A family doesn’t have to be a mom and a dad. Sometimes a family is happy-go-lucky son, a butler grandpa, a police commissioner big sister, two dads who are actually the same person, and a criminal clown dad.
I bet Reinhardt goes bird watching and it’s like, the one hobby of his that he doesn’t ask the young heroes to join in on because he thinks they’ll probably find it boring but D.Va wants to see what that ish is about
important facts & quotes from hidden oracle reread #4 part one
i cited everything from the hardback edition bc im a nerd
- page one apollo is already making pop culture references (1)
- meg is such a badass oh my g od (14)
- riodan does such a beautiful way of explaining things in this novels. awe-inspiring. mind blowing. example: “Her eyes glinted darkly like a crow’s. (I can make that comparison because I invented crows.)” (14-15) wow. beautiful.
- so i understand this series is going to be about Apollo’s redemption and ~~~~finding himself~~~~ or w\e but JESUS PLEASE RICK you can’t just say “She [Meg] reminded me of the strays my sister was always adopting: dogs, panthers, homeless maidens, small dragons.” (15) WITHOUT PROVIDING SEVERAL BOOKS AS EXAMPLE FOR SAID SENTENCE all i want is a book focused on artemis and her army of small dragons and lesbians dear gods please
- omfg can you just imagine sally having to go over to Percy’s room and having to tell him that the greek god of the sun apollo was there to see him omfg. imagine the salt. imagine both of them just groaning. imagine.
-”If I had still been an immortal, I might have flirted with her [Sally Jackson] myself.” (30-31) l o l Sally is a middle aged married woman seven months pregnant and still bringing in the gods you go girl im proud of you
- Sally Jackson is one of the best characters in the entire series. citation: every riodan book ever even the non-pjo it’s a fact
- i 10000% support the idea that percy gave apollo the led zeppelin shirt as a sneaky joke he’s so smart i love him so much
- “Percy laced his fingers. They were long and nimble.”(35) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- He [Percy] would have made an excellent musician.” (35) f u ck
- literally all percy wants is to “stay alive” long enough to go to college, meet his baby sister, and see his mom get her book published my heart is broken for this boy (35-36)
- the return of the seven layer dip fuck me up (40)
- jfc that poor Prius it’s been through so much (52-54)
- page 67 and Percy’s already made two comic book references he’s such a canon nerd
- “Cops love me almost as much as teachers do.” god Percy Jackson what are you doing to me
- apollo tried to order a pizza to CHB and honestly same (73)
- g o d will solace jfc wow
- we’re to assume Will’s a skier (his Okemo Mountain jacket & skiers tan) (82) and now i have to write the inevitable fic that comes out of this fact
- Will’s mom was a alt.-country singer from Austin, Texas (83) which wow and honestly makes the fact will is a horrible singer 1000% better
- yellow daises grow year-round in the Apollo cabin, and it smells like fresh linens and dried sage. (83)
- kayla is aiming for the olympics and honestly im so proud already
- fact: any and all solangelo interaction have me crying into my book
- “Will put his hand on Nico’s shoulder, ‘Nico, we need to have another talk about your people skills.’” lol this implies that they’ve had this talk before and im dying to hear it
- the Hermes kids are big fans of Rocky Horror Picture Show (95) and now i have to write a seperate list of headcanons for this fact
- speaking of, Apollo used to cosplay as Rocky bc why not. (95-96)
- listen i know im solangelo trash BUT - “Will and Nico sat shoulder to shoulder, bantering good-naturedly. They were so cute together it made me feel desolate.” im destroyed (110)
- “but if I sit alone at my table, strange things happen.” “it’s a mood disorder” “i cant control it” stfu nico u nerd u just want to sit with your boyfriend im dead (110)
- Will nodded serenely. “It’s the strangest thing. Not that Nico would ever misuse his powers to get what he wants.” death to goody-two-shoes will solace 2k17
- off topic but CAN YOU JUST IMAGINE CHIRON THO. like. this happens and will and nico are just standing there. in front of him. telling him they have to sit together OR NICO WILL JUST HAPPEN TO PUT CRACKS INTO HIS CAMP. just imagine. him staring at them. sighing. deciding not to fight this one. agreeing & watching them giggle away bc they’re so SNEAKY & now they can EAT TOGETHER WOW
- lol when Meg was going to town on the hot dogs and “Julia and Alice watched her with a mixture of fascination and horror.” (111)
- “Will and Nico exchanged a look that might have meant, here we go.” (112) okay im sorry im just sO GONE FOR LITTLE MOMENTS LIKE THIS I JUST WANT NICO TO BE HAPPY AND COMFORTABLE IN HIS RELATIONSHIPS OKAY
- apollo refers to the seven as “the A-list” (112) same tho
- Jason, Piper, Coach Hedge, Mellie and baby Chuck are all in LA with Piper’s father like???? (113) THIS IS SOMETHING I NEED TO SEE? What’s the living arrangement? Is Jason living with Piper? OH GOD IS JASON LIVING WITH HEDGE AND MELLIE? DO THEY ALL LIVE IN SOME BIG PLACE PIPER’S DAD RENTED OUT???? do Piper and Jason babysit? do they have family dinners? how’s baby chuck doing??? how are they all adjusting to domestic life?? I NEED TO KNOW THIS IS ALL VERY IMPORTANT TO ME
- lol nico’s just as pissed as eveRYONE IN THE FANDOM about Leo’s not-death and im living for it (113)
- also nico carries around Leo’s lil ‘IM ALIVE LOL’ letter\hologram\thing? like i get it was completely for the plot but?????? “i look at it whenever i want to get angry” (114) like ok nico u lil bean whatever u say u little emo shit
- apollo’s little ‘lol when u have a headache in olympus hephaestus just cracks open your skull and removes whatever brain god\dess u just birthed up lol it’s so much easier ugh’ (116) w h a t t h e f u c k
- fact: harley is adorable no citation needed
- also you’re telling me chiron, basically as old as time itself tbh, doesn’t speak portuguese? k (120)
- “i am merely assessing how well paolo’s arms are functioning after surgery” (120) those are some big words william u nervous or something??
- “hmph” - nico di angelo, 2016 (120)
- this isn’t really important but there’s a satyr named herbert and he’s my new favorite character sorry i dont make the rules (124)
- ok so there’s an unnamed random camper who mutters in Italian (127) and now i’ve got the BIGGEST headcanon that this random girl and Nico (omg maybe a few others????) meet a few times a month just to rant to each other in Italian so none of them get sloppy with the language and u g h im such a bitch for nico di angelo frienships
- “A boy in the crowd gasped, ‘she’s a communist!’” (127) i fucking hate this book omfg
i’ll do more later in order to mentally prepare myself for the dark prophecy but it’s 3 am and im tired
okay so I feel like we need to talk about Shiro for a hot sec. In particular his face. I mean it’s handsome, sure, but what I really want to focus on, is the scar across his nose. While I am also guilty of participating in the whole “this is how you make an attractive man: scars, dad friend, big shoulders” jokes, it’s been kind of bugging me how nobody has explored his scar any further.
The wound to Shiro’s face would not have been insignificant. First and foremost, his nose would have been broken, maybe even ruined the bone completely. But the wound was very clearly a cut. And it’s huge. He had to have been rammed in the face with an axe for this kind of damage. First of all, the wound itself would have been gruesome. Blood, bone, it would look like a new bloody mouth in the middle of his face. But what’s worse, is forget about breathing. Was the cut deep enough that air could escape from the damage? That’s an uncomfortable thought.
But even after the lengthy healing process. That scar is huge and ugly. And while Shiro doesn’t strike me as a particularly vain character, the scar on his face is the first thing people look at when they see him, the thing their gazes focus on instead of making eye contact. Sometimes they don’t see him anymore. His face is a literal reminder, a glaring sign to the galaxy of his time as a captive of the Galra. He will have it his whole life and be constantly reminded of that terrible, unthinkable year.
But I want us to address even more. First of all, scar tissue needs special care. Shiro would need to keep it moisturized to prevent it from going hypertrophic. Well, that wouldn’t necessarily true, since the wound seems mostly healed so it might have gone hypertrophic already (big, raised, puffy) but to prevent it from getting worse. But Shiro probably developed a habit of breathing out of his mouth. A few months with your face literally cracked open will do that to you.
But that’s just the thing, Shiro’s face was literally cracked open. Like, let that sink in for a hot sec. His sinuses are probably screwed. When air pressure changes, or the team is on a planet with weather systems, Shiro probably gets massive headaches. His face bones were broken!!!
While in some aspects, the scar certainly has it’s visual appeal, I wish we would explore more of what fighting a war as a young person can do to them both physically and mentally. That goes for all the Paladins. But especially Shiro. That nose scar is really something.
you’re taking requests for Bill Skarsgård can you write one where
the reader is a famous actress and also little Jackson Scott’s big
sister (the kid who plays Georgie) so she attends the premiere with
him wearing a stunning dress as usual, she meets Bill who is
awestruck bc hes a huge fan with a massive crush on her, the kids who
played in the movie myb tease him a little bit, and she’s flattered
and thinks hes adorable idk i like this idea —
is Jackson older sister and Bill is her fan!so when he finds out he
tries his best to get Jackson to introduce them,and when he
does,Jackson can’t help and teels big sis that Bill has a crush on
her and he’s just super adorkable to admit! later they all say that
on an interview,and the kids love to make fun of them
“Jackson please don’t run! Be careful, sweetie, you’re gonna-” you stopped yourself when you heard you little brother giggle and you realized what you’d just said “Oh gosh I am turning into mom!” you breathed out, eyes wide.
Your little brother ran back to you, wrapping his small arms around your legs and you looked down to be met with his adorable smile “Yes you are! But I am always going to love you the most! More than mom and dad, and more than anyone else in the world!” he said and you giggled.
“And you will always be the number one man in my heart, JR!” you leaned down to pick him up and kiss his cheek as he wrapped his arms around your neck with a big smile.
“Even before dad?” he asked and you grinned, nodding your head.
“But we’re not gonna tell him that, because it’s gonna break his heart.” you pouted, and he giggled.
“You bet it will!” your father piped in, saying with a serious nod and you laughed with Jackson as he kissed your cheek before going to help your mother.
“And… even more than him?” he said with what was supposed to be a smirk on his face and you chuckled, tickling his belly.
“You sly little tease!” you grinned as he squirmed in your arms “Alright, maybe I really do like him a little bit but-”
He rolled his eyes so dramatically at you and shook his head “A lot!”
So I was playing with my family awhile back- my character was a male dwarf warrior, my dad had a rogue, mom had a barbarian, you get it. But the main part is that my dwarf was supposedly this macho guy who didn’t take shit from anyone.
My dad(the DM): alright so when you guys get out of the building, there are 3 men waiting for you.
Mom: do they want to fight us?
(We’re all low on health)
Dad: yes, they’re very angry
Mom: alright well can I roll to intimidate?
(She rolls a 5)
Dad: yeah that didn’t work
My Brother(who’s a cleric): well maybe if we-
Me: fuck it. I’m gonna seduce them.
Dad: alright.. well, roll for it.
(I roll a 20- everyone was watching in suspense and after the roll literally everyone is in tears from watching my dad’s surprised expression)
Dad: what do you say to them?
Me: hey… big boys..
Dad: alright, seducing then worked and one of them has now asked for your hand in marriage
• absolutely cannot hold someones hand without swinging it
• he loves watching marine animal documentaries and after seeing Black Fish he swore to never go back to Seaworld ever again
• [talking to himself in front of the mirror]:
“Sometimes, I’m astounded by my sheer brilliance.”
• whenever he eats m&ms or smarties, he always has to pick out the blue ones and eat them first. always
• [is in trouble and gets sent down to Iverson’s office]:
lance: long time no see, buddy!
Iverson: cadet, please, i have a headache —
lance: HOW ARE THE WIFE AND KIDS?
iverson [groaning]: you like tormenting me
• on one of the days it’s lance’s turn to order takeout in the family, he just goes full-out and orders a shitload of stuff:
lance: i’m thinking, like, two boxes of pizza, some chinese, a side dish of garlic knots —
one of his sisters: you sure? you’ve been looking a bit round lately lil’ bro
lance [scoffing indignantly]: more cushion for the pushin’, big sis! the dad bod is in
• because he’s a good uncle™ his list of swear words include:
- hairy monkey balls!
- dogshit on a stick!
- PUKE pancakes!
• he and hunk once decided to microwave a shoe for ‘scientific purposes’
• he was that kid that jammed, like, three plastic water bottles in the back tire of his bike to make those cringey dirt bike noises whenever he rode it
• he. can’t. sit still through a movie. he has to pause occasionally and get up to stretch or get a snack or aimlessly scroll on his phone or stare blankly at the ceiling, thinking about all the homework he’s going to have to do at 3 AM