Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ’s love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. - Eph 5:25-27 (MSG)
I post this late at night because I want to encourage everyone that is still awake and finding themselves thinking about that ONE guy…don’t be discouraged! I know it seems like you’re running out of time and all the good guys are taken, but it’s not true. There ARE men out there who are growing closer and closer to God everyday and understanding more and more what it means to let God prepare them to be godly husbands. I know it might seem crazy to think about but there are guys who are reading this passage in Ephesians and praying about what it means in their lives. Just because you don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not happening!
YES, there are those who have been called to stay single and not ever be in a relationship (read 1 Corinthians 7:1-16 for more on this), but if you desire to be in an intentional, committed relationship that is pleasing in God’s sight, know that God DOES honor marriage! You don’t have to settle for someone who:
1. Doesn’t respect your body, your time, your heart..
2. Only wants to date you for certain benefits
3. Wants to consume all of your time, but never state their intentions
4. Broke up with you, yet still wants to be “friends” and exhaust you emotionally
5. Only talks to you when they’re bored or when others aren’t willing to talk to them
6. Just wants to be “friends” yet drain you emotionally
7. Keeps you waiting up on their texts even though they are not willing to commit to you
8. Isn’t willing to commit to live for God
9. Only wants the physical part of the relationship
10. Seems to like you, but doesn’t pay attention to you around his friends
Just keep on living for God and pursuing HIM, and you will find that He is ALL you need, and whatever He has in your future is just for you and completely worth the wait!
Biblical context + further reading: Eph 5:21-33, Heb 13:4, 1 Co. 7:1-16
Photo + Model Credit: @abigailnicol on Instagram
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.