TAG! State 15 facts about yourself and pass it on to 15 of the nicest tumblr users <3
- My parents considered naming me David Allen, but instead chose Stephen Douglas. My Mom says it sounded more presidential.
- My 1st pet was a weimaramer named Fella
- I was left handed, but my first grade teacher converted me to write with my right hand. I still shoot pool left handed and kick a football with my left foot so I am kinda crossed.
- My 1st date, i took a girl i knew from church to a Willie Nelson concert. It was pouring rain when i left her house and i got my Mom’s car stuck in the ditch. My Dad and her Dad were super nice about helping get the car out of the ditch.
- My Dad was a great role model as i was growing up. The only downside was that he worked 7 days away and then home for 7 days, so he wasn’t always there. He also worked a 2nd job during his 7 days at home.
- I was smart enough that i didn’t study at all during high school. The lack of study skills was a negative in college.
- I was a stick skinny nerd in high school (6'2" tall and 130 lbs when i graduated).
- In 1984, I graduated college and i moved to Houston and took a job as a chemical plant operator because there were no engineering jobs because of the recession.
- Married in 1985 to the best girl in the world. Not only is she beautiful, but she also takes great care of me and gives me balance and perspective. Mrs. Snap is 3 years younger than me. We went to the same high school and she is the same age as my younger sister, but I never knew her in high school.
- After the chemical plant job, I worked for 7 years at a cane sugar refinery. A nice company to work for although the commodity food industry tends to pay engineers lower than chemical or energy industries.
- In 1995, i got a job at a chemical plant near my hometown in Louisiana and we moved there. I changed jobs again in late October 2011 to an energy company near our hometown.
- In 2009, I had a problem with degeneration in my right hip joint. I went to see my family doctor and he immediately referred me to an orthopedic specialist. I was hoping for just a cortisone shot. The orthopedic doctor told me I needed surgery and an artificial joint. He installed a birmingham hip in September 2009.
- I like to go fishing, but never seem to find the time because i am busy with exercising and work and church.
- This summer, I will be teaching a middle school boys Sunday school class at church. I hope I can use this opportunity to get them to think long term instead of only short term. I have already talked to them about Gabe.
- One of my goals is to demonstrate kindness in my deeds. I need to also work on my thoughts and words.