You are very sweet as well! Hope you like this! ^^
MC comforts RFA + Saeran
- He’s always so honest and direct about everything.
- So it’s easy to tell when he’s sad since he tends to shut down
- When he’s like this, your first thought is recurring to the obvious methods: beer, cigarettes or teasing the beast.
- If it doesn’t work, wow… he’s really down, huh? You’re getting hurt by seeing him so gloomy.
- And though he’s upset and frustrated, he would still never ignore you. So when you ask him to go help you with something in the rooftop, he promptly goes.
- Then you look above and say: “The stars are beautiful tonight… remember the first time you brought me here? I was so happy you were opening up and telling everything on your mind… I love when you open up to me.” Take the hint, Hyun…
- He just sighs, and your heart aches. “So much has happened a few days after that night, huh? So many bad things you overcame, Hyun…” you place your hand on top of his.
- You’re right, a lot has happened. And he overcame all of that, but he didn’t do it alone, you helped him.
- And you will help him again, right?
- He tries to hide it from you as much as he can, because he doesn’t want to worry you
- But he not saying anything and spacing out when he thinks you’re not looking only makes you get more worried.
- You could offer to play some LOLOL with him, but… he doesn’t play LOLOL much these days.
- Seriously, you can think of a million things you could do like going out to the movies, ask him to help you cook some new dish or buying him small things that make you remember him like a comic book or a new hairpin.
- And if nothing works, time to go for the simplest and most effective measure:
- Yep, just hug him and place your legs between his on the couch and his eyes immediately change, gleaming lightly
- You rest your head on his lap, and boy is even smiling softly running his fingers through your hair and venting.
- “I’m sure you will overcome it. You’re so mature and smart, I… almost feel like you’re comforting me with my head on your lap like this.” Ahhh, he’s feeling so cool after that he really feels like he can do anything!
- The stress can have a much stronger effect now that she’s not that used to it anymore
- And it’s stress mixed to frustration, since she thinks she’s not allowed to feel like this anymore now that she doesn’t have a strenuous job. So… why does she still feel bad?
- You can read her pretty easily since it’s all over her tired features, but just coming to her and saying “Hey, sometimes things will still suck, you know?” doesn’t seem it will be much of a help… much on the contraire.
- So saying something won’t do, but what about doing something?
- You make her tea (get her away from coffee, just today!) give her a massage, or bake some sweet treat like a cupcake or a muffin.
- It usually works, since she’s relaxed. But what about the frustration?
- She watches as you moves the couch away, her eyes widen when she sees you just put a Zen DVD with a sing-along version.
- “Come on, let’s be cheesy and just let everything go!” you beam, offering your hand to her. And after some very embarrassing duets, you two plop on the couch, where she finally vents to you.
- Because that was the point, right? Jus helping her let it go?
- Long and deep sighs. That’s all you need to hear to know something is off.
- The way he hugs you and leans his head on your shoulder, staying there for a while, usually is also a sign
- Your first moves include dismissing the chef and cooking a meal yourself, playing with Elizabeth while he watches it or making him rest his head on your lap while you stroke his hair and, as he requests, tell him about your day.
- He really loves to hear about your day, but man… can’t he tell about his so you’ll know what’s wrong?
- You proceed to tell about something that bothered you. “…and that makes me feel frustrated. How would you feel if it was with you?”
- “Well, I suppose I would feel bothered as well…” “Really? Why is that?” “Because it’s frustrating when people don’t take you seriously, for example, my father today…”
- And he starts venting, but always talking like it isn’t about him. Well… not ideal, but he still has a long way in showing his emotions.
- So when he finishes it, you just smile and kiss his forehead. “I’m very proud of you.” And though he has no idea why, he’s feeling… so much lighter.
- It’s so easy to tell when he’s sad.
- He will shut down and stay away from you, telling you he needs it before he’ll take it on you or something.
- And yeah, you wouldn’t like that, but you know he won’t really snap at you. He doesn’t do things like this anymore.
- He’s just aloof because he doesn’t want to look sad in front of you.
- Watch out for the emotional eater! Yep, he eats when he’s upset, so offering him food and waiting for him to talk usually works
- It can be something you made or just the good ol’ HBC
- But you prefer trying to cook something, because the smell will make him get out of his isolation and go to the kitchen.
- And seeing the dirty dishes in the sink, he’ll offer to help you wash it, and that will be when he’ll talk to you.
- Now that he’s feeling much better, he even suggests you to clean the kitchen, he still has a few more things to say… (Vanderwood is somewhere crying with pride)
- Comforting him can be super easy or super hard
- Depends on which mood he’s in.
- If he’s feeling clingy, he’ll ask you to take some ice cream with him, then he’ll talk about what’s making him feel sad.
- If he’s grumpy, it can be a little harder, he’ll be rude and tell you to leave him alone.
- So you do, personal space is what he needs the most.
- You leave him alone and try not to worry too much, he will calm down and come to you at some point.
- You try to distract yourself as you wait, usually going to your laptop to watch funny videos or read bizarre articles.
- “Hey, scroll slower! I didn’t get to read fact number 17!” he’s behind you, then you pull manage to sit on the couch with the laptop in your lap for you to read it together.
- And after a few soft laughs, he gets serious and looks at you: “You said I could talk when I felt like, can I?” Oh… listening to him will be way more satisfying than any list Buzzfeed could ever make.