after doing my favorite skin care products of 2016, i decided i might as well do one for makeup too so here it is. my favorite makeup to use on a daily basis:
primer: smashbox photo finish primer water, benefit porefessional, honest beauty everything primer (luminous base). i also use the l'oréal paris magic anti redness correcting primer on my cheeks
foundation: it cosmetics cc+, l'oréal infallible pro-glow, clinique even better, and the tarte amazonian clay is good but a little too heavy for every day but i do like it
concealer: tarte cc undereye corrector, maybelline better skin, too faced born this way
setting powder: nyx hd translucent finishing powder or the airspun loose face powder to bake if i feel like taking the time
highlight: glossier haloscope, benefit watt’s up, laura geller easy illuminating stick in gilded honey (i also like this shade in the baked gelato swirl one), mary lou manizer by the balm..my holy grail
contour/bronzer: benefit hoola, urban decay beached bronzer, too faced cocoa contour kit. sometimes i like to use cream contour so on those days i’ll resort to the clinique chubby stick or the abh stick foundation in the shade “fawn”
eyeliner: if i use eyeliner, i’ll use a liquid to line my upper lash line whether it be the milani brow tint pen or the maybelline felt tip pen. if i do a wing i like to use the nyc liquid one
mascara: i’m super picky about mascara and i rly hate high end formulas SO. i use l'oréal telescopic, butterfly sculpt and maybelline push up angel
lips: i have so many favorite lipsticks but normally i do a nude pink. lately i’ve been lining w nyx nude liner and mixing the buxom lipstick in the shade sydney with tarte’s namaste. slay by bare minerals is also a favorite bc it smells so good omfg
setting spray: makeup forever, l'oréal infallible, mario badescu rosewater
“People always ask about my makeup routine, so I broke it down on Snapchat. ICYMI, here it is all in one video!” - Kylie’s App
Make up Forever HD Foundation
Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done Foundation
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in “Caramel” / She usually uses “Medium Brown”
Laura Mercier Transclucent Powder
Chanel Double Perfection Lumiere Powder
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel
Sephora Blush in “Passionate”
Lancome Definicils Mascara
Sephora Colorful Shadow & Liner in “Brown”
Kylie Cosmetics Lip Liner in “Candy K”
Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop Highlighter
Kylie Cosmetics Gloss in “Koko”
1. Too Faced Candlelight Glow Highlighter i really like the subtle pink undertone in this highlighter. im also too afraid to try liquid illuminators bc my skin easily breaks out if my pores are clogged
2. Hoola Benefit Bronzer this is a great bronzer for the summer (esp when i start to tan) since it has more of an orange undertone
3. NYX Retractable Lip Liner really affordable retractable lip liners for $4-$5, goes on really clean but make sure to moisturize ur lips before putting this on
4. リアルベル Black Charcoal Cleansing Foam charcoal is really good for cleaning out your pores and i esp like this wash since it comes in foam form meaning it goes on lightly and won’t irritate your skin. also touching and rubbing ur face less saves u from the risk of premature wrinkles 😝
5. Bare Minerals Concealer (Light 02) this concealer is light enough to wear for the day so it won’t clog up my pores or look too caked on. its p faint so it doesnt rly cover up more than subtle acne scars/redness and dark circles
6. Vaseline Lip Therapy (Rosy Lips) i love this more than life
• Milani ‘Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation’ ($9.99) is a dupe for the Too Faced ‘Born This Way Foundation’ ($39)
• a great dupe for the NARS 'Sheer Glow’ ($45) is the Revlon 'Nearly Naked Foundation’ ($13)
• the w7 'Honolulu Bronzer’ (£4.95) is a dupe for the Benefit 'Hoola Bronzer’ (£23.50)
• Makeup Revolution Vivid 'Rock On World’ baked bronzer ($6) is a dupe for the MAC 'Mineralize SkinFinish Gold Deposit’ ($37)
• Too Faced 'Sweethearts Blush’ ($30) has a dupe of Makeup Revolution 'Blushing Hearts’ ($8)
• Maybelline 'Fit Me Concealer’ ($7) is a dupe for the NARS 'Creamy Concealer ($29)
• Looxi Beauty 'Bombshell’ ($8) is a dupe for the Becca 'Champagne Pop’ ($38)
• Elf 'Illuminating Palette’ ($6) is a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills 'Glow Kit’ ($40)
• L'Oreal 'Infallible Setting Spray’ ($16.99) is a great dupe for the Urban Decay Setting Spray ($30)
• Beauty Blender ($20) has a dupe from Real Techniques ($6); they work exactly the same!
Summer is on the way, and this year 1970s Charlie’s Angels inspired lightly bronzed skin is “in” for fashion moguls like designer Michael Kors. Beware though, bad bronzer and patchy fake tan are definitely some of the biggest faux pas when it comes to looking good and it’s safe to say that a radioactive glow is probably not going to be coming to a runway near you anytime soon.
Sun kissed skin is really lovely, but it can be difficult to find bronzers that don’t come in sparkle laden “Orange”, “Oranger” and “Orangest” with the whole effect resulting in you looking like an unfortunate, glittery pumpkin.
Get your mitts on a bronzer that will leave you with a healthy glow such as NARS Laguna or Guerlain Teracotta - if you have oilier skin a matte powder like Bahama Mama by The Balm will reduce shine. Non powder formulas are another option, try Laura Mercier Bronzing gel or Body Shop Sun Sheer liquid.
NARS & Laura Mercier are available in Brown Thomas, The Balm is available in A/Wear, Smashbox is available in Arnotts. The Body Shop is on Grafton St.
Hoola Bronzer is $28, and is sold at Ulta or Sephora. It has 0.28 of product.
The packaging is a cute little cardboard box that closes magnetically. I absolutely love the packaging, i think its absolutely adorable! But it is kind of hard to store, because it is kinda bulky. It would be good for travel, though, because it comes with a small brush that is actually kind of useful. It has a mirror, but its very small. It would also be bulky to put in your purse, and the edges get dented a bit after a while. I don’t think it would open while traveling or while its in your purse, but i haven’t tried that, so i wouldn’t know. Other than that, the packaging is pretty good!
This bronzer is very soft and isn’t super powdery or dry. It blends SO easily, and its easy to make it look natural. It has a cooler undertone, but would still work for those of you with warm or neutral undertones. It has mediocre pigmentation, which is actually great because you can build it up for more pigmentation, and it won’t look unnatural with one application. It is kinda orangey for me personally, but i still love the color. I am very pale, but it doesn’t look too obvious on my skin. If you have skin darker than a medium skin tone, then you may find it too light for you. It looks great blended out, and its so easy to build it up. It is also completely matte, with no shimmer whatsoever. It looks very natural, and is absolutely great for contouring. It does fade throughout the day, and fades kinda patchy in my opinion. To fix that you could just reapply it, so its not that big of a problem. Overall, this is a great bronzer for all undertones, and is soft and blendable. It is better for light-medium skintones, and looks natural. I will definitely repurchase.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks for reading! Stay beautiful! xoxo