There was only one night game a year. On the 4th of July, the whole sky would brighten up with fireworks, giving us just enough light for a game. We played our best then because, I guess, we all felt like the big leaguers under the lights of some great stadium. Benny felt like that all the time. We all knew he was gonna go on to bigger and better games, because every time we stopped to watch the sky on those nights like regular kids, he was there to call us back. You see, for us, baseball was a game. But for Benjamin Franklin Rodriguez, baseball was life.
I found out that they never kept score, they never chose sides, they never even really stopped playing the game. It just went on forever, every day they picked up right where they left off the day before, it was like an endless dream game.
A Slightly Girly List On Why The Sandlot is The Best
This past week has been The Sandlot fever and although all articles and lists I’ve read are good, I’ve decided to create my own, slightly girlier version. Here are my top 13. Sorry not sorry for some repeats.
1. First things first: doing the right thing and putting a stop to bullying even if it’s standing up to your friends:
2. But of course there is always fwendship. Aaawwwww:
3. How adorable is the Beast in his baseball tee? I want to squeeze him and put him in hats and a bowtie.
4. Best lesson in a movie. I felt like during this scene Beyonce’s “I Was Here” should have been playing.
5. Wendy Peffercorn’s fabulous swimwear fashion:
6. She taught us the sashay way before supermodels did
7. And how to flirt subtly:
8. I learned the best insults which proved useful when everyone else just had “I know you are but what am I?”
10. Benny batting
11. Benny batting again
12. Benny batting in motion
13. Just Benny. All of it:
So if you are one out of the three people in the world who have not seen this majestic movie…