THIS IS THE HS AU ANON HERE TO BLESS YOU WITH MY TRASH
Greek Myths HS AU
- Zeus sits in the gold zone of the classroom. Far enough from the teacher that he can talk to friends and use his phone without getting in trouble. Close enough to not be pegged as one of the troublemakers
- Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades used to be tight back in middle and elementary school, but something happened and now they kinda hate each other’s guts
- Zeus’ old girlfriend, Metis, went missing their sophomore year and Zeus was initially questioned about it. But without a body there was no case
- Zeus goes out with Hera now
- Demeter is Persephone’s protective older sister.
- The first time P and Hades talked was during lunch. Demeter had to make up a test or something and Hades generally sits by himself. And on that day P just walked up to his table, sat herself down, and started talking to him. Hades stared at her for close to 10 minutes before realizing it wasn’t a joke and yes someone was actually sitting there
- News was all over school by the time lunch was over and Demeter flipped out
- Demeter and Persephone are Zeus’ cousins
- Athena and Hermes are Zeus’s younger siblings. Athena is taking nearly all AP classes. Hermes is just a freshman and is already notorious in the teachers lounge.
- Ares and Hephaestus are brothers, but they’re in the same grade because Ares was held back a year and Hephaestus was pushed up one
- Apollo is captain of the basketball team and Artemis is on the track team
- Hermes, Apollo and Dionysus are a trio of trouble. They met when they were all in detention together. Dionysus for drinking alcohol on school property. Apollo for lipping off to a teacher again with some sick burns. And Hermes for planting a stink bomb in the teachers lounge, releasing the class pet during science, and filling this one asshole’s locker with paint-soaked tampons (actually, there is no proof that the last one was him but everyone suspects him anyway).
- Zeus and Hera stared dating not long after Metis disappeared (a respectable amount of time after though) and they’ve been homecoming king and queen since then.
- Ariadne got dumped by her boyfriend in a super embarrassing way. Dionysus found her crying in one of his hiding spots and kinda (really) fell head over heels for her
- Zeus is an infamous playboy and the whole school knows it. No ones really sure why Hera continues to put up with him.
- Hades, Ares and Hermes all sit in the back of classrooms, all for different reasons
- Zeus, Poseidon and Hades all used to be tight during middle and elementary school. Something happened in the summer between 8th and 9t grade, and all hate each other’s guts now. No one knows why
- Poseidon is captain of the school swim team. He has a brother who’s named Triton and also on the team
- Demeter and Artemis are both a part of the Outdoors Club
- Athena is a black belt in at least two different martial arts
- Ares is always getting into fights, especially with his brother. But those fights are more verbal than physical (which means H always wins and Ares storms off to sulk)
- Hermes is the young up and coming star of the track team
- Hades has three dogs; Spot, Fluffy, and Rex
- Hades developed a crush on P pretty fast. He fell in love with her the first time she met his dogs (they fell in love with her too)
- Aphrodite has been dating Ares for a while. She is buds with Hephaestus, while he’s in the friend zone
- Zeus has Lichtenberg figures from when he was struck by lightning as a kid
- Hades generally ends up being the mediator between Zeus and Poseidon, even though the three of them in general don’t get along. Hades’ dislike is more passive towards the other two, while Poseidon and Zeus are more aggressive
- Zeus likes a surprising amount of heavy metal bands
- Hermes owns an insane amount of graphic t-shirts. And two snakes named Donnie and Marie
- Zeus will inevitably cheat on Hera. And then Hera will slut-shame Zeus’ flavor of the week and Zeus will behave, until the next one comes along and the cycle continues
- Zeus looks to his little sister for advice. Though 9 times out of 10 he doesn’t follow it
- Artemis leads a Girl Scout troop
- Aphrodite has a little brother named Eros who is in the 4th grade, and who is always stirring up shit
- Dionysus is Hermes, Athena, and Zeus’ foster brother because his mom (who’s schizophrenic) lit their house on fire with the two of them in it and so she was hospitalized
- Zeus is pretty protective of Dionysus because of this
- Apollo, Dionysus, Hermes and Pan are in a band called ‘The Lyres’. Hermes plays the guitar and the pipes, Apollo sings and writes the songs and sometimes plays the guitar as well and the piano, and Dionysus is the bass. And Pan is also on the pipes. They’re currently searching for a drummer, though when they have gigs Artemis (grudgingly) fills in for them
- Due to the songwriter, their songs end up being love songs to whoever Apollo is trying to woo that week (and than the subsequent heartbreak songs follow in the next week)
- Artemis owns 7 dogs. Apollo cries.
- Eris is Ares’ longtime best friend. They’ve known each other since elementary school when their teacher kept on mixing up their names with the other and they decided to start some shit
- Hermes is Insta/youtube famous for prank videos and short vine-like clips and skateboarding tricks
- Hermes skates hard. He also has wheelies that he’ll use during school, unless he is feeling extra chaotic, then he’ll use his board
- Hermes and Dionysus are meme lords
- Zeus is lowkey a fuckboi
- Ares hates losing. Like, sure no one likes losing, but with Ares it turns to a whole new extreme featuring temper tantrums of epic proportions followed by long periods of sulking
- Nemesis is salty af, as is Poseidon
- Poseidon has so many fish, and has a funeral each time one dies. Hades and Zeus still get invited to them out of childhood tradition (and they both still come and mourn with Poseidon)
- Athena is allergic to olives
- Ares and Athena have this scary rivalry going on and are always trying to one-up each other. Hermes currently has a betting pool on who/when they either snap and kill each other, or make out. It is currently at a till of over $5000
- Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades are all seniors, as well as Hera and Demeter
- Artemis, Apollo, Ares, Aphrodite, Eris, Hestia, and Hephaestus are juniors
- Dionysus, Adrienne, Pan, Triton, and Athena are sophomores
- Hermes and Persephone are freshmen
- Artemis is aro ace
- Dionysus is panromantic, demisexual
- Athena is lesbian, ace
- Zeus is bi, but his trysts have never extended into the male variety, unless you listen to some of the rumors
- Hermes is bi
- Apollo is pan and jUST WANTS SOMEONE TO LOVE HIM BACK
“Hades!” He turned around, now certain that someone was calling his name. His heart stuttered as he spotted Persephone running towards him.
“Hey Persephone,” he grinned awkwardly, well aware of the flush rising in his cheeks. He stumbled as the leashes twisted around him eagerly to face the newcomer.
“Oh, and who are your friends?” She asked, stooping greet three overexcited dogs.
“Uh, well the Doberman Pinscher is Spot, the German Shepard is Fluffy, and Rex is the Rottweiler,” Hades blushed, inwardly cringing at the childish names, but Persephone just grinned at him and then went back to petting the dogs.
“Well hello there,” she cooed, scratching Rex behind the ears and petting Fluffy’s head while Spot sniffed at her, wagging his tail and waiting for his turn to be petted.
“You’re not afraid of them?” Hades blurted out, his blush growing deeper at his sudden outburst.
“Why would I be afraid of them?” Persephone looked up, smiling kindly.
“W-well, most people see them and are kinda wary, apparently they’re intimidating dogs,” he shrugged, scratching the back of his head absentmindedly.
“Well most people are wrong. They shouldn’t judge based on appearances because even if they look intimidating they may actually be kind and gentle.” She spoke softly, her hands stilling. Hades’ face grew impossibly redder.
“And are they?” He clear his throat, finding it suddenly dry. “Kind and gentle?” His heart thudding painfully against his ribs.
“They most certainly are.” She stood up, ignoring the soft whines of protest that Rex gave her.
“Persephone!” A sharp voice pulled them out of the warm bubble that had surrounded them. Demeter stalked towards them, glaring at Hades with sharp eyes.
“Sorry Hades, have to go.” Persephone smiled apologetically before raising herself up on her tiptoes and pressing a soft kiss to his cheek. “I’ll see you at school!” She threw over her shoulder as she dashed back over to her spluttering sister.
Hades watched them walk away, Demeter screeching at Persephone who calmly ignored her. He lifted his hand to his cheeks where it burned over the place she had pressed her lips against so softly.
Oh god, I love her.