What she means:
I was the one who had it all. I was the master of my fate. I never needed anybody in my life. I learned the truth too late. I'll never shake away the pain.
I close my eyes but she's still there. I let her steal into my melancholy heart. It's more than I can bear. Now I know she'll never leave me. Even as she runs away. She will still torment me, calm me, hurt me. Move me, come what may.
Wasting in my lonely tower. Waiting by an open door. I'll fool myself she'll walk right in. And be with me for evermore.
my law teacher built a ten foot fence because he hated his neighbour, but the city made him take it down because theres a five foot limit on fences, so he poured five feet of concrete on the ground and then built a five foot fence on top of that and the city tried suing him because it was ten feet but they lost because the actual fence was only five
Why would I want to see Disney redo the exact same film they made twenty years ago but in live action when INSTEAD I could go on netflix and watch Christophe Gans’ critically acclaimed 2014 film La Belle et la Bête, available both dubbed in English and in French with English subtitles? Who cares about Emma Watson’s frankly terrible creative decisions over Belle’s yellow ballgown when I can have Léa Seydoux in not one, not two, but FOUR different 17th century court gowns complete with full parures including tiara? Who need Disney’s beast when Gans’ has a tail!!! A tail!!!!!
Point is this movie released me from the slow, painful death that is knowing every fairy tale themed film released in the past twenty years took more cues from Disney than from the original stories & you guys should go watch it immediately because it’s SO BEAUTIFUL and SO DRAMATIC and SO INCREDIBLY FRENCH
yesterday i uploaded both BATB soundtracks to my computer—the 1991 one and the 2017 one. which would all be fine except itunes got fucked up somehow and LOBBED THEM BOTH TOGETHER. so now i have dan stevens singing about his lonely tower and then 10 seconds later fuckin Vintage Jerry Orbach™ is singing like 30 years too late about his pudding flambe
and i know there’s some smart ass out there who’s gonna be like ‘how is this a problem??’ WELL LET ME TELL YOU IT IS A PROBLEM, BUDDY, MY GUY. because now i’ve got fuckin crack fic on the brain where the two BATB universes collide and meet their counterparts. and like listen:
2017 beast is fucking MORTIFIED that 1991 beast CANNOT FUCKING READ like do you even lift, bro
1991 lumiere is mildly impressed that 2017 lumiere has the strength of mind to be so loyal to plumette. he definitely ships plumiere
1991 cogsworth is relieved there is no lumiere/cogsworth kiss in 2017 like there was in 1991. 2017 cogsworth is upset there is no lumiere/cogsworth kiss in 2017 when there was one in 1991
the two belles get along pretty well though 2017 Belle has Questions™ about why 1991 belle doesn’t do more
the two mrs. potts are besties
the gastons just fucking MAUL each other. ‘i’m the biggest!! no I’M the biggest!!’
they’re comparing chest hair
2017 lefou can’t even give the time of day to 1991 lefou. #savage
2017 plumette is fucking upset that 1991 babette got to keep, like….a human face. ‘and i’m over here as a fuckin PEACOCK like w t f,’
now all the servants are comparing the merits of ‘days in the sun’ vs. ‘human again’ and taking notes
Against the odds, the Beast had shown her true beauty. He had shown her it was okay to feel lost and made her realize how desperately she had wanted to be found. She had learned that things were not always what they seemed, that people could surprise you. He had given her the one thing she had always longed for - something more.
the solution to people not being able to express their sexuality in one or two words is not creating 1,000 micro-labels; it’s an understanding that you don’t NEED to communicate the intricacies of the attraction you feel toward other people in one or two words.
human sexuality is complex! human relationships are complex! the way that i, as a lesbian, view and am attracted to women is not the same as how every other lesbian views and is attracted to women - and that’s okay! it doesn’t matter! i don’t NEED strangers to know how well i have to know someone personally to want to have sex with them at a certain time of day and how much of that attraction i want reciprocated in what lighting. i don’t NEED to give strangers a detailed list of micro-labels that define every specific aspect of my attraction to women; i like girls! that’s all anyone needs to know unless a relationship is going to develop, and in that case, i would much rather have an actual discussion about what i want or need in a partner than say “i’m demi-homo-cupio-romantic, homo-placio-asexual”
moreover, most people dont even have a concrete understanding of their own attraction/desires/etc, and to assign fixed microlabels to oneself and then experience an attraction/desire/etc that contradicts that… more often than not makes one feel as though they’ve lied about their identity (or gives one an otherwise bad feeling that’s difficult to articulate). i get that it’s nice to feel like other people relate to your sexuality and all, but other lesbians exist. other bi people exist. other pan people exist. you can relate to them without sharing with each other the intimate details of where and when you feel attracted to what and who.
if having hundreds of sexuality definitions out there to choose from has somehow helped you, that’s fine, to each their own i guess. but i wanna emphasize that it’s not necessary - and often very uncomfortable - to like, divulge the particular way you experience sexuality to strangers in the form of a few prefixes.
• Assuming all Latinxs are from the same/said country
• Assuming all Latinxs know Spanish
• Assuming all Latinxs should know Spanish
• Thinking issues Latinxs face are secondary to issues other marginalized groups face.
• Telling us to go back “where we came from”
• Thinking a Latinx is only respectable if they have a “high profile career” such as being a doctor, lawyer, etc
• Thinking all Latinxs look the same- we come in many different colors from all around the world
• Telling us we have to assimilate
• Trying to speak Spanish to us, thinking we all know it
• Thinking we all listen to Spanish speaking artists
• Blending in our cultures together. Latinxs come from many different cultures and all of them are unique and respectable
• Asking us to cook for you / assuming all we eat is Chipotle and Taco Bell shit
• Saying we’re “the best in bed” or “the best cooks” - that is FETISHIZATION. We will not appreciate or tolerate it.
• Calling us “spicy”, “caliente”, “fuego”, “mami” or whatever dumbass word you can think of. That is also fetishization.
• Making jokes about Trump’s dumb fucking wall
• Thinking Black Latinxs are less valid than non Black Latinxs. That’s also anti black racism which is also disgusting.
• Telling us we are not “Latinx enough” because of our skin color / ability to speak Spanish
• Thinking we all dance salsa, bachata, merengue… like seriously?
• Thinking all Latinxs know each other. No, I don’t know “Maria” from your job.
• Thinking only white people can be prejudiced against us
• Eating our food, listening to our music, using our fashion but blatantly disrespecting Latinxs. This one is pretty obvious and very common.
• Prioritizing documented Latinxs over undocumented Latinxs
• Thinking we all are teen parents. That’s ignorant and guess what? We’re not. Even if a Latinx is/was a teen parent, they’re still deserving of the utmost respect.
• Thinking every Latinx is “illegal”
• Thinking Latinxs owe you shit
• Calling us stereotypical names such as “Maria”, “Juan”, “Rosa”, “Diego”, “Jorge”, “Juanita”, “Alejandro”.. etc.. we have any name and our names, whether Spanish or not, are not for you to joke about. Shut the fuck up and go along with Richard Spencer and be a trash bag far away from us.
• Thinking we need to have a last name that is Spanish
• Derailing us when we try to talk about the issues we face. BIG ONE. Shut the hell up and listen to us for fucking once.
• Thinking we’re all criminals.. honest to god…
• Disrespecting Cinco De Mayo, Dia De Los Muertos, or any other Latinx holiday. If it’s not from your culture, either respect it or shut the fuck up.
• Disrespecting our culture.. duh!
• Calling us “Spanish”.. guess what, you dumb fuck? Spanish people are FROM SPAIN. Spanish people are also not Latinx. It’s not that hard. That’s like saying all white people are German or all Asian people are Chinese. That’s so fucking stupid. You are an idiot if you do this.
• “You don’t look Spanish / Latinx”
• Again, telling us the issues we face are secondary / invalid
• Using Latinx slurs.. if this wasn’t obvious..
• Calling us all “chola” or whatever.. you’re also very ignorant if you do this
• Telling us to calm down if we get angry.. we have a right to be angry just like everyone else on this damn planet
• Assuming we listen to a Spanish speaking music artist… like… ???
• Refusing to recognize the racism Latinxs face
• Thinking we should be glad to be fetishized. No fucking way, I will not be glad someone sees me as less than human and equates me basically to a sex toy.
• Thinking we haven’t face any problems.. we do. We do. Oh hell we do. Just because they’re not addressed in the media does not mean we don’t.
• Making jokes about calling immigration on us. It’s funny how I’ve seen Non Latinx POC do this more than white people.
• Thinking all Latinxs come from Spanish speaking countries… no…
• Thinking we’re all maids, janitors, fast food workers, nannies, etc… first of all, those are honorable jobs. Secondly, so fucking what if we were? You’re not better than people with those occupations. Thirdly, we have so many occupations- each and every one of them deserving of respect.
• Thinking we have to chose between our culture and westernized culture. We don’t.
• Saying stupid shit like “hot like Mexico”.. really? Are you serious?
• Only respecting Latinxs that look a certain way
• Making Anti Latinx jokes.. this is obvious
• Thinking you can appropriate our language and culture. There’s Spanish from Spain and then there’s Latinx slang. You cannot use our slang and then disrespect us which you all do tbh.
Other Latinxs feel free to add in because I obviously missed so much.