hello !! i saw your post about being vegan and i recently made the decision to go vegetarian!! do you have any tips for that? i'm having a bit of trouble with it 😐
hey!!! being vegetarian was quite easy for me because i never liked meat that much but i’ll give you some tips if you want:
- cut out meats slowly if you are unlike me and replace them with fake meat or whatever you like!
- try to learn how to cook if you don’t know how, it comes in handy
- buy fake meat if you’re into that (try some different brands, i’m not too keen on many of them since the brands we have here taste a little like cardboard imo, but soy mince is really nice!!)
- when going out, it’s quite easy to have a no-meat option since most restaurants cater for that but always ask for vegetarian options
- keep an eye out for gelatine, rennet, etc… since they all come from dead animals (+ a video here)
- use marmite instead of bovril (an easy replacement which i discovered like six months after i was vegetarian and i was so pissed i hadn’t discovered it before)
- watch a lot of youtube videos for ideas about what to cook
- get ready to deal with your friends/family being unsupportive and making jokes about your lifestyle (i’m here if you want to whine about that haha)
- eat a bunch of different fruit and veg, they’re so tasty! (also try hummus and different dips to dip your veggies in)
- make a lot of soups in winter and juices in summer (+ try smoothies and smoothie bowls for breakfast if you have a blender)
- watch films like ‘forks over knives’, ‘cowspiracy’ and ‘earthlings’ if you feel like giving up (i’ve recently watched ‘what the health’ which is what really inspired me to try out a vegan lifestyle)
- make sure you get enough vitamins + minerals in (especially iron and stuff, if you’re someone who gets periods)
- do a lot of research + read books about your diet (recipe books, info books etc)!!
hope these help a little!! take care, and if you need anything do ask me ❤️