haircut she’s got. and the big ears… ohhh she’s simply adorable.
i “collected” pokemon cards for a short time in 5th grade, and i think i had a very glittery shinx card that was one of my faves. most of my cards were pilfered from my parents’ room; my mom had bought some for my older sister because pokemon were very popular at that time and she wanted amanda to fit in. amanda simply traded a bunch for as many horse pokemon cards she could get. i scraped together the spoils years later. the glittery shinx was a christmas present because my parents knew that i liked pokemon. mostly i just sorted and alphabetized my favorite cards. shinx was one of them.
not my favorite │ average │ cute │ adorable │ best │ ultimate fave
i wish i liked buizel more… i think the name is EXCELLENT (buoy + weasel ? IMPECCABLE) and that the whiskers are cute. but my favorite part of mustelids is the little ears, and there are no ears on this lad! i think the floatation ring around the neck is dangerous. i do like the two tails and the determined expression, though! buizel is off to get some fish dinner, and nothing will stop it.
01. Gypsy is a slur & there is no “positive” or “acceptable” way of using it if you aren’t Romani (or part of a group related to Romani that has been targeted by the slur too). Some Romani might not find it offensive but still it should not be part of your vocabulary – the same goes for the term “gypped”. If you want to talk about the slur censor it or simply call it “the g slur.”
02. Anti Romani racism exists everywhere and there is a slur for the us in every language. Gypsy is the slur used in the English language but there is also Zigan, Tigan, Cigan, Gitano, Zigeuner, etc. - a lot of them stem from the Greek word for “slave” and are considered even worse than the Gypsy slur. However all of them are still slurs.
03. Gypsy is nothing but a derogatory slur against Romani that has been screamed at us while we have been branded, enslaved, hunted down, murdered, put through a genocide and a holocaust, segregated and discriminated against. It doesn’t meant “free-spirited”, it doesn’t mean “wanderer” or anything along those lines either.
04. Romani is the proper name of the people that are being targeted by the G slur. Some people write it as Rromani which is also correct. (But there are a few groups that are part of the Romani Diaspora that don’t identify as Romani.) The term Roma/Rroma can be used too, however not all Romani are Roma.
05. Romani and Romaniando not mean the same thing. Romani are brown people originally from India. Romanians are people from the European country Romania.
06. The official term for racism directed towards Romani is called “Antiziganism”, that term however is offensive since it includes the word “Zigan” which is a horrible slur against Romani. Please do not use that term and instead use “Anti-Romani racism”, “Anti-Romanism”, etc.
07. Anti-Romani racism is very extreme in Europe (segregation in housing, education and health care, forced sterilizations, evictions, demolition of Romani neighbourhoods, police brutality, etc), which is why we even received the title of “Europe’s Most Hated”, but it’s not an exclusively European thing. Anti-Romani racism exists in America and Canada as well. (Canada even has an immigration ban on Romani.)
08. “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” does not display actual Romani people as far as I have heard so it does not represent Romani people/culture at all.
09. Your believes that Romani “don’t want to work”, “don’t want to send their children to school”, “steal children”, “are dirty”, “genetically prone to crime”, “are lazy”, etc. are nothing but racist stereotypes and left over Nazi propaganda. All of them are untrue as well. (Also: Romani would love to work and go to school but the extreme discrimination against us in the field of education makes that very hard. And the widely spread traditional anti-Romani attitudes and prejudices don’t make it any easier either.)
10. Stereotypes such as that all Romani women are “sexual temptresses” and promiscuous disregarding of age are obviously incorrect too. Believing in those stereotypes is very harmful and dangerous as well because despite Romani being only a minority in most European countries we make up the highest % when it comes to sex trafficking victims.
11. Romani culture doesn’t have anything to do with witchcraft, wicca, paganism, etc. We didn’t create tarot, palm reading or crystal balls either. You can stop calling yourself a “Gypsy Witch” and faking Romani heritage now. The only reason why assumptions like that came to exist is because of racist believes and lies spread by the church. Our skills with medical herbs and palm reading were seen as “evidence of heresy” and from the 16th century onward we were outlawed, expelled and persecuted, culminating in the organized killing of our people.
12. Fortune teller costumes are usually racist. Romani women have always been stereotyped as fortune tellers which is why the stereotypical image of a fortune teller is always linked with Romani women - dark skin, messy black hair, a big nose, a “weird” accent, a headscarf, big hoop earrings, gold coins added to clothes and an “untrustworthy/deceiving” nature, etc. Personally, I’ve never seen a fortune teller costume that wasn’t racist. (A lot of people even use the term “fortune teller” like a synonym for the G slur nowadays.) A person’s race/ethnicity is not a costume, so if you ever consider dressing up as a fortune teller chose something different.
Of course I don’t speak for all Romani. This is more of a “faq” actually since these are the types of questions and incorrect assumptions I have noticed the most. If you are Romani too please correct me if I made any mistakes and please feel free to add anything onto this list if you like!
i love elves with big ears like not subtle “maybe im an elf, you don’t know, you can’t see it behind my hair” ears like “im a goddamned elf and i dare you to comment on my ears loser, do it, just try me” ears y'know
A list of places, objects, phrases, and new characters introduced in Season Three. All spelling is from the subtitles. Might be missing one or two. Good luck, content creators!
Puig – saved by Lance and Hunk in s3ep1, attacked again later by the Galra General Ladies. Call themselves the Puigians. Ulippa System – Throk is transferred out here. The planet/system has ice worms. Va’Kar quadrant – the Paladins set a course to this place during their search for Lotor and the comet. Planet Kythra – a tribal desert people, featuring the same large feathered ears as the aliens who rescued Matt. Pronounced “keeth-ra”. Tando people – live in the Valurian quadrant, and wear flappy loose pants. Paglium quadrant – the yellow and blue lions were spotted here between season two and three. Planet Thayserix – planet made of dense gases with unusual magnetic poles that cancel the sensors. Atmosphere has areas full of Red Syntian Nitrate, which is a highly combustible gas that goes BOOM when you shoot through it with “amplified emissions of light.” (In summary: lasers bad. Ice guns okay.) Daibazaal - original home of the Galra. The comet that Voltron was made from crashed here. Rygnirath - home of the original Yellow Paladin, Gyrgan the Dalterion Belt - home of the original Green Paladin, Trigel Nalquod - home of the original Blue Paladin, Blaytz
Terms and Objects
Red Syntian Nitrate – a highly combustible gas found in parts of Thayserix’s atmosphere. See above. Skort pantaloons – flappy loose pants traditionally worn by the Tando people. Bogwaggle-cape – can be trained to sing theme songs. Coran had one back in the day. Nanothermite titanium-boron – the bomb that broke Matt out of galra prison Tel-Galax exploration shuttle – one of King Alfor’s deep space vessels. The team come upon it half-suspended between realities. Note: This ship in particular is Commodore Trayling’s ship. Non-cogs – a term used by trans-reality Alteans that refers to people controlled by the hokril. Hokril – a device that plugs directly into one’s brain via the back of the skull. This device saps the fighting force from a person – from “enemies”. Used by the trans-reality Alteans to bring “peace”. Klygarg – a computer or database of some sort. Transmissions can be logged on this device, which needs a password to activate.
Note: the comet that Voltron was made from, as well as Lotor’s new battle-ship, is never specified by name. The ship (and Voltron) are said to be made from the “ore” produced by the comet – but the comet itself currently has no specified name.
By King Groggery the Infirm! – used by Coran as an exclamation. Fun fact: King Groggery the Infirm is also on the Altean currency that Coran tries to bribe the mall-directory!Unilu with in Space Mall (Season 2.7). By the ancients – another one of Coran’s exclamations. Hold your gazurgas, everyone! – thank you, Coran. And I’m the Phoblan of Gargalax – Shiro’s taller captor uses this as a sarcastic statement of disbelief, similar to “sure, and I’m the King of France.” By willow! – Gyrgan exclaims this at least twice.
Guns of Gamara – really, Sven?
Lotor’s Generals Ezor – awesome. ‘ribbon-hair’ Galra Narti – blind with a kitty. Also has tail. Zethrid – big fluffy ears. Always down to fight. Acxa – the Galra Keith met in the weblum. Note: the subtitles spell her name differently almost every time.
Original Paladins Zarkon, from planet Daibazaal – original Black Paladin King Alfor, from planet Altea – original Red Paladin Gyrgan, from Rygnirath – original Yellow Paladin Trigel, from the Dalterion Belt – original Green Paladin Blaytz, from Nalquod – original Blue Paladin
Miscellaneous Commander Throk – attempts to undermine Lotor Commander Trayling - was in charge of the exploration shuttle the Paladins discover. Sven – ………. General Hira – the pink-haired Altean met in the trans-reality. Refers to Allura as ‘Empress.’ Her companion with the spectacles is never named. Moxilous – a “non-cog” controlled by the Alteans in the trans-reality Vakala – tiny alien on the ice planet fake!Shiro/Kuron lands on. Their companion, the larger alien, is not named. Subject Y0XT39 – approved for use in Operation Kuron. Note: Shiro’s fugitive number is 117-9875. (Season 1.10) General Raht – assigned by Haggar to keep an eye on Prince Lotor. Honerva – Haggar’s original name Kova – Honerva’s cat. Same species as the cat that Narti uses to see through – possibly the same cat? Maybe season 4 will tell us.
Three of the most intelligent creatures on earth are jellylike fish with a beak and tentacles, giant grey animals with tusks, big noses and massive ears, and hairless chimpanzees that secrete saltwater and methane. Aliens would probably think that we’re the weird ones
Trico is finally finished! My boyfriend and I took him to the park to take some pictures, it was so much fun. He was very fun to pose and looked really cute in the woods and on the beach. A little girl thought he was real and came up to pet him and mentioned many times how much she loved him
I learned so much working on him, I hope you guys love him as much as I do