Dealing with school and stress
We’ve all had times where school has gotten really overwhelming. These are just a few things that I do to help deal with my stress and to calm myself down.
1. Listen to calming music. This always helps me concentrate, and calms me when I’m studying for an exam or doing homework. here are some of my favorites:
- Atlas Hands - Benjamin Francis Leftwich
- Landfill - Daughter
- Skinny love - Bon iver
- To Build a Home - The Cinematic Orchestra
- Bloom - The paper kites
2. Take breaks. Step back from what your doing and go take a long shower or read a few chapters of a book. It always helps to take a break from whatever is stressing you out and give yourself some to take a breath and calm down.
3. Get organized. Being unorganized just stresses me out beyond belief. Make a to do list and plan out what you need to do that day, organize your school work into folders or in binders so that you know where everything is. Set up a system and follow it.
4. Drink some tea. Tea also helps to calm me down. There are so many types of tea I love to drink but green tea especially does the trick, its super healthy and delicious!
5. Look after your self. Getting a good amount of sleep and a good diet helps a lot is really important. Make yourself a huge breakfast, eat some fruit, work out or go to bed and hour or two earlier.