Oooh, great question! To be honest, I can’t remember the books very well, I’m overdue for a reread, so I’ll do my best to keep a balance between book and movie moments. =) In no particular order:
1) When Edmund breaks Jadis’ wand to change the momentum at the Battle of Beruna. My boy is so clever, like, seriously, I could imagine him being an amazing strategist during the Golden Age and destroying Narnia’s enemies in battle by thinking ahead.
2) “But even a traitor may mend. I have known one that did.” Ugh, my feels for this quote. Even though everyone else forgives Edmund for what he did in LWW, he never forgets it (I sincerely hope that he forgives himself for it) and he grows so much from that experience. He earned that title of King Edmund the Just, don’t you forget it.
3) Edmund’s fight with Trumpkin. It starts off fairly lighthearted, then Edmund gets into his rhythm and then just whips him. And then Skandar pushes out his hip and looks so cool doing it.
4) “Between ourselves, you haven’t been as bad as I was on my first trip to Narnia. You were only an ass, but I was a traitor.” I’m so so sad that this didn’t make the film and that Edmund and Eustace never had that moment together (honestly, Edmund’s character was butchered in that film, but don’t get me started). Another reminder that Edmund hasn’t forgotten what happened during his first trip to Narnia, and this time he’s using it try to console somebody else.
5) “I know, you had it sorted.” MY FAVOURITE LINE. I love the way Skandar delivers it and I love the importance of that scene in terms of Edmund’s growth. It really was like closing an arc for him (until it reappears in VoDT… /grumble). EDMUND SAVES THE DAAAY!
6) Edmund’s meeting with Miraz. This entire scene is freaking amazing, I love how he dances with words in this conversation. They were clever to send Edmund (diplomat and spymaster), if they had sent someone else, I wonder whether it would’ve worked out the same way.
7) “It’s not like there isn’t air inside.” Oh, my sassy boy. And then proceeds to hit a six through a window. That boy has cricket skills.
8) “Is it Latin for ‘worst game ever invented’?” I’m so glad they kept Edmund as the snarky character, it’s honestly so hard to choose between all his brilliant comebacks, I could seriously make a second gifset of them.
9) The scene where Lucy sees Aslan and no one else believes her. I love his line, “The last time I didn’t believe Lucy, I ended up looking pretty stupid,” but more than that, I love that he waits for Lucy to leave and he walks behind her. He literally has her back. Like, all my sibling feels.
10) Pevensie hugs! I’m thinking of the one he shares with Lucy after he is rescued from Jadis where he literally rests his head on Lucy’s (like, HE NUZZLES HER HEAD. OMG, IT’S ADORABLE) and the one hug he gives Lucy after Jadis relinquishes her claim on his life and HE PICKS HER UP. Like seriously, it’s the cutest thing ever.
I know, I cheated on the last one because it’s two moments, but I CAN’T CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM. Edmund is my favourite forever and always. Thanks for the great question! xx