An AU where Bitty didn’t go to Samwell and instead started working at a bakery in Providence. The bakery is around the same neighbourhood where Tater lives.
Tater starts frequenting the place and soon enough, you guessed it. Bitty and Tater become friends.
The best of friends. The ride or die friends. The I’d hide a body with you friend. But also the how many skittles can you fit in your mouth? Friend.
Tater starts a lot of his stories with ‘B and I…’ ‘Took B to’ 'B is’ etc and everybody starts assuming that B is Tater’s girlfriend, until he brings him for a game.
Everybody sort of goes 'oooooh’ and assumes this is Tater coming out and bringing his boyfriend to meet them. And if you think about it, it sort of explains Tater calling him B.
Then Tater comes super excited one day. 'B will move with me!’ And they all congratulate him and everything, thinking it’s so nice that Tater and Bitty’s relationship is going well, while actually Tater has been nagging Bitty to move in so he can have access to pie 24/7.
But also because Bitty is his best friend and since he bought his apartment he has been feeling a little lonely, this is the reason that does convince Bitty to move in because he has been feeling a little lonely too.
Fast forward a year, Jack graduates and joins the team. By this point Bitty is a regular at the games, he is a very in demand babysitter and makes a lot of food for the players.
Before he starts, Guy and Marty take the time to feel him out and explain that Tater has a boyfriend, and that they will have nothing but acceptance in their locker room.
They do this after asking Tater if it was ok to tell Jack about Bitty.
'No problem!’ Tater replies happily 'But B so good he need no introduction.’
Jack is pleased by this of course, and happy he is in a welcoming team.
Then Jack meets Bitty.
And to make it better, let’s say he meets him when he is carrying a bunch of stuff for the nook.
'You should eat more protein,’ Jack jokes after seeing all the pies, and offers a hand to carry things.
Bitty jokes/flirts back. They are having a moment, Jack feels butterflies in his stomach and well, if the team is ok with Tater, surely they’d be ok with him…
'B! You made it!’ Tater bellows from down the hallways and rushes over, picking Bitty and putting him in a bear hug. 'I miss you.’
'Tater!’ Bitty yells laughing, and kisses his cheek playfully, 'you saw me this morning.’
'Yeah but you sleepy, you grumpy when sleepy. Like tiny bear.’
And then Bitty and Tater start to bicker like an old married couple. This whole time Tater is holding Bitty up.
Jack stomach drops to his feet, because of course Bitty is taken. By his teammate.
Jack develops a crush, a massive problematic crush because holy fuck Tater is the nicest person ever, and he would never want to get in between him and his boyfriend, but also he is terrified of Tater finding out because he once took two defence man by himself and won.
Meanwhile, at Bitty and Tater’s home, Bitty flings himself dramatically over the counter.
'Tater! I’m in love. Jack is so cute and nice, I like him so much.’
'Jack nice guy, he good guy for you. I approve,’ Tater says solemnly with a mouth full of pie.
'Say it don’t spray it,’ Bitty asks for the millionth time. 'Do you know if he likes guys?’
And then Tater being the good friend he is, tries to feel Jack out and play matchmaker, while an increasingly alarmed Jack thinks Tater is warning him off about crushing on Bitty.
Which isn’t helped by the fact Bitty keeps popping up to chirp him, which kind of feels like flirting but surely not…
Things get clarified and everything, Jack and Bitty start dating, and Tater has to explain 8 times to everybody that no, he never dated Bitty.
'We kissed once. We agree weird. We best as best friends,’ Tater says once again.
'Yeah but if he was going to date somebody other than you why couldn’t it be me?’ Poots complains loudly.
'You no good enough for B,’ Tater chirps back. 'I only let B date good teammate who didn’t eat my pie.’
'Will you let that go man!? I didn’t know it was yours.’
'It had sticky paper with Tater on it! You don’t fool me Poot, you food thief!’
You know what else I’d love to randomly see? Ladybug and Chat Noir heading into an akuma battle during an ongoing argument. The whole time they’re working together they’re just bickering about something stupid and completely ignoring the poor akuma victim’s rage.
Chat Noir: *dodging attacks* And I’m saying we SHOULD be allowed to give each other Christmas presents. Honestly buginette, I love you, but do you really think we’re going to figure each other’s identities out by some cheap gift?
Ladybug: Okay, first of all, you are NOT getting me a cheap gift, because I wouldn’t get YOU a cheap gift. *launches Chat at the victim to get their possessed item* Second of all we should be ruling out even the smallest thing that could give each other away!
Chat Noir: *is knocked away by the akuma victim* So you’re saying that if I gave you a nondescript diamond necklace you’d be able to figure out who I am?
Ladybug: HOW is a diamond necklace nondescript, Chat Noir?? How many people can afford a diamond necklace???
Chat Noir: More people than you think, Ladybug!
Akuma Victim: EXCUSE YOU I’M TRYING TO MONOLOGUE HERE
Ladybug and Chat Noir: SHUT UP!
Akuma Victim: *cowers*
Ladybug: *snatches the item herself and breaks it over her knee* And another thing—!
Chat Noir: *throws arms in the air as she purifies the butterfly*
Hawk Moth: …wtf just happened?
Adrinette Bonus Round
Adrien: Hey Marinette, can I ask you something?
Adrien: Would you call a diamond necklace nondescript? Marinette: *scowls* NO, I WOULDN’T. *stomps off*
Adrien: What the heck is her problem?? *annoyed*
Why Lapis and Peridot fighting in “The New Crystal Gems” was not a bad thing
Up until The New
Crystal Gems, Peridot and Lapis had been shown to be sharing their lives in
perfect harmony. They seemed very much
like the “perfect” couple – always happy and relaxed around each other, and
just enjoying one another’s presence.
However, there’s no such thing as the perfect relationship.
Couples do fight and they do bicker, often over the silliest of
things. The expression “bickering like
an old married couple” exists for a reason, after all. And it seems that the Crew are very much
aiming for the “married couple” vibe with Lapis and Peridot.
This started in Beta. A lot of people commented that Peridot and
Lapis were “basically married” in this episode – because of how happy,
supportive, and ultimately domestic
Although this appears to fall apart somewhat in The New Crystal Gems, it’s very important to
bear a couple of things in mind.
Firstly, look how light Lapis’ touch in particular is
here. They’re just gently pushing and
shoving each other around, not really wanting to hurt each other. They were both using their elemental powers
at the time, and could have turned these on each other if they actually wanted
to deal some damage. But they didn’t. They were ultimately vying for an audience
and trying to steal the limelight from one another, but neither of them was
annoyed enough to actually want to hurt
the other – and that’s a very good thing indeed, because it shows that they
still care about each other. And that
this disagreement was quite trivial in nature.
It’s also worth noting that when Peridot is dangling off of
Lapis’ arm, Lapis seems quite unfazed by this.
Previously, she’s been extremely quick to withdraw physical contact from
people when she’s angry with them (most notably Jasper in both The Return and Alone At Sea), but that’s not the case here. This suggests to me that she’s so comfortable with Peridot that she’s
absolutely fine with her physical contact, even in the middle of a fight with
When they have their verbal
fight afterwards, it quickly descends into name-calling and general pettiness,
which is often the way when couples have an argument. Peridot even say’s “I’m leaving” – which sounds
very much like the sort of thing that would be said by a disgruntled person who’s
about to storm out from their lover in the heat of an argument.
Marriages (and long term, serious relationships in general) aren’t
all happy and lovely 100% of the time.
In fact, you don’t even need to look beyond Steven Universe itself to
In Keystone Motel,
one of our canon couples, Ruby and Sapphire, had a huge disagreement over Pearl’s
behaviour in the previous episode. This
argument was so extreme that it
forced their inseparable fusion to fall apart.
It took the entirety of the episode for them to finally come back
together again. But they did come back together again – they realised
that their behaviour was wrong, and they shared a loving moment together before
re-fusing into Garnet again.
ultimately, is the single most important thing to bear in mind.
Peridot and Lapis’ fight ended with them both looking very guilty indeed, after Connie managed
to talk some sense into them both.
Then, by the end of the episode, everything was back to
normal – they’d made a collaborative “meep morp” for Greg (the new car wash
sign) and were perfectly happy again, even pausing to do a “victory pose” upon
The fact that Peridot and Lapis have had their first ever “lover’s
tiff” means that their relationship is being built in a meaningful, and
ultimately realistic, way - which is
excellent to see.
Part I / Part II Pairing: Shawn Mendes x female character Rating: Mature Words: 3126
A/N: This is loosely based on some lines in Blink-182’s song After Midnight, and you should listen to it bc it’s a great tune. I started this ages ago and forgot about it and when I found it I loved it. I also snuck in requests - 3 from this and 79 and 148 from this. I hope you like it ^^
His hands are under her thighs, keeping her close, and her chest is pushed against him, her arms around his neck. Shawn walks lazily through the dark, moving carefully so as to not let her fall.
“You know, I wouldn’t do this if you weren’t my best friend,” Shawn slurs.
“I know,” she grins and turns her head on his shoulder to place a messy kiss on his cheek.
“I can’t believe you’re making me do this,” Shawn sighs, pushing up on his toes with force so that she moves higher up on his back, then stalks on slowly along the trail.
“You wouldn’t have had to. This is your fault by the way, you had it coming,” she accuses.
“How is it my fault?” His head snaps to the side and he stumbles, almost falling, but his hand takes hold of a low branch just in time.
“Well, you decided it was a good idea to take a shortcut through the woods while we’re both drunk this late at night and I’m wearing heels that are higher than Wendy was when we left, so it’s only fair you help me out by not letting me trip and die.”
Shawn laughs at her dramatic wording of the situation. “But you had fun though, didn’t you?”
“Loved it! Birthday girl is as alive as the night. You used to have a crush on her, right? Didn’t you get her number before? You never told me how that went.”
“We did talk, but we just stayed friends because she’s been with her girlfriend for years,” Shawn says, chuckling.
“Oh, that explains it. Girls are either blind or gay if they pass on you, because you’re a catch and you’re hot. I think you’re like, really hot.”
Shawn stops walking and turns his head to look at her. This isn’t something she would have said had she not been drinking earlier. He likes to think that their friendship is strong because of the way it has so many sides; they crack jokes at each other’s expense, and they bicker like an old married couple, but they also understand each other like one would their soulmate. They can read one another with a single glance, and they’re always there when the other needs them. They casually tell each other ‘love ya’ when they hang up the phone or when they text goodnight, but platonic is the word he would use to describe them. They’ve even given each other pep talks in order to boost their egos in preparation for first dates. This however, is nothing like that platonic love. These are uninhibited words, an honest thought, because she would never admit to finding him attractive like this.
As if she’s realised what she just said, she clears her throat and brings her hands to his shoulders and loosens the grip of her thighs around him. “I think I can walk now.”
Shawn bends his knees to let her down and he realises that she must have been lying because she steadies herself on every other tree that they pass. They walk the rest of the trail in silence, which isn’t unusual for them when they’re alone together; they can spend hours sitting next to each other without speaking while he plays video games and she reads a book with her legs across his thighs. But this stillness is a shy lack of words that are replaced by the buzzing of bugs and an owl hooting somewhere among the trees.
A while later, they arrive at the edge of the forest and then they stagger through a suburb he’s not sure he recognises, but the houses look similar to the ones in his area so they keep going until he feels dizzy, the last of the consumed alcohol getting to him. They sit down on the sidewalk in front of somebody’s garage for a while as she rubs his shoulders and back as he fights the nausea.
“I swear, if you throw up…”
“It would be pretty embarrassing for me to puke on Craig’s driveway,” Shawn says.
“That’s his house?” She turns to the garden and recognises the place. “Then by all means, go right ahead. He was such a dick after the breakup. He deserves some vomit on his lawn.”
“Nope,” Shawn replies, slowly standing up. “I think I’m good now.” He starts to walk and she drunkenly waddles behind him.
They’ve gotten themselves deeper in the area when their roles flip, and she’s the drunker one as Shawn starts to sober up, and she seems to have gained a sudden adrenaline rush.
“Did you have one of the brownies?” Shawn asks.
“No, but I was there when they were smoking,” she giggles with a grin on her face.
“You are so high,” he teases.
“Who cares?! Carpe noctem!” she yells into the night, then turns and starts to walk in reverse.
“What does that mean?” Shawn laughs, affected by her contagious bliss.
“It’s like carpe diem, except, you know, night,” she smirks at him and shrugs, then turns around to skip ahead.
“Let’s carpe this frickin’ noctem!”
She looks so alive in that moment, with a big smile plastered on her face and her arms spread out as she runs. Shawn thinks that there is nothing else he would be doing than following her down this street right now and he feels his chest fill with a strange feeling he doesn’t quite get. He follows her and wraps his arms around her waist, spinning her around him. She shrieks and squiggles free of his grip before turning to him. Giggling, she pokes the end of his nose with her fingertip before running off again.
Shawn catches up to her and slows her down with a hand on her shoulder then hooks his arm around hers for good measure, because the alcohol and the marijuana has definitely gotten to her, and the last thing they need is for her to run into a street lamp and come home bruised.
They wander around for what feels like ages, their slightly drunken state paired with their carelessness doing nothing to help, but Shawn realises a while later that the street signs are no longer blurry. He’s unsure of where exactly they are relative to his place so he tries to remember how the streets are placed, but his mind still feels a little groggy. They follow a curve of streetlamps, and after a while he understands that they’ve been walking in circles.
“Are we lost or do you know where we are?”
“I’m not so sure anymore…” Shawn trails off, slowly spinning around to have a look at their surroundings.
“You’re an idiot.”
“I may be an idiot, but I’m not stupid,” he defends. He spots another street sign that he recognises and finally, he figures it out. “Come here, I think I know where to go now.”
He decides that walking down a straight road is a much better idea and it takes them another twenty minutes that feel more like an hour, but soon enough they’re in front of Shawn’s backyard, slowly opening the gate and sneaking in like thieves.
“Home at last,” he sighs in relief.
“It wouldn’t have taken so long if we hadn’t gotten lost,” she mutters.
“I’ve taken that shortcut a thousand times, and that’s never happened to me,” he defends.
“Have you ever taken it after drinking?”
“You make a fair point.” Shawn shrugs, and his eyes fall upon the dark window of his sister’s room. “We have to be quiet,” he says, holding a finger in front of his mouth. “I think they’re asleep.”
“I’m not gonna have any problems being quiet, you’re the one with long, clumsy legs. And your balance is shit when you’re drunk,” she taunts.
“For your information, I have sobered up quite a bit. See,” he says, lifting one leg behind him as he leans forward with his arms spread out, but he puts his foot back down when he wavers.
“By the looks of your balance and your face you haven’t.”
“My face?” He asks, his fingers automatically going up to his cheek.
“You blush after two beers.”
“I do not.”
She pulls out her phone and quickly snaps a picture of him with the flash on, and he’s momentarily blinded when the light hits his face. When he blinks his eyes open he sees the picture of himself, eyelids tightly shut, nose scrunched up, and yes, cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink.
“Damn right,” she says. “Let’s get inside now, I’m fucking freezing.”
“No, wait, I just had the best idea!” he grins. “What if we get in the jacuzzi?”
“Shawn, it’s two am.”
“You were the one who said ‘carpe noctem’. Are you too chicken to follow through?”
“No, but I didn’t bring extra underwear,” she whines.
“We can just get in naked!” He grins, an excited look on his face. “I promise to let you borrow my clothes,” he bribes.
She squints thoughtfully. “Fine. But if I’m going commando, so are you.”
She undresses and gets into the water first as he turns away, and then he makes her cover her eyes as he sheds his clothes. He carefully dips his feet into the water first, then sinks into the welcoming heat.
“You can open your eyes now,” he says.
“It’s not like I needed to close them anyway, it’s pitch black. I can hardly see you.”
“Can you see me now?” Shawn asks as he moves closer until he’s sitting right next to her.
“Yes, your cheeks are like a neon sign,” she chuckles.
“Fuck off,” he laughs. “As much as a dick you are, this is nice. Let’s make this a tradition. Every time we come to my place drunk, we get in the tub.”
“Are you serious?” She laughs. “What about during winter?”
“Right…” Shawn mumbles and thinks it over for a second. “Quickie. We just get in and get out.”
“Alright, but we get hot chocolate after.” She smiles at him quickly before her face falls. “I just realised that we’re gonna freeze our asses off when we get out of the tub. Can we just stay here forever?”
“I don’t think my parents would be too happy to find us naked in the morning.”
“Your parents,” she groans. “We have to get out.”
“But it’s so cold. Think we can just live with the embarrassment tomorrow?”
She deadpans. “I’ll bake you a cake if you get us towels,” she offers, her face now sporting a sweet smile.
Shawn makes his second agreement for the night, negotiating his way to a two tier cake with muffins on the side, even though he knows she would have baked for him anyways, then runs inside, knowing full well that she has a good view of his arse and will most likely tease him about it later. Shuffling through a cabinet in the bathroom, he finds two large towels and hurries back outside. When he returns with one of the towels hanging from his hips, she’s sitting on the edge of the tub with her back turned to him, arms twisted around her bare body. Her shivering figure is a pitiful sight, so he walks up from behind and wraps the other towel around her.
She flinches at the unsuspected contact, but relaxes when she sees it’s him. “Thanks,” she says, pulling the towel tighter against her. “I got it, you can let go now,” she says, looking up at his eyes when he doesn’t remove his arms.
“Uh, yeah, sorry.” He swallows and takes a couple of steps back, giving her some space.
Shawn passes her a t-shirt and steps into a pair of sweatpants himself while she pulls his shirt over her head, then slides in under the big blanket next to her, sighing at the comfort of his own bed.
“I love your pillows. They’re so big,” she says, shoving her cheek into one of them as she hugs another.
“Are you still drunk?”
She reminds him of his cat when she was still a kitten, how she would fall asleep curled into her own body, and he thinks that she looks pretty damn cute the way she resembles the feline, wrapped in his blanket and surrounded by pillows.
“No, ‘m sober, I swear,” she mumbles.
“Good, then I don’t have to take care of your drunk ass.” Shawn tugs the pillow that’s in her arms and places it beneath his head, smirking when he sees her appalled expression.
“That’s not fair, I’m freezing and it was keeping me warm,” she says, pulling the blanket tighter around herself.
“I need a pillow too,” he says. “But I can cuddle you, I’m warm.”
She places her palm hesitantly on his bare chest, then grins. “Oh my God, you are a furnace. Please hold me,” she pleads although he has already offered to, removing the barrier between them and shuffling closer.
Shawn voluntarily wraps his arms around her and she snuggles into him as he quickly rubs his hand against her back to generate heat. He inhales the smell of her shampoo, a floral scent he can’t quite place, and that strange feeling that he still doesn’t understand comes back. He feels his heart beat faster and he wonders if she realises, because lying in bed like this with her, this close, reminds him of the first time he had a boy in his bed. It reminds him of how he felt when the boy had placed his fingers on Shawn’s cheek and gently kissed him, how they had slowly explored each other with nervous hands. But he shouldn’t be feeling this way, and he definitely shouldn’t be thinking of kissing her because the person he’s holding is his best friend.
She hums and he is pulled back from his thoughts. “Thank you.”
“You’re welcome. It’s the Canadian in me,” he chuckles.
“Uh, not technically, because you don’t have Canadian genes,” she says.
“I keep forgetting that. Well, then evolution has just done a great job with me. I’m also supposedly really hot.”
She chuckles, slapping his chest with her palm gently, and the quiet returns, but this time it’s nice. They don’t need to fill the empty air with small talk; they’re comfortable like this. Along with the comfort comes the thought of a them in Shawn’s mind.
“Did you know that I had a crush on you when we were twelve?” Shawn doesn’t know where the first words to break the silence come from, but they slip past his lips before he can stop himself.
“What?!” She moves abruptly, resting on her forearms as she faces him.
“Yeah. It wasn’t as much of a crush as I thought you were cute, but I also kinda wanted to kiss you, if that makes sense?”
“That sounds like a crush to me,” she laughs. She smiles above him, and Shawn think he sees a faint blush on her cheeks but tells himself he’s imagining things, but then she speaks, “I thought you were cute, too. I mean, I still think you’re cute. Now you’re my best friend.”
He grins, scanning her face for any message, but she just has a faint smile on her lips. Then he notices how her eyes move down, and he wonders, this is when he’s supposed to kiss her, right? That’s how she’d instructed him when he was nervous for his first kiss. He remembers how she had held his face between her hands, whispered against his lips, telling him how to make it better by going slow, and how she had pulled back just before their lips touched. She had told him that girls had a look on their face when they wanted a boy to kiss them, and he was almost certain that this was that look. Hell, he had kissed plenty of girls since, but this is his favourite person, and this means so much more.
He’s hesitant, but he recognises the movement of her eyes and how she licks her lips, and he knows. He lifts his head the slightest bit when she moves hers lower. Shawn thinks everything has stopped, his heart, time, the air around them; everything feels still. Then he realises how absurd the situation is, and he bursts into laughter.
She places her hand over his mouth, attempting to silence him while she giggles into his chest. He makes a strained noise under her hand, and licks her palm when she doesn’t remove it.
“Ew! Why would you do that?!” She wipes her palm against his stomach, and her hand lingers there for a second, and then her eyes look down to his exposed abdomen. “Shut up,” she mutters, when she sees the smirk on his face.
They lie like that for a while, quiet, close to each other, and grinning from ear to ear.
“You’re my best friend,” he says.
Then he moves closer again. She mirrors his movement, tilting her head slightly to the side. Their lips are nearly touching when he pauses, because he has to ask.
“Promise we’ll be okay after?” Shawn whispers the words, terrified of what they mean and what the impending kiss could mean.
“I promise,” she whispers just as quietly. Then she leans in until their lips are touching.
The kiss is sweet, innocent, and gently lingering. But then Shawn’s fingers move to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear and his fingertips brush her neck when he retracts his hand, but her neck feels like a good place for his fingers to be so he rests them there and slowly strokes the skin. She gasps at the feeling, and her mouth falls open, and then the kiss becomes kisses and they become fast and sloppy until sounds can be heard between their mouths. They pull away for a second to catch their breaths, but immediately resume. Shawn’s hand crawls up her back between the shirt and her flesh, and he rubs her back soothingly.
“Mm, too much tongue,” she mumbles against his lips.
Shawn pulls back, offended. “Too much teeth,” he counters.
“Sorry, I’ll be nice,” she laughs, delivering a gentle peck on his mouth.
Her lips are soft against his, and she just feels so nice, and Shawn thinks that he wouldn’t mind doing this more often.
“I think I like kissing you,” he mumbles.
“I think I like kissing you too,” she replies.
They kiss again for a while, slowly this time, until they stop because Shawn almost dozes off. So they hold each other close with loose grips and gentle hands and talk about everything but the kiss, because they don’t need to.
With S07E06 it’s easy to lose faith in the ship and so many people are reasonably upset but fret not! We still have plenty of points that are still as valid as they were prior to this episode.
Let’s go through them and calm down, alright? (For Jonerys shippers, people are allowed to ship whoever they want. Please don’t take this as an attack to your ship.)
Here are some summarised points just to refresh yourself on why this ship makes so much sense!
1) Sansa being the first Stark to reunite with Jon, forming a bond between the two. Think of all how refreshing it was to see Jon and Sansa smile on screen for the first time in forever, and how crucial it is for developing the plot!
2) The marriage symbolisms in the scenes they share. Sansa is cloaked in(what I assume to be) Jon’s cloak when she first arrives at Castle Black. She then cloaks him in the Stark fur she makes him(and he’s worn it ever since - even on the cliff at Dragonstone). They both have also shared a drink together, which just paints more wedding imagery. Not to mention, Jon has promised to protect her(sounds like something you’d vow to your partner).
3) How their scenes are shot in a particular way that may suggest a foreshadowing of them being endgame. Candle lit rooms, gentle snow falling and panned close ups of anytime Sansa’s grabbed Jon’s hand/arm.
4) Bickering like an old married couple while still empowering each other and Sansa reassuring the Jon that he’s good at ruling thus giving him the confidence he needs and reminding him that he’s a Stark to her. Wow I love a supportive dynamic. Nothing but mutual respect from my two children.
5) How well they work together and how they balance each other out. Jon of course being the military man, and Sansa being more politically savvy. Wow, Westeros is shook at this power couple.
6) The Ned and Cat parallels. I don’t even need to get into this one because there are plenty of sources out there that have pointed this out!
7) Littlefinger’s panned close up of him looking at Jon, then looking at Sansa as if he’s putting two and two together. This is incredibly significant considering the event that led up towards it could be seen as Littlefinger trying to see what would make Jon tick.
8) Angry Kitten Jon i.e. the strange way in which we see him react to different people bringing up Sansa. Choking Littlefinger, glaring and not being interested in discussing her with Tyrion, Sansa being the only reason he chooses to spare Theon. Davos’ close up right after his interaction with Theon. Very suspicious.
9) Them mentioning each other even when they’re miles apart. It’s an odd thing to note that Sansa keeps saying she wishes Jon were with her and that she hopes he comes back soon, meanwhile we also have Jon not being able to escape the mention of Sansa.
10) Jon taking notice of her new silk dress. Remember when he said he’d want to see Ygritte in a silk dress… so he could tear it off of her?
11) The forehead kiss and lingering gaze. They could have reshot this if it wasn’t meant to give off any other vibe that wasn’t perceived as brotherly. 10mill for that last episode, just saying.
12) The deleted scene. In which Jon tells Ghost to stay behind and protect Sansa.
13) Name parallels in both the Stark and Targaryen family tree. There was a Jaeherys Targaryen(some people think this may be Jon’s true name) who married an Alyssane(which is remarkably similar sounding to Alayne - Sansa’s adoptive name while she was in the Vale. But even if it turns out his true name isn’t Jaeherys, there’s still the Jonnel Stark that married a Sansa Stark. Now that’s on the nose.
14) Sansa giving his new life purpose. When we see Jon after he’s resurrected, he was ready to abandon his post as Lord Commander. Sansa walks in just in time, and she gives him a reason to fight for - the reclamation of Winterfell. Jon is truly reborn when he resurfaces from the crowd and we see in him something that’s been missing throughout the season - purpose. Then he goes and knocks the sh*t out of Ramsay.
15) The Prince Aemon/Joffrey bit. Ned had promised her someone brave, gentle and strong like Prince Aemon, noting that the match with Joffrey was a mistake. This happens in Season 1 and in the 1st installation of the ASOIAF books. In the 3rd installation of the books, Jon recalls a time where he and Robb would be training as kids, referring to himself as Prince Aemon the Dragonknight.While in the show in Season 7, we see Jon get insulted at the thought that Sansa might think of him to be like Joffrey - to which she says he’s as far as Joffrey as anyone she’s ever met.
16) Sansa’s hair. This is often overlooked but I remember reading that when Sophie Turner got her role, she asked the producers why she had to dye her hair. They told her that it’s actually important and crucial to the plot in some symbolic way. Let me just point out to you how most if not all the women in Jon’s life that he’s been involved with in some way or another has had red hair. While this seems like merely a coincidence that’s not worth bringing up, it could be tied to the validation he never received while growing up - of Catelyn’s(who had more of an auburn shade), and Sansa who took after her mother in never accepting Jon fully.
17) Janos Slynt. Sansa had wished for a hero to behead Janos Slynt(in the books). Jon ends up beheading Janos Slynt(in the books and the show). This has a romantic connotation since the hero always falls for the princess in the songs.
18) How their arcs almost reflect and mirror each other throughout the story. Both Jon and Sansa had romantic ideas of the world that are debunked by reality. Jon believing the Night’s Watch is a place of honour, and Sansa having her whole reality flipped. (My poor bbs </3)
19) How their arcs are at one point reversed. Sansa finds herself born into a position of power in the beginning, while Jon was a bastard. She then at finds herself being the bastard, while Jon is raised up as Lord Commander. This is good to take note of as they now have a better understanding of each other respectfully.
20) How them getting together would literally give them both what they wanted as children. Sansa’s always wanted her prince(and since Rhaegar annulled his marriage, Jon is a Targaryen Prince), and Jon’s always wanted a family and to live in Winterfell(+ deep down I’m sure he’s always craved the validation he was denied as a child growing up in Winterfell - he had hoped Ned would have the King legitimise him).
21) Poetic justice. How fitting would it be to have a situation that started out from a Targaryen/Stark wedding to end with a Targaryen/Stark wedding(this time done right)? Too perfect.
Those are some of the points I could think of straight off the top of my head, without taking into account the points that stand against D*enerys. I wanted to make sure this post was as positive without having to be perceived as me taking a go at D*ny. But, for the purpose of making this complete, let’s see some points against that ship(you can stop reading at this point if you only want positivity, but I’ll try to be as rational!)
1) The argument that J*nerys together makes the Song of Ice and Fire. This is a questionable point since there could be many interpretations of what’s truly Ice and Fire so I’ve never found this to be persuasive. You could argue that Jon is the Song of Ice and Fire himself, since it’s been revealed that he is both Stark and Targaryen.
2) D*enerys’ story arc serves as a foil to Jon’s. The reason why these characters seem alike is because they seem to mirror their positions throughout the story. However, if you take a closer look - D*ny has risen to power on account of her birthright and dragons, and she has actively sought out her power. Meanwhile, Jon finds himself in a position of power not because he wants it or has a birthright, but because people want him to assume that position(like being elected Lord Commander and then crowned King in the North).
3) The highlighted differences between these characters. In Mereen in Season 5, we see D*enerys sentence a man to death but have Daario Naharis carry out the sentence in front of her people as a deterrent. This has always been interesting to me because she cannot bring herself to look at him as he is being beheaded. It reminds me of the saying that he who passes the sentence should swing the sword. In the same season, we see Jon behead Janos Slynt himself.
4) The direction the show seems to have taken in relation to D*ny’s methods of ruling. Yes, I do agree that you’ve got to be more and more ruthless as you hold more and more power but it’s interesting to me how they’ve decided to shoot her scenes lately. There’s her insisting that she is Queen(Tywin: “Any man who must say “I am the King” is no true King.”). Then we are asked to empathise with the Lannister army for the first time in the series - with Ed Sheeran’s cameo meant to humanise the soldiers, and the Field of Fire 2.0 battle being shot from the Lannister army’s point of view - of devastation when going against a weapon of mass destruction(Drogon). To top it all off, she displays ignorant hypocrisy - saying she wants to break the wheel but only when she’s already on top, deflecting and ignoring any attempts Tyrion makes to talk some sense into her(we’ve seen Tyrion trying to deny that she’s being irrational while with Varys, and mentioning that she’s known to lose her temper), telling the army she’s not there to murder them and then giving them an ultimatum of bending the knee or dying, and burning the Tarlys alive. That last point is interestingly enough never brought up with Jon the same way the maesters don’t inform Samwell - which makes me feel like it’s been left out for now, for a reason. It’ll come back and change Jon’s perspective of her further.
5) Contrasting D*ny’s ruling methods with Sansa’s. While D*enerys’ loot train attack destroyed the food that would have fed the people, in the same episode we see Sansa trying to ensure that her people are fed. It’s there for a reason. For us to be able to extract and juxtaposition these two together and start questioning who would make a better Queen - a ‘foreign invader’ and conquerer who uses her weapons of mass destruction to pave a way for her on the Iron Throne, or the key to the North who has learnt how to play the Game of Thrones from arguably a few of the best players(Cersei, Margaery, and Littlefinger).
6) Cersei’s Prophecy of the Younger, more beautiful Queen. People seem to overlook this when it’s actually quite indicative of endgame. People are also quick to assume that D*ny is the Younger Queen that would talk all that [Cersei] holds dear. But how could she be? D*enerys had nothing to do with the deaths of Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen. Sansa did. Although unknowingly. Sansa was the one who informed Olenna Tyrell of how much of a monster Joffrey was - this set the chain of events that led to all three of Cersei’s children’s deaths. While Margaery could be perceived as the Younger Queen as well - she had no clue of Olenna’s involvement, and furthermore - Cersei still has Jaime while Margaery has already been reduced to ashes. So, if Jaime were to sometime in the future join forces under Sansa, she would fulfil the prophecy. I highly doubt that Jaime would be keen on joining D*enerys after what he’s seen her do with fire - I’m sure he was getting war flashbacks, poor guy.
**I’d like to mention and give fair warning that past this point, I’ve hinted at some things that happen in E06 so if you want to be absolutely spoiler free, please stop yourself from reading further. Or, you could go ahead and read only the bolded first line of each point!**
7) A marriage between D*enerys and Jon serves no greater purpose.We are reminded that D*ny is barren(please don’t make it seem like I’m picking at this being her fault and hating her for it, I’m trying to be rational), she cannot give Jon an heir(children he’s always wanted though I don’t doubt that if he truly loves someone he wouldn’t mind giving that dream up, so don’t see this as me trying to pit two women against each other for the sole reason of one not being able to have children). So the Targaryen lineage would truly die with D*enerys if this marriage is realised. Furthermore, the North will not accept a Southern ruler, and will always follow the Stark name. If Jon bends the knee, not only will he be giving up what his family fought for, but he would be betraying the wants of his people. If it is revealed that he is Targaryen and it’s made public knowledge, the marriage that makes the most sense to maintain peace is if he marries Sansa - a Stark, since Jon would be abdicating his position as King in the North by bending the knee and Sansa would still be Lady of Winterfell as she has the Stark name. On the topic of children though, for some reason in E06 we keep getting hints of possibly foreshadowings of Jon having his own children - specifically when Jorah doesn’t accept Longclaw, saying it would serve [Jon]’s children well - and then the scene cuts to Sansa and Arya.
8) Jon possibly playing D*enerys is not completely OOC. Take into account what he did with Ygritte, then take into account the number of reminders he’s had this season alone. Sansa reminds him to be smarter than Robb and Ned, and one of the other Northern Lords reminds him that Robb rode South once, married a foreigner and lost the North. What’s the one thing Kit Harrington says about Jon this season? That he’s beginning to listen to Sansa. You may argue that it’s character assassination to have Jon, who’s so pure, resort to manipulation but he could be putting his family and duty first - he needs to do what he can to secure her alliance. In fact I think it’s more insulting to his character if we were to assume that he would deliberately give up the North without first consulting his people, let alone Sansa. It’s way past time Jon plays a little bit of the game, it does his character justice to develop and learn from past mistakes at least that much. Of course, there’s also guilt following the events of E06 during the wight hunt. Let’s not forget D*ny’s prophecy that states that she will be betrayed thrice - once for blood, once for gold and once for love(this last one has yet to happen).
9) The Odysseus/Penelope/Calypso parallel. I saw this going around at some point and it’s been quite popular ever since! Unfortunately I’m not too sure who the original source is, but please feel free to tag them below! They made a link between the three greek characters with Jon, Sansa and D*ny respectfully. Calypso had detained Odysseus on her island for some time, while Penelope stayed behind and ruled on behalf of him in his absence. Odysseus and Calypso end up sleeping together but in the end, he comes back to his Penelope. It’s not to say that I like the idea of Sansa being ‘second’, but I’m choosing to interpret this in a way that guarantees Jon coming back to Sansa despite the boatbang.
That concludes this little list/semi-meta(?) I’ve never taken a go at these, in fact I’m pretty sure this is my second time making my own textpost. Again, the point of this was not to put one character against the other just so we can be satisfied with our ship. You are allowed to ship whoever you want to! I simply felt the need to bring these points up again because the night is dark and full of red-herrings.
Please try to leave this post as hate-free as possible. If it appears on the wrong tag, I apologise. But if you were secure with your ship then you wouldn’t feel the need to come at me. Although if you do still feel the need to defend a certain character, no one’s stopping you - just be respectful! x
Last but not least… can we just… appreciate these two. (I saw this gif online but I’m not sure where, apologies if it’s yours - all credit to you and please don’t hesitate to let me know.)
Since I see a lot of posts and people talk about the mature, dignified and serious things Rhodey does, I’m here to list the dorky things he does. To tell you how much of a big dork my man James is.
1. He sees his friend blow up an F22 and becomes excited, of course asking for new jets but also frickin EXCITED because the suit looked so cool.
2. He swallows a swear when kids are around and makes it into the weirdest word possible.
3. He talks to his suit. He talks to armoured suits.
4. He loves saying Boom! and also making things go boom.
5. He has weekend brunch with his best friend and says he misses him too.
6. He loves being the big gun and having the big gun, bivkering about it with his favourite dork in a frickin garden.
7. He loves his own jokes and stories.
8. When he gets drunk, he gets extra affectionate about his best friend and demands attention only for himself.
9. He talks to his targets , even if they cannot hear him, before he hits them.
10. He talks to his AI.
11. He holds entire conversations with his favourite dork during a congressional meeting just through eyes.
12. He hides his grin when his favourite dork gets sassy.
13. He takes the name that test groups approved but when he gets the name he had found cooler before, he makes it his frickin password. In all caps. And asserts that it rox.
14. He is an absolute dork when he saves someone and tries to tell them that they’re saved.
15. He cockblocks his favourite dork and compares his long time awaited kiss to a gorilla’s.
16. Did I mention LOVES making things go boom.
17. He has one liners for every situation.
18. He absolutely does not cringe to the worst nicknames possible and almost pouts when he’s mad at his favourite dork.
19. He grins at the worst jokes if his favourite people make it.
20. He has absolutely no shame or hesitation to be himself and live with his favourite dork, bickering and teasing like an old married couple.