Hello we’re very excited to announce the next H.I.A.T.U.S. Johnlock Challenge!
May’s theme is Bedsharing!
Have you ever wanted to try writing fanfiction? Well, now’s your chance!
H.I.A.T.U.S. is a monthly Johnlock writing challenge blog!
Submissions open on the 2nd of every month for that month’s H.I.A.T.U.S. theme! The challenge is to write a fic related to the theme between 100 and 25,000 words before submissions close at Midnight EST on the 21st of May.
Everyone is welcome to submit a fic, it could be your first time or you could be a seasoned fic author! Already written a fic that suits this month’s theme? Just send us a link to your Fic through our ask box, tagging @hiatustory or by sending us an email at email@example.com. If your fic hasn’t been posted on the blog before we’ll share it for everyone to read and enjoy!
Please make sure to check our submissions guidelines page for more information!
Here are some prompts to help you get started:
BILLY: What with the monster and that ruddy prison, I don’t know how we sleep nights. Do you, Gary?
(Gary stops and puts a hand on his shoulder and looks at him affectionately.)
GARY: Like a baby.
BILLY: That’s not true. (He looks at John.) He’s a snorer.
GARY (embarrassed, trying to shut him up): Hey, wheesht!
BILLY (to John): Is yours a snorer?
JOHN: … Got any crisps?
Taken from the transcripts of the amazing @callie-ariane
Sherlock and John could share a bed because:
- An experiment went wrong in the living room at 221B and they both have to sleep upstairs in John’s room. *wink wink*
- Sherlock suffers from nightmares after he returns from his time being ‘dead’ and can only sleep properly if John sleeps with him.
- Sherlock and John need to lay low after a case and end up staying with Sherlock’s parents/hotel/safe house which only has one bed… or one single bed (so they have to get squishy to both fit!)
- Sherlock and John are forced to share a singles room in first year due to a residence assignment error! Oh no!
- John and Sherlock share the only bed on a planet where no one sleeps!
- A spell goes wrong and now John can only be a few feet away from Sherlock, which forces them to sleep in the same bed.
Good luck, everyone!
Please let us know if you would like to be tagged in our future posts and challenge announcements, or if you would like to be removed!