Why is Bronze Yohn so committed to the cause of House Stark to the point of being in "near open revolt" over Lysa's failure to support Robb ?
- The Starks and the Royces are kin: Beron Stark married Lorra Royce, so all Starks since Beron have Royce blood in them.
- Ned and Yohn were contemporaries and knew each other pretty well: Ned was fostered at the Eyrie where the Lord/heir to Runestone would have frequently attended court, Yohn was at the Teourney of Harrenhal, Yohn almost certainly fought with Ned during Robert’s Rebellion, Ned hosted Yohn at Winterfell when Waymar Royce joined the Night’s Watch, etc.
- Yohn rightly views the Lannisters as his personal enemies: Yohn was there when Robert died, he was put on Cersei’s enemies list, and managed to get out of the Capitol ahead of the Goldcloaks.
- Yohn is likely one of those Valesmen who blame the Lannisters for the death of Jon Arryn.
- Yohn’s a traditionalist and views Lysa’s failure to fight in defense of her own kinfolk as failing in the honor code of the Vale.