I love how in this scene Damian casually throws six rings at the same time and they all land perfectly on the bottles to everyone’s shock. THE DUDE THROWS BATARANGS AND OTHER GADGETS ALL THE TIME!!! OF COURSE HE IS GONNA BE ACCURATE WITH SOME MUCH BIGGER STUFF AT A TARGET 5 FEET AWAY!!!
4chan has been causing some noise with big rumors of big changes coming to DC. I’ve decided to take a look at what they’re saying and share my opinion.
1) Dark Days is the mysterious “Metal” event Scott Snyder has been teasing he’ll do with Greg Capulo. It will bring characters from alternate Universes to Prime DC Earth, some of which will try to take it over. Some of them will stick around after the event and be featured in books from September, when every title will get a one-shot setting up new status quo after one year time skip. – Pretty standard, I could buy this one.
2) One of the characters that stick around will be Superboy Prime, whom Clark will try to redeem on the pages of Superman. – Risky move since it’s Prime but I could totally see Superman try to redeem him.
3) We will see the return of JSA with Power Girl, Jay Garrick, Red Tornado, Alan Scott and Johnny Thunder, in a new book by Dan Abnett – Will those be Earth-2 characters back to the Prime Earth or Pre-Flashpoint versions?
4) Another character from another Universe to stick around will be Mar’I Grayson, daughter of Dick and Kory. Nightwing will have to search for her in his own book. – I could see it. If this and 14 will be true, I want them to cross over.
5) Another will be Bart Allen, who will be featured as Impulse alongside Jesse Quick, Max Mercury and older Wally West in Speed Force by Brett Booth and writing and art – Hell yes Bart is back. And since people wanted a team of speedsters – yeah, I can see this too.
6) Red Robin will escape from Mr. Oz’ captivity and free several other inmates, leading them as the new Outsiders – They kept Tim quite a bit away, he really could return. Hope Conner and few other forgotten characters will be on this team.
7) Cyborg will be canceled but replaced with a team-up book (mini?) between him and Shazam, by John Semper. Hal Jordan and Green Lantern Corps will be relaunched as Green Lantern Corps with Hal still leading, but Kyle dying in Dark Days and John and Soranik going to Cullen Bunn’s to Yellow Lanterns. Don’t worry, Green Lanterns will still be going and keep its creative team, but will go monthly. – Don’t know about the others but I could see Green Lanterns turning monthly. I’ll be mad if they’ll kill Kyle.
8) Other canceled titles are Superwoman and Blue Beetle with Jaime joining Teen Titans. Red Hood and the Outlaws as well, with Artemis and Bizarro returning to Wonder Woman and Action Comics and Jason getting a solo series by Lobdell. – Totally could see Blue Beetle canceled and Jaime joining Teen Titans and we already have rumors about Superwoman ending. But I thought people liked new Outlaws.
9) Due to poor sales both Batgirl and Batgirl & the Birds of Prey will be canceled, Barbara will make heroic sacrifice putting her back into a wheelchair. The books will be relaunched as Birds of Prey, where Oracle, Huntress and Black Canary are joined by Lady Blackhawk and Batgirls by Genevieve Valentine, where Barbara trains Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown as her successors. – And this one I cannot buy. DC was so adamant to keep Barbara as Batgirl I find it now hard to believe they would give in and make her Oracle again. And Babs training Steph and Cass written by Genevieve Valentine sounds too good to be true.
10) Which of course means Cass is leaving Detective Comics. So is Clayface and the post-Dark Days roster will keep Batman, Batwoman, Batwing, and Azrael and add Duke Thomas, Harper Row and Anarky. – Happy to see Luke and Duke in one team since I wanted that and Harper and Kate could result in them showing up on another ball in tuxedos to pick up ladies, so I both could see this happen and would welcome them as additions to the team.
11) Other new books announced are Legion by James Tynion, Checkmate by Tom King and World’s Fines by Tim Seeley, where every issue features a team-up between different members of Batfamily and Superfamily. – Team up book? Please let it be real, I always liked those.
12) Batman leading the JLA will be revealed to be Martian Manhunter in disguise. – For what purpose?
13) More miniseries including 12-parts mini about Crime Syndicate of Earth 3, Justice Incarnate by Peter Thomasi and a completely new Batman Beyond starring Damian who grew up without knowing Bruce and a GCPD cop Sarah Grayson, Dick’s daughter, as his love interest. – Does that mean current Batman Beyond will be canceled?
14) Slade Wilson will go missing with Rose taking the codename Deathstroke as she tries to find him. – Okay, on the one hand, Deathstroke editor recently teased a bold new direction (still by Priest) but on the other, it was something I once cooked up and proposed on this blog, even got in an argument whenever it would be a good decision with @rosewilsontheravager . It could be something they put for people like me to go nuts….
OK so I’ve made some head canons about Raven buying Damian a puppy cause the scene was so cute.
Damian was sceptical at first and didn’t have time with the pup until Raven forced him into a room with the pup and used her powers so that he couldn’t escape, it took half an hour before Damian finally let the pup come near him and pet him.
Since then he is frequently seen with the pup and gets teased by the other Titans (especially Beastboy), over a few weeks the pup is always by his side.
The pup loves to give him attention and slobber his tongue over Damian’s face, at first he was disgusted but is soon won over by puppy eyes.
Speaking of puppy eyes Damian can’t stand them, he doesn’t hate them, he just knows that if the pup gives him puppy eyes he will give in.
Kori tells him that he needs to give the pup a name and suggests name from her home planet, but since no one can pounce them they decide to give him an Earth name. It takes hours until Damian comes up with ‘Titus’, they are impressed that he would know a Shakespeare play until they hear it’s the most violent.
Damian decides to train the pup to make the “best” dog ever, however during the sessions Nightwing see’s Damian playing with Titus and films it.
Beastboy take it upon himself to but the dog food, since he can shape-shift into a dog and pick the best type of food for Titus, Damian is impressed and surprised, he thanks Beastboy by buying him a chew toy (for his amusement but it backfires when Beastboy loves it)
Beastboy also helps wash the dog as Damian doesn’t like it when Titus shakes himself and gets water all over the floor and him, one day they put too much shampoo on him and they get covered in it which surprisingly ends up in a shampoo fight.
Raven buys Titus a collar, red with a gold name plate, Damian secretly loves it.
Titus is friendly with the Titans, besides Damian he gives Raven more love and affection.
Titus is usually seen with either Damian, Raven or both. Beastboy teases this and calls them Titus’s parents.
Nightwing really loves dogs so he tries to get along with Titus like it does with Damian and Raven but fails, he ends up getting treats to bribe the dog. When Damian finds out he is not happy.
Titus curls up to Damian when they sit together, late at night Nightwing found Damian, Raven and Titus together with Damian and Raven on the couch leaning their heads together while Titus laid across their laps. They were all asleep and Nightwing sends a picture to Batman and Alfred.
Alfred now has a new phone wallpaper.
Titus sleeps in Damian’s room, when Damian is out late Titus stays in Raven’s room.
Blue Beetle loves Titus and plays with him outside, the other Titans join in and it becomes a big game of fetch or hide and seek.
KRYPTO COMES. Damian is hesitant foe them to meet incase Krypto freezes Titus, but is relives when the two dogs get along.
Time for Titus to meet Batman, Batman stares at the dog happily wagging his tail and the tall man. Suddenly Batman crouches down and gently pets him, Titus then jumps on Batman and licks his face. All of them are surprised when Batman smiled at the dog (Nightwing secretly takes a picture and sends it to Alfred and Batgirl).
JASON ARRIVES and he becomes best friends with the dog, making Nightwing jealous and Damian angry.
Tim and Batgirl come together to visit and get along with Titus, Damian wants to get Titus angry every time Tim comes and is stopped by Raven.
If anyone hurts Titus Damian will go for the kill (obviously someone will stop him from actually killing) and Raven will heal Titus.
For Damian’s next birthday Nightwing and Jason are going to but him and Titus matching t-shirts. Beastboy has the same idea but for Damian and Raven.
Even as Titus continues to grow, Damian will always let him sleep on the his bed.
Alright well first off, I just finished watching Judas Contract. I wanted to wait to get it on DVD instead of watching it online but then I procrastinated when I bought it on Tuesday and only just got around to it. I also bought the deluxe edition that came with a cute little Blue Beetle figurine
With that out of the way, wow. Just wow. I never read the original comic for Judas Contract but I know the base storyline - Terra joins the TT, works for Slade as a double agent??, betrays team but then feels salty about it and tries to fix the situation? - something like that. I assumed that Cyborg was going to be in this movie before they released the trailer since at the end of TT v JL he said that he was gonna stay with the team instead of the JL but I don’t know.
First off, I must say that I loved seeing Kid Flash (I’m always a sucker for Wally and Bart) and it was really fun getting to hear Jason Spisak and Crispin Freeman reprise their roles as KF and Speedy; whom they played in the Young Justice cartoon.
So from seeing (almost) the original Titans in action through a flashback to Raven showing a pouting Damian a black lab puppy, I was thoroughly amused throughout the movie.
What surprised me though, was seeing someone that at first I thought looked like Jericho. For those of you not familiar with the name, he is Slade’s son and for those of you thinking ‘Deathstroke has a kid??’. Yes, he does. 3 actually; Grant, Joseph (Jericho), and Rose. Back to what I was saying, I was like ‘Oh my god that’s Jericho? That’s so cool that they would put him in here.’ - but then he got shot in the forehead and seemingly died……and I thought that maybe it was just an extra with an uncanny resemblance to the character? I was a little sad because I got really excited that they were going to somehow add Jericho to the Titans roster.
Moving on, there were two moments in the movie that had me laughing my ass off. The first was when Dick and Kori were sparring and Starfire knocked Nightwing down and she proceeded to tell him that he “lasted far longer this time” then Beast Boy and Terra giggled and Kori had to explain that she meant about their training session and was going to make clear that he was quite proficient during sex when Dick cut her off.
The second one kind of ties in later but it was when Damian had been captured by Slade and Terra and the mercenary got up close and personal in Damian’s face when he started to mouth off and told him that “inside a month he’d have him bringing him a pipe and calling him papa.” This popped up later when, during the final battle, Damian charged at Slade with a pipe and said “Hey papa, here’s your pipe.” Like I honestly can’t help but love Damian’s snarky attitude even when he’s being a complete dick or asshole.
As I said earlier, I never read the original Judas Contract comic so I have no idea if Terra died in that as well as in this movie (though they didn’t state that she really did?? She just kinda passed out maybe but then again she did get caved in under tons of boulders so) but they could also be doing a thing kinda like in the Teen Titans cartoon where Terra didn’t die in the cave in and lived but oh well.
I was extremely happy that they introduced Donna to the team at the end! It looked like she was having trouble flying so maybe she’s not used to her powers or maybe it was just a stumble on her part. Nonetheless, it was a great way to end the movie-NOT. The best ending for the movie was actually after the credits, if you watched that far (I learned from Marvel movies to always watch after the credits for extra bits).
It shows the seemingly dead Jericho look alike open his eyes and loe and behold they glow. What’s so special about this, you ask? Well if you don’t know, Jericho’s ability is that he can possess a person after making eye contact with them. His eyes glow and his astral form? leaves his body and possess another. This allows him to access the host’s powers, be it physical, mental, or magical, as well as their memories. The host is conscious throughout this time but unable to do anything as they are not in control of their actions.