Honestly, I really wish Marvel would just step up to the plate and make at least one of their main characters that are still single to be LGBTQA.
Like Steve would be the obvious choice with Bucky. Even if you don’t ship them personally, these are two well-defined, in-depth characters that have been in enough movies for the audiences to know and care about them. They have characterization beyond just ‘that gay characters,’ they both have a role in the coming movies and clear, defined personality. For fuck’s sake, there was a whole movie showing how devoted Steve is to Bucky, with subtext literally everywhere.
And yet, they keep shoving him with random female characters like Shannon who has ten lines and no development whatsoever. And it’s not like they don’t already have a range of characters!
Sexualized aliens? Go for it!
Literal Gods and multiple worlds? Believable!
A robot born from AI and a magic crystal who falls in love with a ‘Witch?’ Well, it’s 2017!
A talking raccoon and a humanoid tree who are best friends? Sure, why not?
But gay superhero?
That’s not believable.
We can’t do that.
Think of the ratings!
They are arguably the largest movie franchise of this decade, making millions of dollars in profit each movie, and they’re still too damn scared to show any LGBTQ characters.
And what pisses me off the most is the hypocrisy.
I grew up with Marvel comics, and no matter if you read X-Men or Avengers, the main point of all the comics was acceptance. It was about people who were different from the norm, who were hated for something they were born into and had no control over, and it was about them slowly being seen and accepted by society.
Hell, most of the X-Man ‘mom I’m a mutant’ scenes was designed to show what it was like for kids coming out to parents they knew wouldn’t accept them! For example, take the scene from the only movies, where Bobby Drake (Iceman) explains to his parents what he is!
Like, the comic books have tons of LGBTQA rep. Bobby is 100% gay:
Captain America is hinted at being Bisexual:
They had an INTER-RACIAL gay wedding years ago with NorthStar:
Godly lesbian couples:
And even shape-shifting gender-fluid couples!
But that’s the whole point of Marvel. It’s about being different, it’s about breaking the mold and changing views. It’s about people slowly becoming accepted by their families or making new families along the way. It’s about everyone belonging and everyone having a place.
I grew up reading these comics, and when I was trying to come out I would find refuge there. I would look at my favorite characters and tell myself if people can accept mutants and aliens, surely society can accept me being gay. And as a scared 15-year-old, this was my ideal world; a world where you could be yourself and have others standing next to you, ready to (literally) fight for you and your right to exist.
I wish Marvel would understand that not everyone watching their movies needs to see a straight, white male saving the day again and again. Marvel doesn’t need perfect, cliché heroes and penny-dreadful romance stories. That’s not what Marvel is supposed to be about.
That’s not who Marvel was supposed to be for.
Marvel is supposed to be for people like us, who are still fighting for their place and acceptance in society. Marvel is for the outcasts, the ‘weirdo’s,’ the people still scared to show who they are to the world because they’re not sure if the world will understand them.
So they just released the announcement that they are auditioning for the new be more chill cast. I am as hype as anyone else for this musical being brought back to life but the thing that ruins the hype immediately is that people are ALREADY hating the new actors (which haven’t even been chosen yet) cause they wont be the same as the og cast.
We all love the original bmc cast. Will is amazing, George is amazing. Katie, Gerard, Jake, etc. all of the original cast was so amazing but that doesn’t mean the new cast cant be just as good. The new cast hasn’t even been chosen and I’ve already seen people saying things like “no matter who they cast as Michael they are nothing compared to George” or “the new cast is gonna suck compared to the original” and its sick.
We need to treat the new cast with the same love and respect as we do with the original cast. Ofc the new cast aren’t going to be exact copies of the original actors, but the new actors are being chosen for a reason. The new cast is being chosen because the directors think they are going to do something special with the character and bring the same passion to the role as the previous actor did. It makes me sad to see so many people already hating on people we don’t even know about yet because they aren’t going to be exact copies of the original cast
The new be more chill is going to be amazing, and the whole new cast and crew are going to do everything to make it the best show ever for their audience. We need to treat the new cast with respect instead of hating them for not being exactly like the original. The new cast might not be exactly the same as before, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t good and that they don’t deserve respect.
Bottom line: when the cast for be more chill is released please treat them with respect because they are going to do everything they can to give you the best show ever
In ur opinion what's the camren timeline look like ? Like when'd they date or take a break whoa date and break rhyme
I’m giving you the big lines… jk, it’s basically a whole fanfic 😂
2012 : Camila and Lauren meet on x-factor - instant attraction between them but neither of them wants to admit anything - it’s just a crush at this point - they become best friends through the course of the show - Lauren is also dating Keaton at the time
2013 : Fifth Harmony is reunited and starts touring, the friendship is still there and strong. Camren is a playful ship, they interact on twitter and don’t hesitate to show affection. It’s Camren yo!
Camila and Lauren spend more and more time together, feelings grow and it shows on camera - I believe Camila was more accepting of those feelings while Lauren had a little more trouble with them, probably already questioning her sexuality (at this point neither of them has admitted to anything)
While all of this is happening, the Camren ship as a romantic pairing takes off and as the fandom gets bigger so does the ship until it eventually reaches the girls. Lauren gets scared because she probably feels like her sexuality is written on her forehead and she’s not ready for that, plus she’s probably scared of losing Camila’s friendship and ruining their public image. That was the time when Lauren started lashing out at the fandom, calling us delusional and stating clearly that she was not bisexual. Camila, witnessing how hard Lauren is against any romantic association with her, is very hurt ( I think at this point she already had very strong feelings for Lauren) and starts distancing herself from her (that’s around June/July). Maybe Lauren thought Camila wanted to distance herself because it’s Camila who didn’t want to be associated romantically with her, which pissed Lauren off even more because she thought “Camren” was the reason she was losing her best friend.
They stay distant until the end of the year - Lauren starts dating Luis, maybe a way to get Camila off her mind ( there are theories out there about Lauren and Luis’s relationship being p.r to shut down Camren, I guess it’s always a possibility). Anyhoo, during that time Camila’s feelings only grow stronger, probably pushed also by jealousy and I think eventually she confessed her feelings to Lauren, which Lauren couldn’t reciprocate since she was in a relationship.
2014 : little time has passed since Camila confessed her feelings and Lauren probably can’t get her out of her mind - I think that’s the reason why she eventually broke up with Luis. Once that was done, Lauren returned Camila’s feelings and there you have it : Camren finally together!
They probably shared their first kiss, which was also Camila’s first kiss, at that time - since Camila says her first kiss was at 16 (not sure since it changes every two interviews 😂) then the kiss must have happened either in January or February.
By March/April they’re full on together, they go on “dates” - the most famous one is the 1975 concert.
They both realize they’re very serious about this relationship and slowly tell their families about it (Sinu probably knew since day one 😂) - eventually the management finds out. Of course, tiny problemo, you can’t possibly have two members of a still very new girl group publicly in a lesbian relationship, no sir. To add to the situation, the Camren fandom is getting bigger, starts its own detective agency.
I think the girls fought hard to be able to actually stay together, even if it had to be behind closed doors. They probably had to negotiate a lot, and part of that negotiation was for one of them to have a good p.r boyfriend, and unlucky us, they’re about to go on tour with Austin Mahone aka Dorito Boy.
The “relationship” between Dorito and Camila is sold to the medias - they’re just asked to appear together outside a few times, hold hands and that’s that - but it was probably already too much for jelly Lern who decided to shut this down real quick, which is why it only lasted like 3 weeks - the break up is staged and sold to the medias as well.
Since a p.r boyfriend for Camila is not an option anymore, maybe a p.r boyfriend for Lauren will work better - oh and look who’s coming with them on tour soon, the Vamps! The p.r relationship is put in place with asshole Brad - my own personal theory is that maybe he didn’t know exactly what the p.r was for and he started actually wanting to date Lauren for real but she shut him down, probably revealing her relationship with Camila, hence the song “I found a girl” - they had to stop the p.r there, and because asshole Brad got his little asshole pride hurt he then went on to basically say Lauren was a slut in an interview with his little dicks asshole bandmates.
Anyway, moving on. While all of this p.r is happening, Camila and Lauren try to navigate their own relationship while having to stay hidden and pretending in front of the world. Not an easy thing to do while at the same time having to deal with the pressure of touring and the fandom who’s always watching.
Eventually I think Camila wanted to end all of it and come out. Probably by letting themselves “caught” making out or something, since the label/management would never let them properly come out. Slight problem, Lauren doesn’t want to, she’s not ready and there’s too much at stakes. We all know Camila is a dreamer, an optimist, and she tries to convince her but nothing does it.
2015 : They eventually break up over it beginning 2015, knowing it might be the only way to salvage their friendship, for the good of 5H. They were both probably incredibly hurt by that break up.
(We enter The Hurting 😉 )
Basically that whole year was about them trying to get over each other while remaining friends for the sake of the group. That’s why we still get lingering looks, smiles and hidden touches… because who on earth could get over someone they still love if they have to see them everyday?
A whole lot of shit also happens when Camila does her first solo collab with Shawn - she receives hate from “fans” like she’s never received before. The girls aren’t allowed to support her publicly because the perspective of a feud is more appealing to the medias so management plays that card.
Basically a really dark time for Camila, where she ends up writing “I Have Questions” in an hotel bathroom before she stops writing altogether. I think it’s a period where Camila’s anxiety really shot up and became a real problem for her, which is also probably why she distanced herself from the girls, to not bother them with her problems, and also obviously to stay away from Lauren.
I think eventually the girls went through to Camila and did everything to support her.
(We enter The Healing)
Somehow Camren found a way to really rebuild their friendship, which was always laced with quite a bit of flirting.
2016 : Lauren tries to get her girl back. And it takes a while 😂. I think they started an on/off casual kinda thing because Camila wasn’t ready to go down that road again probably because she was scared of getting hurt and also because she knows they will be in the same situation they were before, having to hide. But what can you say? The heart wants what the heart wants, and I think eventually they did officially get back together somewhere in the middle of 2016.
(We enter the Loving *behind closed doors*)
If now Lauren feels more comfortable with her sexuality and the prospect of coming out - the problem now resides in Camila’s upcoming solo career - they already know 7/27 will be Camila’s last album with 5H. Coming out at this point in the game would be a public suicide. There’s no way in hell it’s happening.
So instead Camila makes the deal of playing the “straight” girl image as much as the label wants if it means her and Lauren can be together behind doors.
A few months roll out, Camila’s departure is coming soon and the label needs to get ready for the “after Camila” - and the person who comes after Camila is Lauren. Now, how to make Lauren become even more popular? What could make medias talk about her? A little weed in her bag? Yes, but it’s not enough, she needs to make an impact. What could be more impactful than a well prepared coming out? Oh I know! You pair it up with a letter against the biggest enemy of the country at the moment, Donald Trump.
But you can’t just risk that out of nowhere, you need to test the waters first, see how the fandom would react to Lauren’s coming out - enters Lucy.
Now, Lucy has been Lauren’s best friend for years, she obviously knows about Camren and I believe she was also friends with Camila. The fandom knows Lucy, we’ve seen her with Lauren on multiple pictures, Lauren calls her her “sister”. Choosing Lucy to be Lauren’s love interest is a very smart move because there’s tons of “proofs” to back it up and for the fans to create a timeline of. Obviously the Laucy timeline will also have the benefit of discrediting the Camren timeline since Lauren couldn’t have possibly been with both girls at the same time.
So, to test the waters, a photo of Lauren and Lucy kissing at a party is purposely leaked - the fact that the picture was taken at party is important because if the fandom and the medias don’t react the way the management expects them to, you can always say the kiss was just a kiss between to best friends who had a bit too much to drink at a party. Turns out the fandom reacts exactly like predicted, they embrace Lauren for who she is, they defend her against the people who “outed” her, she’s the new hero. That’s why only a few weeks later they give the green light for her to fully come out through a politically incline letter.
You might be wondering why would Camila, Lauren and Lucy accept such a plan? Well in Camila’s case it shuts down the Camren rumors which helps her keep her straight image up, plus it gives the woman she loves the opportunity to finally be herself. Lauren gets to finally come out and be proud of herself while at the same time protecting her girlfriend’s upcoming solo career. And finally Lucy gets to be known by the fandom and the LGBT community, putting her name out there before she releases her first album.
So here we are, end of 2016 - Lauren is out and in a supposed relationship with her best friend, Camila is still playing the straight girl wanting a spanish boyfriend, while Camren is still together and in love behind the scenes.
And now, it’s time to say goodbye. It’s all planned out, a feud is going to happen, Camila’s exit will be a dramatic one. Dinah leaves us little hints a few days prior, Normani cries before their last performance as a five piece and then it starts. 4 statement letters is all that everybody needs to believe everything went wrong, 4 letters is all that everybody needs to believe that a 4 year friendship ended in a day.
2017 : radio silence for a weeks - Camila gives an interview in which she says none of the girls are talking to her, they keep the feud game going.
Now that Camila is gone, there’s no real use for Laucy anymore and even if Lauren is identifying as bisexual, the label would rather have her being in a p.r relationship with a man - they use a photoshoot and an interview to end it simply and boost Lauren’s image in the LGBT community - which they will also do by having Lauren collab with Halsey.
Her and Camila are still together, but obviously it’s getting even more complicated now that they can’t absolutely be seen together.
The label wants a p.r boyfriend for Lauren and Ty Dolla Sign is in need of some headlines with his new album coming out this year. Her and Camila are already having a hard time maintaining their relationship because of how complicated things are with the “feud” and Camila having to stay in the closet, plus probably other unresolved issues between them - the new p.r plan is the last straw that breaks the camel’s back - they eventually mutually decide to break up and to try to figure themselves out without the other. Camila buries herself in work and Lauren parties away the pain. When Camren shippers keep coming at her from all sides she loses it and tweets that Camren “was never real, ever” to shut them down and probably to shut herself down too.
I still think they’re in touch, they keep each other updated on their lives, congratulate each other on the new projects.
I really do hope now that they both try to be with someone new, try to heal and figure out who they are without the other. I hope Camila gets to come out once her career is well established. I hope they can meet again in a little while and actually be together in open light and finally be able to be free to love each other.
The end, until the next chapter 😂
Again this is all theory, a big fanfic - saying this to all the haters out there, no need to bother sending me an ask, you’ll just be wasting your time ✌️
I have Some Thoughts™ about actual Waverly’s behavior (non-Gooverly) from 2x03, so I’mma dump them here, as per usual.
Wynonna’s big theme regarding Waverly this episode is making sure she doesn’t lose herself. They come back to it several times, and even though Wynonna’s oblivious about whatever’s going on with this possession situation, she’s proving that being Waverly’s big sister is super important to her.
And Waverly is pretty much all about Nicole right now, when she’s not picking up shiny objects with her five-finger-discount to add to her kleptomania museum. Don’t get me wrong, it’s refreshing to see non-straight women on my tv who are unapologetic about just how into one another they are, but I think it’s also important to note that she’s lost herself in at least one other person before. This type of behavior is common for people with abandonment issues, and I think they’re doing a wonderful job of bringing it out subtly that perhaps a flaw of Waverly’s is that she latches on too tight in romantic relationships and might lose herself a little bit in that process.
The thing that stands out to me the most about this is the fine line that Wynonna’s trying to walk: being super supportive of her baby sister’s new relationship but also being vocal about Waverly being important without a relationship. (Her whole “you’re the best, remember that” comment reminded me of Cristina Yang telling Meredith Grey, “He’s not the sun, you are.”)
Wynonna doesn’t have any context for what’s happening other than seeing how Waverly is behaving. So, for instance, she’s not aware that when Waverly shows up to the high school while Nicole’s working, Nicole’s response is, “hey babe, I’m working just now, do you think you can self-entertain until I’m done?” It seems like she just assumes that Nicole is Champ 2.0, and she doesn’t want Waverly (who missed her own valedictorian speech to watch Champ play video games - what????) to go down this road again. I bet she’s imagining that Nicole is probably encouraging this kind of clinginess instead of what she’s actually doing - trying to find a good balance for them both while asserting that her job is very important to her and that she has a pretty clear boundary when it comes to her work. This is one of my favorite things about the conflict going on between Wynonna and Nicole right now. They both very clearly care for Waverly, but they’re very much not on the same page. It’s complicated.
And I love that they’re letting Waverly’s flaws and insecurities shine through. She’s clearly struggling with whatever’s inside of her, but when she’s not, she’s struggling with the very non-supernatural, very relatable issue of how to maintain your identity in a brand new relationship. And they’re not afraid to let her fail a little bit, and to use it as an opportunity to strengthen the bond that she and Wynonna share.
Okay, so like I’m still bitter about Andrew but Spider-Man: Homecoming was actually really good. ————————–
• A film by Peter Parker - seriously that home movie was the cutest shit and it worked so well as a means to introduce Peter and his relationship with Happy. Like, he’s such a bouncy kid, so excited for his “Stark Internship.”
• Once again, excellent soundtrack. Marvel is really targeting their audiophiles this year and, like, I’m so here for it. Here, take ALL my money.
• Peter’s actually a motor-mouth (though not as much of a sarcastic little shit as I would have liked). Not to get too off topic here, but one of the reasons I love Spiderman and Deadpool, Spiderman & Deadpool teamups, and why I think Spiderman and Deadpool work so well together is because they’re both smart, sarcastic little shits who run their mouths off. I could go on and on about how much I love the Spiderman/Deapool dynamic and why it just *works.* But I’m focusing on Spider-Man: Homecoming here so I won’t. I guess my point is that it was really nice to hear Peter chatter away in Homecoming and to really see how smart this kid is. I mean, he and Ned HACKED A STARK SUIT. Successfully! Like, come on.
• Diversity - like real diversity. For the first time in a long time, the extras in a Marvel movie, in *any* movie, actually reflected real life (i.e., it wasn’t a sea of white people with one (1) poc). I really hope we keep seeing more movies that do this.
• Ned. Ned. NED. A true friend, the ride-or-die friend, a v precious v smart cinnamon roll who’s just really excited to be a part of this chapter in his best friend’s life, and who is a part of this chapter in Peter’s life - not a sidekick, Ned’s got a role and it’s one Peter legit values. Ned: the real MVP 👏👏👏👏
• Zendaya is a gift, A GIFT I TELL YOU. A+ casting I’m in love. She had the best comedic timing I think Just, the whole movie she’d occasionally drop a line or make a gesture and it killed me. She hardly spoke yet she stole the fuckin show, beautiful. Get it Zendaya, can’t wait to see more of you in future movies, Marvel and otherwise.
• I’m actually really happy with how they wrote Liz. Like, they totally could have made her a bitch, the stereotypical pretty popular girl who doesn’t even know Peter’s name. But they made her really down to Earth and grounded. She not only knows Peter’s name, she’s legit smart, and actually pays attention and notices that Peter’s acting strange and cares about what’s wrong! Like, well done Marvel. Nice job.
• Speaking of good characterization: Flash. Finally! A bully that looks and behaves like a bully. Not a muscled up, dumb, meat head who everyone in the audience can see coming a mile away, but just…. a normal, mean dude. You know, like the bullies in real life.
• Okay, so I know the fandom keeps joking about how Aunt May keeps getting younger and soon she, too, will be a child. But I gotta say, Aunt May was awesome in this. She’s so cute, and I want her wardrobe, and omggggg the montage where she’s helping Peter get ready for the dance ❤❤ I like this Aunt May, good job.
• “If you’re nothing without the suit, you shouldn’t have it.” Hello Avengers callback wow. If you still think Tony Stark isn’t a hero unless he’s Iron Man, if you still think superpowers or a supersuit are what makes a hero after this you can unfollow me right tf now.
• ParentalFigure!Tony Stark. I am LIVING!
• K.A.R.E.N. is lovely and I adore her. I love that Tony programmed a nurturing and encouraging personality into her. This whole movie dropped subtle hints at how hard Tony is working to be Not Howard™ for Peter and I love itttt.
• Happy!! We haven’t seen much, if any, of Happy since IM 3 and I’m so “happy” 😉 he’s back (plsdon'thurtme). And he’s sooo the cranky Uncle who cares deep down in his pinky toe. It’s wonderful. And! And!!!! He, an adult, openly and honestly admits he was wrong and apologizes to Peter, a teenager, who was right. Like, when’s the last time that happened in a film?
• “It’s been in my pocket since 2008” are you fucking kidding me Marvel??? Since Iron Man fricken ONE (1)??? Tony you’re WHIPPED and I love it.
• That Scene where Peter is trapped under the concrete holy shit. That was The Moment™ I was finally sold on Tom Holland and this new Spiderman, w-o-w. Acting. Wow. First Spiderman movie where we, the audience, are forced to acknowledge that Spiderman is a 15 year old CHILD. He’s still learning how to do this whole superhero thing, and in this moment he’s fucken terrified.
He could have been at the dance, having a grand old time with his friends, you know, being a “normal” 15 year old. But no. He decided to go stop a bad guy, even without his suit, because it was the right thing to do and now he’s being crushed and he’s scared but goddamn if he doesn’t pick himself up and go because he’s Peter. Fucking. Parker. He still fights the villain, even after discovering who the villain is, AND fricken saves said villain because guess what?? He may be a 15 year old child but let’s not forget that he’s also a 15 year old fuckin HERO. I remain steadfast in my opinion that the only true difference between Spiderman and Deadpool is that Spidey actively tries NOT to kill people while DP doesn’t really care all that much and that’s why they get along so god damn well, they just complement each other man idek
• Poor Steve. Poor, poor Steve. Patience, is it really worth it? (Yes. Yes, it is Steve) —————— 9.5/10 - yet another Peter Parker Spiderman film but, like, this was actually done really well?? So, yeah.
Anyways, if you’re hesitating to go see Spider-Man: Homecoming in theaters…. I get it. I do. I, too, was all: “Not another Peter Parker movie, ugh.” And yeah, go see Baby Driver or Wonder Woman (a smaller movie featuring characters with disabilities and a female-led diverse superhero movie respectively) first if you haven’t seen them already. Lord knows Spidey’ll be fine if you don’t see it in theaters right away. That being said, you should definitely go see Homecoming in theaters. It’s worth the money.
It’s been a week since I told him to leave and I was currently on my way to the hospital to get a check up on my injuries, remove bandages and what not. I’ve got two weeks sick leave from work and it’s only been a week in and I don’t know what to do with myself for the next week. I’ve been even more tired recently, sleeping every chance I get and I’ve become an emotional wreck - every time I saw something that reminded me of Taehyung, I couldn’t help but tear up. I miss him so much, more than I should but how could I not when we had so much together. He still meant the world to me and more, articles started spreading saying that our relationship was over, which of course was true but to have it publicly published confirms our breakup and that reality hit me so much harder and that hurts so so much, it’s as if someone stuck their hand in my chest and ripped my heart out. Each time I think about our breakup, I regret it - but I had to let him live his life without being tied down to me when he could be out there having the time of his life without having to worry about me and I couldn’t bare being left alone when I thought I had someone that I could rely on. It’s better knowing what you don’t have than knowing what you do have but can’t have.
I arrived promptly to my appointment, waiting in the designated area for my name to be called. I didn’t have to wait long until the nurse came and guided me to the doctor’s office.
“Ah Miss Y/L/N, how are you?” the doctor was nice and had a friendly smile. I sat down on the ‘bed’ that was in the corner of the room next to the doctor’s desk.
“I’ve been okay I guess, just sore basically everywhere especially my rib area and I’ve been extra tired recently, I’ve been feeling faint and out of breath too.” I explained the symptoms and waited for her to hopefully clarify that I was not about to die any time soon. She lifted my shirt to check my rib area, then moving on to my my arm to see how my scratches and bruises were healing.
“Well by the looks of it, the minor injuries are healing well and you can see that the bruises on your arm are now turning and yellow green which means that it is healing. But because of your other symptoms I’ll run a couple of tests just to make sure you’re doing okay like I think you are. You’re probably feeling faint because you’re short of breath because of the heavy bruising around your rib area that makes it difficult for you to take in deep breaths.” I nodded at her and thanked her before following the nurse through to take those tests.
It’s been three days since I’ve had those tests and yesterday the receptionist at the hospital asked me to visit today to speak to the doctors about the results I had. I’m not going to deny the fact that I was terrified, walking in alone I greeted the doctor once again and took a seat on the other side of her desk.
“Hi Miss Y/L/N how are you?” she asked once again.
“I’m doing okay thanks for asking and please call me Y/N.” I confirmed.
“Now I have your test results here.” she said as she placed both her hands on the few pieces of paper that was on her desk. I bit my lip nervously as she picked up a piece of paper.
“So the results here show that you’re pregnant. Congratulations.” Right then and there I felt as though my whole world had stopped.
I don’t know if really like this part or it was a good idea and it’s definitely NOT my best work but I did what my gut told me to do 😂 this parts also kinda like a filler? I hope you will continue to enjoy it! I should have merged the next part together but I’ve always liked a ‘dramatic’ line to end with so yeah… request for 9.5!💜
GOT7 Reaction to: Watching Your Idol Group's Performance
Youngjae: Softly mouths the words while watching you with amorous eyes. Throughout your career, he’d always been your #1 fan, cheering for you at award shows and promoting your group whenever he could. There would be a few instances during your perfomance when he would tap Jinyoung’s shoulder and tell him to look at you and muse endlessly about your talent.
Jaebum: He’d watch you with a stone face at first, aware of all the cameras and people watching him. However, as seconds grew into minutes, he would be unconscious of the adoring smile that had prevailed to creep up his face. He would keep his eyes locked on you, not able to pay attention to anything/anyone else.
Jinyoung: Would do everything in his power to fluster you. When he caught your eye, he’d wink or draw his lower lip between his teeth or mouth dirty words. When were off stage, he would pretend absolutely nothing had happened and praise you sweetly.
Mark: Like Jaebum, he’d keep it together at first until Jackson and Bambam started dancing. He’d join them and smile like a dork, trying his best not to watch only you the whole time and be too obvious. He’d fail at this, of course, and would shoot you a cute wink when you left the stage with a thumbs up.
Yugyeom: He’d be singing and tossing his head to the beat, expertly dancing with you and riling up the other members. He wouldn’t be extremely obvious towards you, but if you made eye contact, he’d definitely start being extra and showing you he thought you were doing a great job on stage. During a backstage interview, he wouldn’t forget to compliment you either.
Jackson: Sings along and even joins in the fanchants, “accidentally” shouting your name the loudest. He, Bambam and Youngjae would put on the best show, doing the dances and cheering during the dance breaks. Afterwards, he’d be slightly embarrased if you asked about his fanboying, but would deliver praise nonetheless.
Bambam: Hyper and rowdy like Yugyeom. He’d be staring you straight in the eyes the whole time, mimicking your lines and dance moves. Tabloids would pick up on how he only knew your parts and you two would probably get thrown in a huge dating scandal, which he’d do his best to quench.
Kdramas I’ve completed *In order of how I watched them!* and how I rate them..chat me up about ANY drama listed, or recommend more! :) **SOME CONTAIN SLIGHT SPOILERS!**
1. Strong Woman Do Bong Soon– 10/10 **This was my introduction to the amazing world of kdrama, and oh boy did it hook me!! The chemistry between Bo Young and Hyung Sik will forever be etched into my brain!
2. The Heirs– 8/10 **The most compelling thing in this show for me was Kim Woo Bin. This was my first intro to second male lead syndrome.
3. Hwarang– 7/10 **Not gonna lie, started this because of Kim Taehyung, and happily finished it because the drama brought more than I expected. It was slow in places, but wrapped up well.
4. High Society– 5/10 ** Not my cup of tea to be honest…I much preferred the second leads’ relationship over the first leads’. Even Park Hyungsik wasn’t enough to keep me enthralled…this was a drama I completed just to get it over with.
5. Oh My Ghostess– 10/10. PARK BO YOUNG IS DAEBAK! I seriously love this woman…she was able to portray two distinct personality types, sometimes nearly simultaneously. Also, Jo Jung-suk as Chef Kang made my heart race!
6. Healer– 9/10 ** This would have gotten a ten had they wrapped up the loose ends a little better, alas, they did not…Also, this was my introduction to Ji Chang Wook. His character is just amazing and JCW depicts him so well!
7. Emergency Couple– 10/10 **This is still one of my favorites. I liked the progression between Chang Min and Jin Hee, and how it wasn’t an immediate reconciliation when they met back up. They both had themselves to find and were mature (most of the time) about giving eachother the space needed to make it work.
8. Weight-lifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo– 10/10. **I loved everything about this drama. The story line, the actors, the chemistry between the leads, and I really loved Ji Il-joo as Joo-hyuk’s best friend :)
9. She Was Pretty 7/10 ** CHOI SI-WON!!! Kim Shin Hyeok is my favorite character in all of dramaland…unfortunately he was second male lead, and my favorite part about the drama. All of the actors portrayed their characters well, I just didn’t connect with many of them throughout the whole show.
10. Fated to Love You 8/10 ** There were times when Gun was literally too much to handle..Also, episode 12 made me take a break from kdramas for a while and reflect on my life choice to become addicted to something like kdramas. Before this episode I realized that I really was spoiled in the shows I watched not having scenes that literally made my heart feel constricted the way this one did.
11. To the Beautiful You– 7/10 ** I liked the show overall, but thought that Sulli would never pass as a male… to me she still screamed female while dressed and living as a male. Kang Ha-Neul was the shinning point for me :)
12. Angel Eyes– 7/10 ** KANG HA-NEUL! :) The show was predictable at times which made it kind of drag on in places, and the female lead was frustrating af, but I enjoyed it overall. Although the teenage years were only in a few episodes (and then some flashbacks) I think the pairing was much more endearing than the adults. I also really liked the chemistry between Kang Ha-nuel and Name Ji-Hyun
13. Doctors– 6/10** Not my cup of tea….Park Shin Hye was great, but it was kind of boring to me..The guest starring of Ji Soo was nice though :)
14. Shopping King Louie– 9/10. I LOVED this drama. I thought the character of Louie was endearing in how he didn’t understand much of the outside world (being rich and all) and relied on Bok-Shil to basically survive. Again, loved Nam Ji-Hyun in this.
15. Pinocchio– 8/10 **HELLO LEE JONG-SUK! :) My favorite thing, other than watching the evolution of the leads’ relationship was watching the relationship between Dal-po and his brother, Jae-Myung. I think the character development of Jae-Myung felt the most real to me. How circumstances turned him into a killer and how he handled the aftermath of that, letting Dal-po settle things legally.
16. W (Two Worlds)– 8/10 **Back to back Lee Jong-Suk. I liked the complexities of this drama. There were times when I really wasn’t sure what was coming next and the suspense kept me returning to my computer as soon as possible to finish it!
17. Marriage, Not Dating– 8/10 **Not gonna lie, the more I watching this, the more I WANTED To hate it, but I didn’t. I’m not sure why I wanted to…I think it became semi predictable and some of the characters were hard pills to swallow, but damnit I was rooting so hard for Gi-tae and Jang-mi until the very end.
18. Love From Another Star 10/10 ** Let me count the ways…This was so endearing, and funny, and melancholic, and in places, SO FUCKING SAD. I will happily admit I cried, and when I inevitably watch it again, I’ll cry again.
Hey! Love your edits. I was wondering if you could take us through how you make your edits? And any tips on how to start with editing?
I COULD try and livestream the whole process because one single edit I post is quite literally, a combination of different edits, some parts are even completely redrawn based of canon material and references.
I think the best thing to do is to just show you in rough lines how I created my last edit:
Also seems like the perfect time to post all my wips and bonuses! which isn’t much but… yeah
My friend does not believe me that ppl who judge dog shows are heartless (they get to pet SO MANY DOGS and they tell most of them that they're not the best dog ever) thoughts?
to keep myself from having to personally hunt down and assassinate every dog show judge, i will offer this rationale: they are not deciding which dog is BEST, they are deciding which dog is MOST DOG. ie. it is not that you are not the best dog, it is simply that you are not as perfect an embodiment of a jack russel terrier as this other dog. but still a very good dog.
please dont make me hunt down all the dog show guys. i already have my hands so full of evil scientists and robots and fucking nazis again.
every dog is the best dog. except that one jerk who stole my whole lunch in central park last summer. that jerk sucks. i waited in line for like an hour for that sandwich you little thief it was gonna be so good and you didnt even eat it you ran straight into a pond with it
One thing that really sold Stuck Together as a good episode for me is that Lars and Steven actually argued. Steven got upset with Lars, something I think is completely justified, and Lars got to respond. Steven never gets to really be angry, and Lars never gets to put in his point of view, so the fact that both of them got to react is great. Also, the episode overall really reminded me of Lars and the Cool Kids, with how they interacted and responded to things!
Well THAT was the most emotional stagedoor of my life and one of the best performances I’ve ever been to of any show ever. Nearly the whole cast and the entire creative team PLUS JOSH GROBAN came out and took their time with every person in line. The shared flow of emotions between crowd and cast/creatives was completely palpable - in all the years I’ve doored I’ve never felt so deep a love between every person there.
The show itself today? Unbeatable. From the second the lights went up for pre-show pierogis the crowd was on their feet. The second Dave walked on with his accordion, all hell broke loose. I have NEVER seen entrance applause last as long as it did until then. And the crowd just kept going. Nearly EVERY number received a standing ovation - the one Dave Malloy received for “Dust and Ashes” lasted as long as the standing ovation for the final “A Musical” at Something Rotten! closing, and the dance break during “Balaga/The Abduction” was quite possibly one of the most thrilling moments of my life. By the time “Pierre and Andrey/Pierre and Natasha/Great Comet of 1812” rolled around the whole theatre was crying. Audibly. It was so cathartic.
By the time the comet blazed and the lights dimmed, I was gone. I don’t think I’ve felt this way in a theatre in a LONG time.
I’m so grateful for Dave Malloy, Rachel Chavkin, Howard Kagan, and the entire cast and creative team for giving this show life. The past four years have been completely unforgettable and I will treasure every moment I’ve spent in 19th-century Russia.
If recent news, especially here in the U.K. has shown me anything it’s that humans have such capability for generosity in the face of adversity.
A fire, an earthquake, tidal waves, or attacks. People risk their lives, open their homes to strangers, they donate what they can, volunteer their time, they support, rebuild, and show the whole world “we will not be stopped.”
Not just the authorities, the people who chose this as a profession, but ordinary members of the public.
An old tumblr post on space Australia gave me a line like “when the earthquake knocks down the home, we build them better!”
Imagine aliens seeing this. We are such a paradoxical race; we have to suffer the worst, for you to see us at our best.