Coming from a thiccer queen, here are some of my main fashion tips for my plus sisters:
1. Tulle Skirts: the thiccer honeys have the PERFECT frame to wear these glam ballerina-esque skirts without drowning in the fabric.
2. High Waisted Bottoms: skirts, shorts, pants, etc. High waisted bottoms tend to accentuate your waist line and smooth over unevenly distributed areas of your body to create curves.
3. Crop Tops: ESPECIALLY paired with no.2, these again accentuate that waist and can draw attention to that itty bitty showcase of skin (tastefully, of course).
4. High Heels: to be fair, heels work for basically every shape, but I can’t name a single plus sized woman who didn’t look like a goddamn boss in some heels. They accentuate the booty to make a gal look extra thicc.
5. Prints: any top/dress with elaborate prints (animal print, lace, floral, etc) tends to look great on plus chickies without distracting from the overall look.
6. Big Jewelry: if theres any shape that can pull off a chunky necklace or bracelet, its the plus sized queens bold enough to try. I have yet to see a plus look that didn’t make those accessories work.
7. Button Down Tops: whether at work or a casual day, button downs can make ya plus outfit lookin crisp, and can easily draw attention to a pronounced chest, if that’s the look you go for.
8. Scarves: blanket, infinity, whatever look you goin for, a scarf ties the entire outfit together and can add a pop of color or print to an otherwise plain ensemble.
9. Shit That Makes You Feel Good: fuck what anyone else thinks. If you think a look is flattering or comfortable, slay that shit, b.
1. Uncomfortable Fabrics Or Wears: if you have to sacrifice your comfort for slayage, it ain’t worth it girl.
2. Shapes Or Fits That YOU Don’t Like: fuck what anyone else thinks. If YOU don’t find a particular fit flattering on you, don’t wear it.
3. Overly Tight Clothing: before y'all go prosecuting me, I’m NOT sayin we can’t wear tight shit. Go ahead and wear that Bodycon boo. But if it’s cutting off circulation, making certain areas of your body (i.e. hips, stomach, etc.) bulge out uncomfortably, or leaves red marks after you take it off (y'all know the marks I’m talking about) DON’T wear it. I guarantee you aren’t that comfortable in it.
At the end of the day, no matter what size you are, you fuckin slay. Keep queenin y'all❤
Today on SundayHaw, it’s Raymond Durant. *Thinks really hard* Wait a minute…
Here it is; my tribute comic to @blueguynow‘s Sunday/Monday Haw series, with an old friend telling the joke: Raymont Durant; CEO of the SJVR company. Joining him is old Antler Creek Narrow Gauge No. 5 as “D&RG ‘Espanòla.’”
It was fun relearning how to draw deer folk, and coming up with something unique to end this comic/story. So, now enjoy my silly parody of SundayHaw, and have a great week.
Gugu Mbatha-Raw To Star, Gina Prince-Bythewood To Helm ‘An Untamed State’
Gina Prince-Bythewood will direct and Gugu Mbatha-Raw will star inAn Untamed State, an adaptation of Roxane Gay‘s debut novel that the director will co-write with the author for Fox Searchlight. Michael De Luca will produce through his Michael De Luca Productions banner with Prince-Bythewood; Mindy Schultheis and Michael Hanel will be exec producers.
The novel tells the powerful, unflinching story of a Haitian-American woman kidnapped for ransom in front of her husband and child. The novel explores the privilege that made her a target and the strength she must draw on to survive and reclaim her life. Prince-Bythewood is best known for directing Beyond the Lights, and The Secret Life of Bees, and with husband Reggie Rock she is exec producing the 10-hour event series Shots Fired for Fox, Imagine Television and Undisputed Cinema. Mbatha-Raw most recently starred in Concussion and Belle, and she teamed with Prince-Bythewood on Beyond the Lights.