I wanted to make this list because books are my passion and independent bookstores in particular are a wonderful thing which should be given more notice. Note: This list is not alphabetical, nor in order of best to worst, but by our route, and the ones we happened to find. I’m sure I have missed many, so please input any really good bookstores, I’d love to know about them!
- Battery Park Book Exchange & Champaign Bar, Asheville NC
- Malaprop’s Bookstore, Asheville NC
- Dauphine Street Books, New Orleans LA
- Collected Works Bookstore, Santa Fe NM
- City Lights Bookstore, San Francisco CA
- Powell’s City of Books, Portland OR
- Eagle Harbour Book Co., Seattle WA
- Munro’s Books, Victoria CANADA
- Boulder Books, Boulder CO
- Jackson Street Booksellers, Omaha NE
- Northshire Books, Saratoga Springs NY
- Crow Bookshop, Burlington VM
- Sherman Books and Stationary, Portland ME
- Harvard Bookstore, Boston MA
- Toad Hall Books, Rockport MA
- Wicked Good Books, Salem MA
- Spoonbill & Sugartown, Brooklyn NY
- McNally Jackson Books, New York City NY
- The Strand, New York City NY
- Posman Books, New York City NY
I hope you enjoy the list, and support independent booksellers!
Made it to my hotel on Chios, had a lovely chat in the taxi, the host made me coffee even though I showed up ungodly early, and I already made friends with the farm cat, we are off to a good start here
imagine looking 2009 dan in the eyes and telling him that he would soon have a best friend who would be there for him through thick and thin. imagine telling him that he would soon be a positive influence and an inspiration to over 6 million people. imagine telling him that he would soon be the author of a best selling book, traveling the world with his soulmate and performing a live theatrical stage show in front of the millions of people who love him so dearly. he would never believe you. and yet here we are. congratulations on 6 million subscribers, dan howell. congratulations on making your mark on the universe.