is there more to the ADHD Lance hc or just that? is it by any chance based on how he acts canonly or.. ?
Evidence for ADHD Lance:
- I can Sense™ the ADHD because I have it myself. I look at him and I think “Boy… That boy has ADHD”
- He’s waaaaaaay impulsive; my boy was doing loop-de-loops in the simulator, didn’t even hesitate to try and sneak out of a military base just to have some fun, literally approached a crashed spaceship and busted in just ‘cause he saw Keith was doing it, found a giant blue lion and went ‘fuckin SWEET.’ This literally all happened in the first like, ten minutes of the show.
- Other examples of impulsiveness right off the top of my head: He heard Coran crying out for help and ran into a goddamn airlock without even thinking, the whole thing with Nyma lmao, Lance’s pretty reckless style of flying.
- As a whole Lance is mostly ‘act first, party later’ which could be an example of the ‘Irresponsible Teenage Boy’ trope but c’mon… C’mon.
- In that one scene where everyone is crowded around Sendak waiting for the memories to download or whatever, Lance is the one constantly moving. At one point he even gets on the floor and starts cycling his legs in the air.
- And this isn’t just an example of ‘Oh, Lance gets bored, so what’- Lance was literally the last person to leave Shiro, he could have ditched like everyone else but because he wanted to stay he forced his body into moving so he would stay focused. I do this all the time lmao.
- Lance talks a lot with his hands and also uses lots of gestures, I do this too a lot because I instinctively keep my hands busy at all times lmao. I’m pretty sure if you put anything within Lance’s grasp in a few minutes he’ll start fiddling with it.
- Lance never fucking shuts up, something which my ADHD ass finds #RELATABLE. He’s constantly interjecting, even when it’s just a really lame one-liner, which to me is evidence that he just says whatever’s off the top of his head.
- I find driving a car to be one of the hardest things in the world (there’s so much shit going on, constantly) so can you imagine flying a giant blue lion in SPACE? No wonder Lance always seems to crash into things, there’s like a hundred distractions at any given moment. Plus, he’s also always running his mouth.
- There are moments in the show where I’m like “Oh my god, Lance is totally hyperfocusing right now.” It’s usually while the team is forming Voltron. I also imagine that’s why Lance is so good with his gun- while you stare down the scope there’s only one target, and if you hyperfocus on that… Goddamn.
- The fact that Lance sleeps with an eye mask AND with music. Sleeping with ADHD is so goddamn hard, I hate it. I get the best sleep of my life when I use an eyemask and listen to music, I need to start doing this again.
- Lance has a lot of mood swings, he goes from overexcited to pissed off to flirty in like two seconds. He also can be overly aggressive and shows a lack of restraint sometimes. Evidence: His rivalry with Keith and the fact that they literally flew their Lions straight down into the ground like. I want to make fun of Lance for that, but I would literally end up doing the same thing lmao.
- Lance also seems to get along really well with his Lion. The way Lions communicate with their Paladins seems to be through wordless suggestions/impulses. ADHD Lance would be used to going along with whatever the strongest idea in his head is, so while everyone is struggling with having another presence in their mind Lance is like ’LOL this feels normal’ and forms a super tight bond with Blue.
- Lance has ADHD, bye.