You guys have a predilection for getting to the bottom of things: “The earth is on fire, Put a beautiful thing in a container and it ruins it.” If you had to write some new laws of physics based on the everyday science of contemporary experience, what would you propose?
This is such a great question. These are the YACHT laws of (meta)physics:
- The Universe is completely indifferent to all human pursuits.
- The Universe is infinitely expanding. Ergo: any human can lay claim to being the center of the Universe.
- You are the center of the Universe, but so is everyone else.
- That means nobody can reasonably tell you what you can (or can’t) do.
- It also means you can’t dictate anyone else’s reality.
What are your favorite sounds that are not musical in nature?
The crazy-making hum of overhead power transformers, the boing of a doorstop, the inquisitive chirp of a domestic cat.