Don’t Walk, Run! 10 Reasons Why Lee Kwang Soo Is Absolutely Hilarious on “Running Man”
Chances are, if you’ve heard of SBS variety show “Running Man,” you’ve heard of Lee Kwang Soo, one of the seven principalcast members who is truly one-of-a-kind. From his elaborate antics to shocking betrayals, Lee Kwang Soo proves himself to be a riot – and we have the evidence right here. Read on for the ten reasons why we think he’s just about one of the most hilarious people ever (feel free to add to or disagree with in the comments section below!)
1. Because he looked like this when you first met him
Admit it. You knew he was awesome as soon as he got drenched during his first speech in the opening sequence of Running Man. And don’t get me wrong – you felt bad he was so pitiful, but you can’t help but laugh anyway.
2. Because his framing and betraying skills are second to none
Song Ji-Yok, anyone?
Lee Kwang Soo is not known to be The Framer of “Running Man” for nothing. In just the first few episode, he’s worked up quite a reputation for other cast members. Does Song Ji Hyo really like to drink… and curse? Does Kim Jong Kook really like to play skipping rubber bands with children? Guess we’ll never know the truth, since Kwang Soo likes to instigate rumors with such a serious deadpan face.
In his spare time, Kwang Soo also moonlights as the Icon of Betrayal, a responsibility he takes great pride in. Friends or foes, no matter! Below, you can see the Betrayer in his nature habitat, ripping off the name tag of an unsuspecting teammate.
3. Because his theme song should be sad, but it just makes you laugh
You can also feel Kwang Soo’s misery every time the opening bars of his theme song, “St. Argus and the Burning Train,” starts playing in the background whenever he gets caught up in his antics or misfortune. For some reason the sad melody is kind of hilarious when placed in Kwang Soo’s situations.
You can re-live some of his theme-song-worthy moments in a fan-made video here:
4. Because he dances like nobody’s business
Kwang Soo has no shame (or inhibitions) when it comes to showing off his moves and busting out the ol’ dancing shoes. The following gif has no sound, but imagine his creaking sound effects in the background.
Can you tell this is MBLAQ’s “Y“? Yeah, neither can I.
5. Because he’s not afraid to whip out his signature catchphrases…
Pil, Chok, CROSS!
6. …Or don his many, many personas
The Kwang Ja
…Just to name a few (trust me, there’s a lot more!)
7. Because something about his face cracks you up, no matter what expression he’s making
Or this -
Or this -
Or these -
Need we say more?
8. Because of his love-hate (but most hate) relationship with Kim Jong Kook, which we know to be just like the cutest thing ever
Giraffe and Tiger? Talk about the sweetest collaboration in the animal kingdom ever. Though Kim Jong Kook should probably watch his back, since there’s about a 100% chance Lee Kwang Soo will betray him. Or kick him in the shins. Or both.
We seem to see this a lot –
9. …Or because of his touching Pil-Chok-Cross Bromance with Ji Suk Jin
“We’re Easy, but we’re not easy~~”
C’mon. Everyone loves a good bromance. Especially when there’s a whole song – written by JYP, might I add – dedicated to them.
10. And last, but not least, because of his spot-on comedic timings (which, as we know, are sometimes not by choice)
Remember when he managed to pick the only raw egg out of a whole bunch of eggs? Twice?