Hamilton Gym AU
A mess of beautiful tiny headcanons that Sid and I bounced around with each other that somehow spiraled into a gym centered universe. Thanks to this post for bringing @thomasjeffer-sin and I together.
- Jefferson wears basketball shorts and tank tops with his arm holes cut all the way down the side.
- Totally buys them that way, even though they’re somehow more expensive than tank tops with more fabric on them because #fashion
- Plus it shows off his arms while also giving everyone in the gym a peak at his abs
- Not like he doesn’t take strategic breaks to wipe his sweaty face with said shirt to reveal his abs but he’s not gonna admit to it.
- He will admit to being addicted to Instagram and snapchat—but only because there’s photographic evidence of copious gym selfies
- One photo pre-work out and then another photo post-work out because he enjoys seeing his tanks stained with sweat to prove just how hard he pushed himself
- also another photo to show a smoothie w/ pre-work out in the mix
- Sometimes he has those track shorts and everyone is just like *eyes emoji* dem thighs tho
- He just wants everyone to know that he’s got a hot body under all of his fancy colored suits
- He’s half there for attention and half there because he’s super strict with himself about his body and staying in shape because maybe he’s insecure about himself otherwise
- Madison acts like his hype man but DANG. He’s always around Madison and ALWAYS comparing himself to Madison. Like Madison is just like naturally built??? To hold so much muscle??? They went to the gym together once and Jefferson was just floundering trying to keep up.
- Madison probably has his bad days with his health stuff but when he does go to the gym Jefferson is blown away like can you not?? How can you have this much stamina but also need to have low activity days. But even on days he doesn’t work out Madison sometimes tags along to spot him.
- Lafayette and Jefferson would start going to the gym together out of convenience. Like one day they show up at the same time and they normally don’t talk outside of the gym but they’re both there so they might as well. And then they’re going to the gym together purposefully, spotting each other, giving each other work out tips. And then they’re joking around outside of the gym. And in whatever gym-centric universe this is that’s how they became buds.
- Can we talk about Lafayette being a good spotter… Of beautiful guys around like gym like wowie Jefferson did you see that guy’s ASS?
- And Jefferson is like “Oh my God, no” and then quietly follows said person with his eyes in the gym mirrors because #denial
- The muscular men they watch together. The muscular men they become together.
- Also you know Laf gives Jefferson shit about the open-side tanks he wears. Teases him relentlessly about them.
- They come to an Understanding at the gym and they can be gym rat buddies.
- Hamilton can’t handle them. Like once they get really buddy-buddy, like so friendly it overlaps into office life, he’s just like ??? When? How?
- Thomas also probably has a literal forehead sweat band with some dumb text on it but then the next day he offers Lafayette one and he accepts it even though he’s made fun of him for it, too
- And Lafayette probably encourages him with cheat days. Fucking mac and cheese.
- MAC AND CHEAT DAYS
- (HERE’S WHERE I DIED Sid killed me with that one RIP)
- He makes ^ that a slogan on a custom take top (ft. deep arm holes) for Jefferson. It’s bright neon yellow.
- Lafayette gets his own tank top and it probably says Guns & Ships on it to point out all those arm days (
and cheesy Hamilton reference…)
- Hercules probably has a HUNK-ules shirt
- He’s also a beast at the gym no one tries to compete with his deadweights
- And also I feel like he’s the Originator of the headbands.
- John is probably just a cardio and light weights guy? Maybe a swimmer?
- Swimmer John 100% I can get behind swimmer John very much. Much shoulders.
- Another thing that works: Boxer!John
- Boxer and Swimmer John Laurens
- So Alex starts feeling Left Out by his friends like why the fuck do you all go to the gym??
Alex doesn’t get why everyone is just gyming it up for some reason. He can’t wrap his head around it. He’s much more content to not get involved in that until he’s texting people for plans to hang out and everyone is at the gym and he’s alone in his room like #why
John tries to invite him down to the pool to swim with him “Come on! It’s relaxing! You need to learn to unwind!”
- But Ham probably doesn’t enjoy swimming if its in bodies of water taller than him. He needs to be able to touch the bottom and doesn’t find doing laps in a giant pool and nearly drowning relaxing. Sweating is not relaxing. Sitting and reading is relaxing. How is picking up heavy things relaxing? How does John even hold his breath for that long? (Heh. Well u see…)
- John is like “there are lots of positives to going to the gym…” and Alex is like “I get the whole health thing, but I’m still not convinced” and John starts telling him about how attractive everyone is at the gym and Alex just says “Can I borrow a sweatband?”
- Meanwhile Burr’d be so chill about the gym as opposed to the other guys
- He slowly works his way up to hard stuff. Lifts way less than he can actually lift just to make sure he doesn’t push too hard too fast. Eventually works his way up to what the other boys are lifting but has far fewer complaints about soreness. Makes sure to do a bunch of stretching before he does anything. And his cool-down routine is like half of his gym visit. Really into yoga and shit.
- YOGA BURR!!!! (
Alex will call him Yogi Burr the little shit)
- He wears leggings and soft cotton shirts and he’s beautiful. So centered. So handsome.
Burr’s tank top would say…. Reppin’ Sexy
- Uses that upper body strength to do poses like this
- Also: Burr being a beginner’s yoga instructor to make extra money
- All the Schuyler sisters probably do yoga along with Burr—at least Eliza
- Eliza and Burr yoga friendship!!!
- They have their little yoga mats and they sit by each other in class and they work on their flexibility together.
- Peggy could be a swimmer too I don’t see her as much of a yoga person for long because she needs to be moving.
And then one day the boys finally drag Alexander to the gym and insist he tries yoga
- Hamilton probably can’t even touch his toes and either way spends the entire time watching Burr
- Because BURR’S ASS IN YOGA PANTS DOING THAT POSE
- his arms his legs his ass his abs when his shirt rides up…
- Burr’s face is so calm yet serious, he’s focusing so hard and is in the ZONE it’s like he doesn’t even realize he’s making it impossible for others to focus
- T A L K LESS M E D I T A T E MORE !!! (aka Burr’s new tank top)
- Burr probably kicks Ham out because Ham can’t sit still or stay quiet and he will not have his Space ruined
- also side note: all of the Schuyler sisters’ yoga gear is the color of their respective dresses.
- They all have WERK shirts
- After the yoga fiasco, Ham goes into the main gym and he is Intimidated but catches sight of someone lifting their shirt to wipe their face (u know that move) and holy hell those glistening abs and then the guy drops the shirt and it’s Jefferson and Hamilton almost runs out–he CANNOT
- Imagine: Hamilton agreeing to swim with John to hide an unfortunate boner. (
For Burr. For Jefferson. For Both.)
- John totally catches on, too. “Alex, why don’t you try a back stroke? Your face would be out of the water the whole time so it’d be nearly impossible to drown.” “Enough, John.”
- Lafayette probably has one of those at home pull up bars that go on the door
- Laf leaves it up when he knows Hamilton is coming over just to get at him and Hamilton’s like MAN take a BREAK.
- He probably lifts Hamilton up just so he can reach it but there’s no way he can actually pull himself up
- Alex would just hang on it for as long as he could like “I can handle this. I’m getting ready. I’m about to do it.” And Laf is like “I’m not judging you. You can hop down if you want.” And Ham’s arms and hands are burning and he’s like “No I’m gonna do it.” Then John comes up from behind him and pokes his sides and Hamilton is forced to drop because John is a dirty side poker.