Do you know?
A day on Venus is longer than a year.
- 33 light years away there is an exoplanet completely covered in burning ice.
About 275 million new stars are born everyday.
- According to astronauts, space smells like seared steak, hot metal, and welding fumes.
- Each year the moon moves 3.8 cm further from the Earth.
- Earth has over 8,000 pieces of space junk orbiting around it.
Earth’s rotation is slowing at a rate of about 17 milliseconds a century.
- Far beyond Neptune, there may be an object the size of Earth orbiting the sun.
If you could compress the Earth down to the size of a marble, it would collapse on itself and become a black hole.
- One spoonful of matter from a neutron star would weigh about a billion tons.
There’s a gas cloud in the constellation of Aquila that contains enough alcohol to make 400 trillion trillion pints of beer.