1. You can have only one best friend and that best friend can only be you. Because you may come across a dozen lovely people but the only one who can keep the ‘forever’ promise is you.
2. Family is the most important. This is the only love that is truly unconditional and absolutely pure. They love you when you’re 5 and when you’re 18. They love you in your failure and your success. Their love doesn’t increase because it’s already at its maximum right from the beginning, it’s already infinite.
3. Cocktails and aerated drinks may soothe your taste buds but tea soothes your entire body. It’s warm and calming and well, healthy.
4. Your first kiss means nothing if it’s not with the right person. And the right person doesn’t mean your soulmate or someone who will never break your heart but someone who in that moment loves you as much as you love them.
5. You’ve written over 350 exams and you’ve got a perfect score in some and scored miserably in others but do you remember your 9th grade math score? Do you even remember 9th grade math? Education is so important but not the stress and competitive grading that comes along with it. If you get a low score or even fail, not much will happen – you will get a retest. But if you get ill – mentally or physically, it will have undesired long term effects.
6. In 8th grade your school psychologist told you that you’re one of the few people who walk in life with open arms loving and helping everyone, not because you haven’t bled but because you know you will heal and have the strength to do so. At that point you laughed at her but now, years later you’re loving, accepting and helping in spite of having both, actual and metaphorical scars. You’re kind and admitting that doesn’t make you conceited.
7. Goodbyes don’t always have to be dramatic. Writing an 800 words message won’t make it hurt any less than an 8 words one. Closure usually has not much to do with the ones who wronged you but with taking your time in dealing with all the stages of grief. Some stage like anger may take only a month but acceptance may take years and that’s okay.
8. Jealousy is a basic human trait. They can be the closest to you and yet envy your happiness and life. Envy is something you too experience and you can be happy for them and be sad for yourself at the same time because so bitter it is to view happiness from someone else’s eyes. You aren’t a horrible human being if you feel like there are better shades of green your grass could be.
9. Read at your own desire and pace. You don’t have to read particular books to qualify as a bibliophile or read a specific number of books to be a bookworm either. Read what truly interests you and take your time because reading was never a task, don’t make it one now.
10. Money is important. Money can’t buy love but it can buy happiness. But not blood money. Money honestly earned through hard work. That kind of money is good, that kind of money is required. You have a certain standard of living and if you want to maintain that after your parents stop financing you, you must make sure to earn the same. It doesn’t make you a snob or a spoiled brat, it only makes you a human aware of your wants, many of which have turned into needs by now.
11. There are somethings you just never grow out of like bubbles and glitter and your mother’s hot chocolate and hugs. Those are the kind of things that make life bearable when adulting gets too hard. Those are the little things that matter the most.
12. You cry. A lot. But you don’t cry in front of people for their pity. You don’t cry to manipulate situations. You cry because you accept the pain. You cry because you don’t reject or lock away your emotions. You cry because your mental, emotional and physical self are in sync and that’s healthy. That’s so lovely.
13. Bake cakes. They don’t have to look pretty as long as they taste delicious. Paint canvases. They don’t have to be a master piece as long as all the paint in your hands and face and jeans makes you feel complete. Write more. It doesn’t have to a novel or even be posted online as long as it lets you breathe a little lighter and smile wider.
14. Go for walks alone, sit on the beach without your headphones, look up at the sky without a lover, buy flowers for yourself. Nature is legit free (for the most part). And it’s the richest thing that the world has. Le it bring you peace, let it help you survive.
15. Make home feel home. Sometimes you won’t have your family to make it home. Sometimes you will have to make it home by putting a part of yourself and that means investing the time, energy and money in making it feel yours, in making it feel right. It may not be your ‘dream house’, it may just be a tiny room but it’s yours. Your surroundings play a major role in affecting your mood and vibe.
16. Energy is real. You may not know much about Science beyond 10th grade but you do know this, e=mc ² which means everything is energy, you are energy and there is positive and negative energy and you can feel it and you experience it in every person you meet, every place you visit, every room you step inside. You can and you must choose to surround yourself with positive energy. What you attract, you do get; what you attract you become.
17. Spend time with yourself. It’s some of the best time you will have. You need to unwind, you need it to re-energize, you need it to focus and you need it for peace. You can go to a cafe by yourself, write, read, meditate, talk to yourself out loud, dance in your underwear, cook and just be.
18. Take care of yourself- no one else can, no one else will. Drink loads of water, there’s a reason why more than half your body is made up of water. Sleep well because staying up all night isn’t something to be proud of, it’s stupid. Don’t skip breakfast because skipping breakfast makes you crave fatty foods for the rest of the day. Stay healthy not because you want to look a certain way but because you want to feel strong and energetic and have an active mind, body and heart. Staying healthy emotionally and mentally is just as important. So let those who want to go, go and never say yes to something your gut wants to scream ‘NO’ to.
19. Love yourself. If you don’t love yourself you will look for other people to love you. If you don’t accept yourself, you will keep seeking other people’s validation and the moment they withdraw it or walk away, you will crumble. And you don’t want to crumble. You want to enjoy the one person’s company you have to live with forever – yourself. Work on being a person you’d love to spend your life with because let’s face it, you don’t have a choice. It’s a long term investment and the only one that will never fail you.
20. In Shakespeare’s words, “To thine own self be true”. In order to love yourself, knowing yourself is very important. And knowing yourself doesn’t mean the adjectives that people use for you or what your zodiac sign says about you. It means what you know in your heart to be your truth.
One more for good luck?
21. You laughed and thought it was very witty when you came across the quote, ‘Don’t take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.’ but god. Can it be any truer? Most things you’re stressing over now won’t even matter 3 years from now. But good days will turn into heart-warming memories that will stay with you even 2 decades later. Happiness and success are two different things but remember, they aren’t mutually exclusive. At least they don’t have to be.
Reminder that there is nothing wrong with you being 18, 20, 30 and not having had sex or not having kissed someone etc. There is not a time limit on when you need to have your first kiss etc. It’s also a reminder that you don’t have to do anything because everyone else is, just because your friends are drinking doesn’t mean you have to if you don’t want to, just because your friends are having sex doesn’t mean you need to either. Only do things when you want to and when you’re ready to.
HUMO: You’re a
feminist, you have already said that several times. Many young women do not
like being associated with feminism, because in their eyes it is a movement that
forbids them to wear heels.
Evelyne Brochu: Feminists are the reason that I can vote, and my main
concern is not whether I should wear heels or not, but that I might soon lose
that acquired right as a woman. That Donald Trump is completely disturbed. The
first thing he did as president, was to abolish subsidies for abortion clinics.
And isn’t it scary what humiliating statements the most powerful man in the
world can make about women? Everybody says: “They are just words.”
But words set the motion more often than you think. A man thinks much faster now,
“If the most powerful man can say that, it is okay if I say it too.”
While women previously where not given the same room as men to be angry, or different,
or crazy, a man is admired for those things, “Look how strong he is and
what strong opinions he has.” A woman would be called hysterical.
constantly belittled. We are told how we should behave if we want to be loved. That’s
my biggest concern. I could care less about those heels.
This is a translation of Ebro’s interview with a Belgium magazine. For the full translated interview keep reading.
10% stalking people / being stalked, 20% confused by girls’ inexplicable actions, 20% angry, sad, and broody, and 50% just wearing a fucking band-aid on his forehead that i so desperately want to rip the fuck off.
Ok, you’ve heard of the ‘i was flirting with you in a foreign language but turns out it was your native one’ type of fic. Well, bear yourself for the:
‘I don’t know the language. Have a relative that does, and caught some things from them. A few times I asked them to help translate what I thought you were saying, and, dude, you talk about my ass a lot ’
So earlier today I got rather pissed off when some rude anon who has probably never made a GIF in their lives decided to attack my friend (and one of the best GIFmakers I know) for no reason telling them not to talk about GIFmaking like it’s a big deal since it’s just taking clips from existing video. I was hoping to forget about this, but I couldn’t stop thinking about how many non-GIFmakers really do think that’s all GIFmaking is (including myself
before I started making GIFs
to some extent). Luckily, most people aren’t that rude about it and know not to insult content creators over a topic they actually don’t know much about…but I still feel the need to discuss some of the often lengthy effort that goes into making medium to high quality GIFs.
As a disclaimer, I’m NOT trying to be elitist and I
don’t consider myself one of the top tier GIFmakers. I also don’t think that GIFmakers HAVE to put in a lot of effort to alter GIFs from the original video frames if they don’t want to. It’s just a hobby where we try to capture/highlight cool moments using a severely limited and dying file format lol…so it’s really up to the individual how much they wanna put into it. However, the truth of the matter is that many GIF and graphics makers that contribute greatly to numerous fandoms DO put in a significant amount of effort to make their GIFs look different from and better than the original video.
EXAMPLES OF MY GIFS BEFORE / AFTER FILTERS & COLORING
I’m the verge of being awake for nearly 20 hours and I had a thought since I’ve been reading those awesome aliens and human interaction stories. Apologies if I ramble.
Aliens in general, they evolved as their cultures grew with or without technology far more advanced than ours could ever be, they have amazing feats in engineering and maybe they had no wars or they are the most violent beings in the world, but I suggest to you
What if they could draw, but they would stick to this specific style, like for example, we humans would exclusively only draw in the ancient Egyptian style and literally NOTHING else? That’s just the way it was for them for their entire species existence? Diversity in art wasn’t a thing since what they were drawing wasn’t advancing since it didn’t need to for them and never had a thought to change it up.
So when Humans eventually get their little creative butts off our small planetoid of a space pebble and begin to mingle with all these fascinating aliens and celestial beings, some artsy people begin to board on all these fleets and space ships and tankers and take their sketch books and pencils and whatnot with them because hey, a long space boat ride some wheres gonna be boring sooner or later so might as well get that cool idea i have out on paper before i loose my urge to do it! Then a few passing by alien folks of different origins spot this little human doodling away and are intrigued at the fact that they can draw too, let’s see what they do for art. Maybe its similar to Xe’s or Xer’s planets artisans.
Then they get friendly with the arty human and after these alien folk show some of their home worlds artistic feats, they slowly get the shy human to show more of their work they have stashed away for references and such (because how many of you art folks show most if any of your book to people without getting friendly enough with them, I’ll rip someones arm off before they even touch my books gawd XD) And as they see all the art the human has, they’re stunned to the core with how they can do so many different types of art! Its like this human managed to replicate another planets cultural abilities without hesitation!
Naturally there curious and how this small being from such a lower technological class can do so much? Did the human get these difference pieces from their other human sub classes that specialize in this preferred style?
And the little human just blushes shyly and says, “No no no, I’ve just been experimenting with some realism lately, this is better now since i started to lay off with the anime works and looked more into stippling, impressionism, some animation on the side, and don’t get me started with exaggerated proportions! It’s so fun-”
“Wait, human Fran, you…. you did all these with your own hand? And how in the galaxies did you make the pictures move???”
“Well, yes, how else would you learn and build up your own way of drawing things? I draw usually what fits my mood and have fun experimenting”
Next thing you see in years to come is a artistic explosion from sooooooo many planets as all these single styled alien cultures go through renaissances and eureka moments with their art.
Then the alien anime becomes the biggest mistake in the galaxies
Not sure if you had this come your way or not @space-australians but how would this play out in your head if the scenario happened? :3
I happily blame you and your blog for even generating this idea in my head, love all the space stuff you reblog for everyone to read and imagine~!