I’ve been part of the studyblr community for about three months now and I still haven’t introduced myself yet, so I figured I better do it late than never :P
A little bit about me (in dot points because they are my saviour):
- I’m an Australian high school student in year 10 who has exceptionally high standards set for myself (but don’t we all!). My favourite subjects are English, Chemistry, Health and almost anything in the Humanities sector.
- I play the clarinet. It’s pretty lit. I also like band memes, so prepare for a shit-tonne of those.
- Or just a lot of memes in general. I feel like they just understand me…
- Self-love and mental health are very important to me, so feel free to message me about any of these things if you need to talk (or just need to talk to someone in general). I might take a while to respond because of the time zone differences, but I promise I will! LOVE YOURSELVES GUYS!
- I decided to divulge into the fantastical world of kpop a few months ago and I’ve been on an emotional roller coaster filled with cute Korean dancing and singing boys ever since. Best decision ever.
- Due to this new obsession, I’ve recently decided to teach myself Korean. I’m still in the very early stages, but I’m improving! I’m also pretty amateur at Italian, so if you need some help with very basic things I’ll be willing to give it a shot :)
That was a bit more than a little bit… oh well!
I made this studyblr because I was tired of leaving all of my work to the last minute. While I do tend to work well under pressure, I want to develop better studying habits that will allow me to not drown in the growing amounts of work I’m receiving and get my shit together.
Well, that’s enough of me for today. Eat yo veggies, drink yo water, listen to yo tunes and have a nice life! xo
Phoebejanetonkindaily has reached another goal and thanks you very very much. Of course, requests will continue to stay open and from now on, you’ll finally be able to see what’s on, thanks to the to-do list that you can view here. Also soon it’s Phoebe’s birthday and I will do something special for it.
For @stargazershiro, who hosted the amazing Voltron Positivity Day. I was unable to post anything for the event, due to a busy schedule. But, better late than never :P
Lately, I’ve been in a huge Shiro mood, and got a bit carried away (& angsty) :3
Travelling the stars had always been Shiro’s life-long dream.
Keith told him this with absolute certainty, during quieter moments between the two, aboard Castle Lion. When they were at the Garrison, one of Shiro’ s favorite past-times was finding an open space, or nearby window and just gazing up, up, up at the tiny balls of gas that dotted the night sky. Eyes alight with child-like wonder, his white teeth beaming.
An unabashed optimist, ready to take on the unknown with utmost certainty.
Sometimes, Shiro wished he could be that person again. Rewind his life and return to when things were easier, when he could still dream of endless possibilities, confidently staring down adversary in the face without fear.
Those days were now dead and gone, snuffed out by the unforgiving monster called harsh reality.
Also known as, the Galra.
One year can change a person. One’s outlook evolving through an intricate metamorphosis of trial and error, where time was limitless, allowing for mistakes and corrections.
Not for Shiro.
His transformation was liken to being viciously carved from the inside out, laid completely bare, until only desperation and fear remained.
Three-hundred-sixty-five days of the same, hellish routine, that Shiro can barely remember. His time under Galran captivity had since rendered his mind a chaotic haze of repressed memories, distorted fragments in his personal nightmarish kaleidoscope, that only his mind can comprehend.
Sometimes, he wished he could remember that awful year; sometimes he really, really doesn’t want to know. But he still tried, with bouts of success that made him regret the curiosity perpetually gnawing away at his psyche.
During sleepless nights, in one of Castle Lions’ many rooms, Shiro still watched the stars. But, they have since lost their novelty. Those same stars swallowed him whole, chewed him up, and spat him back out with no regard for lasting damage. When he now looked into that vast, infinite blackness, all he saw was danger buried deep within the cosmos. In those rare moments of solitude, Shiro wondered if he would ever find that same joy and wonder he once felt.
Travelling the stars had always been Shiro’s life-long dream. But that was before he realized how many monsters it truly held.