Some of my favorite quotes by James “I’m not good with words” Carstairs (in no particular order):
1. “There is more to living than not dying.”
2. “There are so many worse things than death. Not to be loved or not to be able to love: that is worse.”
3. “We are all the pieces of what we remember. We hold in ourselves the hopes and fears of those who love us. As long as there is love and memory, there is no true loss.”
4. “Whatever you are physically…male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy–all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.”
5.“You speak of sacrifice, but it is not my sacrifice I offer. It is yours I ask of you. “I can offer you my life, but it is a short life; I can offer you my heart, though I have no idea how many more beats it shall sustain. But I love you enough to hope that you will not care that I am being selfish in trying to make the rest of my life - whatever length - happy, by spending it with you. I want to be married to you, Tessa. I want it more than I have ever wanted anything else in my life.”
6. “I know you feel inhuman, and as if you are set apart, away from life and love, but… I promise you, the right man won’t care.”
7. “Our hearts, they need a mirror, Tessa. We see our better selves in the eyes of those who love us.”
8. “For that was love, wasn’t it–to burn bright in someone else’s eyes?”
9. “Change is no loss, Will. Not always.”
10. “I do not believe you can threaten people into goodness.”
11. “I’ve never minded it. Being lost, that is. I had always thought one could not be truly lost if one knew one’s own heart. But I fear I may be lost without knowing yours.”
12. “Listen to me. I am leaving, but I am living. I will not be gone from you entirely, Will. When you fight now, I will be still by you. When you walk in the world, I will be the light at your side, the ground steady under your feet, the force that drives the sword in your hand. We are bound, beyond the oath. The Marks did not change that. The oath did not change that. It merely gave words to something that existed already.”
13. “You are home for me now.“
14. “There are things no magic can destroy, for they are magic in themselves.”
15. “But if you’re foolish enough to want me then I will not question my good fortune.”
16. “Perhaps it is not such a bad thing to be set apart.”
17. “Love does not stop when someone dies.”
18. “Sometimes it’s braver not to fight. Protect them, and save your vengeance for another day.”
19. “I think if two souls are meant to be together, they will remain together on the Wheel and be together again in the life after this one, whatever happens to us now.”
20. “You don’t even like poetry,” Tessa said, her voice catching on a half laugh of relief.
—"No. But you make me want to write it. Does that not count for anything?”
Give me a story where one of Bruce’s children has a kid (it doesn’t matter who, but Jason would be so sweet as a father) and Bruce is blown away by the fact that he is a grandfather. Where he’s standing there holding this tiny baby in his arms and he’s completely lost for words. He’s never been good with words, but now he can’t even begin to form them.
Because this is something he never expected. Not in a million years did he imagine himself as a grandfather. He had seen his life going down a very specific path when he was young. A very specific, very lonely path. Long term attachments had been outlawed to him by his choice of lifestyle, and children were even more out of the question.
He’d always known what the cape and cowl meant: an end to the Wayne family line. He had no siblings, and no close relatives. No one to continue the historical name, and he’d been ok with it. Or at least he thought he had. So when Dick, then Jason, Cass, Tim, and Damian had come they’d each been a surprise. A happy surprise, a surprise that was to Bruce always fleeting. Especially when he lost them, especially when he got them back.
So no, he hadn’t expected a grandchild. Not when everyone of his own kids had followed his footsteps. They’d all done it in their own unique way, but Bruce still saw what they did as a road with one outcome. That outcome was never settling down, never finding ‘the one’, and never starting their own family.
Yet. Here he stood, holding, not just the next generation, but the third generation of the Wayne name after his parents. Bright and bubbly, in his arms there was life, and with life hope for the future. Not just the future of his family, but the future in general. Because if a man like him could be so lucky to have made it to becoming a grandfather, then the world was better than he’d thought it was.
timmy’s secret wish is the worst episode of fairly oddparents i have ever seen :’D - forget about chloe or sparky or season 10 - this is the one where it turns out that timmy is actually 60 years old and cheated his way into never having to let go of his fairies - which results in cosmo and wanda losing Poof.
Naturally, all of this ends with Timmy getting his fairies, Poof and his youth back, without any permanent consequences or punishment whatsoever.
“The case, it is solved, and your message, Hastings, it was most useful.” “Oh, good.” “There is just one thing.” “What’s that?” “With all this affair, I’ve not been able to eat.” “Oh, I say, that’s a bit rough. Not gonna be easy finding somewhere this time of night.” "That is true.” “I do know one place, though.”
Okay so, almost three months ago my bestfriend and I went to Oslo and met Henrik. We actually spent some time with him but I’m not gonna post or write anything about that because it’s just something that means too much to me/us and I wanna keep it to myself :) Anyway. We asked him to write down on a piece of paper ‘alt er love’ because we wanted to get it tattoed in his handwriting. “Are you sure? You haven’t seen my calligraphy, it’s shitty” he told us with a smile but then he happily agreed to do it. He was in total concentration the whole time! When we told him that there was someone waiting for him he whispered “They’re just gonna have to walk by right now” :)
“I have to make it pretty!”
And he did.
We got the tattoo last week and posted the photo on IG. Last night this happened:
and I still can’t believe it. I’ve tried to put into words what I’m feeling but sometimes it’s just not possible, you know? All of this may seem silly to some people, but it actually means the world to me. :)
Sometimes, after a particularly dangerous mission, Keith is unable to calm down. The excess adrenaline continues to course throughout his body, and he just… can’t stop moving. It’s not in huge, obvious ways, but more in the sense that his fingers keep twitching unless he taps them against his thighs; in the sense that he can’t stand still and has to continuously shift his position.
On these days, Keith burns off the adrenaline by heading straight for the Training Room and fighting with the bots. Lance catches him once; he scoffs and says that Keith needs to take a break (and mutters something about how “this is why I can never beat him”). Keith agrees with this sentiment; fighting after such a harsh mission is hardly the way to recuperate, and he knows resting is important. But he also knows that he won’t be able to sleep, that he’ll be restless, turning and twisting in bed. There’s no point in staying up and doing nothing, so he may as well get some training in.
On another day, Shiro catches him. Keith doesn’t notice until his simulation is done because unlike Lance, Shiro watches him until the end.
“It’s late,” Shiro says.
Keith nods. “Yeah.”
Shiro approaches him and takes his hand (as Keith drops his weapon), running his thumb across Keith’s knuckles. Until then, Keith hadn’t realized that his hand had still been twitching. But in Shiro’s grasp, it stills for a moment, and Keith no longer feels the irresistible need to move around.