So why does Team Iron Man get blamed for the violence during the superpowered free-for-all when
- Stark gave Cap the chance at a peaceful resolution initially.
- Stark took in
Underoos SpiderlingSpiderman specifically as agent apprehend which is exactly what happens through most of his skirmishes—he’s there to web shit up, not get into a fistfight. He’s there specifically to limit the amount of damage that would take place. Stark clearly took him aside and discussed tactics with him on how to do this with as little violence as possivle.
- STARK’S ENTIRE REASON FOR BRINGING HIS TEAM OUT THERE IS TO APPREHEND NOT MAIM/ATTACK.
- STARK NEEDS TO APPREHEND BECAUSE HE’S BEEN GIVEN THE ULTIMATUM TO EITHER GET HIS FRIENDS IN CHECK OR ROSS WILL. He literally has to beg Ross to allow him to try do this as peacefully as possible before the government got seriously involved with no scruples.
- Guess who accidentally ends up flinging a burning tanker in the opposing team’s direction, turning the situation from OK to deadly? NOT TEAM STARK is who.
- Guess who also tells their team mate not to pull any punches while battling a friend and proceeds to blast said friend hard to make up for the slack.
- Also go ahead and take a third guess on who flings a fifteen year old they clearly identified as a kid into a column and then drops a bypass on him. NOT the same person who gave him a vastly superior battle suit designed to protect him and told him to stop fighting when things finally got too messy for webs to handle.
Are we even watching the same film or…?
PS: Do we also really think Peter who idolizes both Stark and Cap would, in having watched the news and wanting to help in some way actually chosen to go with Cap being a fifteen-year old who can’t go to Germany because he ‘has homework’. If he had to be on a side, the side that the government wasn’t hunting down who also agreed to give him an upgraded suit so he could crimefight better and told him every safety measure to make it so he could go home to Aunt May would have been the most logical side to be on.
Look, I like Cap and understand his love for Bucky and that he’s not ready to trust being under another jurisdiction of people just yet but let’s be real; his team and he made some bad decisions throughout this entire thing too.
Get to grips with it.