Which character do you ship Edd with and why? Are there any ships that you truly dislike?
… This feels like a trick question XD. ‘Who does Starryoak, the
person who has managed to turn at least half or more of these questions
into something Eddeddy related, regardless of the actual amount of
Eddeddy in the question if any was present, ship with Edd?’ I will answer in a series of images, because this…
Does that answer your question?
The answer is Eddy. It has literally always been Eddy, even when I was a freaking kid, the answer was ‘I think Double D likes Eddy and they’d be cute together’. But anyway, it’s a ship rooted heavily in canon to the point where storyboard artists shipped it, where Danny Antonucci likes pictures of Eddeddy posted in places, it’s just… The team ships it. So do I.
The reasons I ship it include; goddamnit it would be adorable, which factors into all of my shippings, honestly, but that’s the least of it. The two have so much canonical evidence towards an attraction towards one another that even Ed ships it. Everybody ships it; Kevin chose to make Eddy kiss Edd as a dare, even though making him kiss Ed would have been way more unpleasant, there’s gotta be a reason, he later asks if they’re getting married upon seeing a banner and then, teasing or not, he knows, even the paragon of awful that Eddy’s brother automatically makes the assumption that Edd is Eddy’s girlfriend. Everyone knows.
The two bounce off one another incredibly well, with Eddy absolutely needing that grounding force of ‘No, Eddy, don’t’ and other such ‘no that is a bad idea Eddy stop’, but not just that.. Emotional support, genuine caring, being able to say the hings he needs to hear… and Edd honestly needs friends, any good friends, and Eddy, for all his… Eddy, is a good friend. And Eddy provides Edd with a lot of adventure, which isn’t a bad thing at all; Edd needs something to break down his rigid rule-based life, and Eddy does that. I don’t know how to articulate the whole thing, but I do know that someone else probably will. So um, I’ll just go with ‘it’s goddamn adorable and perfect’ and leave it at that.
Kevedd and Broedd. Definitely. I’m sorry, but… um… no. No offense to people who ship it, I mean, I’d hate to be that one person who tells people what they can ship or what they can’t, but… no. Just… no. Kevedd just has no basis in…. I don’t even understand it. I can’t explain it, I don’t get it at all; he called him ‘my dork’ once as a possessive or something and now it’s a thing? I probably wouldn’t be so against it if it didn’t make finding Eddeddy so goddamn hard over here. It just highlights the issues with it, especially that Kevin is kind of implied to know Eddeddy is a thing, along with not being a very good person to the Eds.
And…. Broedd. Do I have to explain? I feel like it’s outright obvious and I’d like to move on from that because please don’t. Just.. no. Eddy’s Brother can go rot in a hole somewhere, ok?
01. glory and gore - lorde <you could try and take us / but we’re the gladiators / everyone a rager / but secretly they’re saviours>
02. invaders must die - the prodigy <we are the prodigy / invaders must die>
03. kids in the dark - all time low <here we are / at the end of the road - a road that’s quietly caving in / come too far to pretend that we don’t - we don’t miss where we started>
04. beat the devil’s tattoo - black rebel motorcycle club <everyone is king / when there’s no one left to pawn>
05. the kids aren’t alright - fall out boy <and I still feel that rush in my veins / it twists my head just a bitter thing / all those people in those old photographs I’ve seen are dead>
06. the draw - bastille <don’t listen to your friends / see the despair behind their eyes / don’t listen to your friends / they only care once and a while>
07. comes and goes (in waves) - greg laswell <this one’s for the lonely, the ones that seek and find / only to be let down time after time / this one’s for the torn down, the experts at the fall / come on friends get up now you’re not alone at all>
08. being small - sleepy turtles <oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, where did the time go? / so far from the start / we’ll show the new little ones how to grow>
09. wasting my young years - london grammar <don’t you know that it’s only fear / i wouldn’t worry, you have all your life / i’ve heard it takes some time to get it right>
10. lose your soul - dead man’s bones <i get up in the morning / put my dreams away / i get up, I get up, I get up again>
11. bad blood - bastille <if we’re only ever looking back / we will drive ourselves insane / as the friendship goes resentment grows / we will walk our different ways>
12. maybe sprout wings - the mountain goats <i thought of old friends, the one’s who’d gone missing / said all their names three times>
13. monster hospital (mstrkrft remix) - metric <i fought the war but the war won’t stop for the love of god / i fought the war but the war won>
14. hero - family of the year <let me go / i don’t wanna be your hero / i don’t wanna be a big man / just wanna fight with everyone else>
15. all is well (it’s only blood) - radical face <they cut me up, but I did them worse / and I’ll be fine, I just need to rest>
I really wanted to get at least a small doodle out tonight to celebrate BH6 winning an oscar so this is something a lot messier than what I normally do, but wooOO MY BABIES WON AN OSCAR I’M SO PROUD
I seriously owe a lot to this movie, it pulled me outta a horrible art slump and put me on the right track again, and honestly made me the happiest I’ve been in a long while. I related a lot to the characters in the movie (Hiro particularly), and I only wish I had this movie around when I was 14 and suffering through the exact same thing Hiro was. So here’s to this amazing movie, and I strongly urge everyone to go see it on DvD when it’s released in a day.
Again - Congratulations, Big Hero 6! You deserve it, and so, so much more!
Okay peps here’s my super amazing Steven Universe drink-ventions! Pretty big pictures ahead. I’m sorry cause I don’t know how to re-size…
Amethyst- A surprisingly subtle Lavender cream limoncello, crushed blueberries with vanilla Ice-cream and cookie sprinkles with a Licorice whip. Eh? Ehhhh? EHHHH?
Pearl- Peach jelly at the bottom of pear vodka, citrus sou-ju, sprite, and peach juice. A speared pineapple spear chaser. (Can’t even get over these puns yo.)
Garnet’s chocolate pomegranate infusion is chocolate sauce, itallian pomegranate soda, a homemade pomegranate syrup with pom vodka, and a cream made with chocolate liquor, heavy cream, and the juice from a bottle of cherries for color mixed together and poured on top. Orange bitters smooths it all out.
And the favorite is a rose water strawberry lemonade with lychee liquor, lychee calpico, and homemade strawberry syrup. That on top is a lychee with mint leaves.
AND THE FUCKING BEST!
My roommates amazing cookie cats!!!! (All the pics were taken by my friend because I was too busy making the drinks.)