You know what profession-based AU we really need to see more of? CONTRACTOR AUs. Yes, I mean the contractors who work on your house.
You’re probably side-eyeing this post right now, but if you are – it’s only because you haven’t thought of all the glorious possibilities.
- “My landlord didn’t warn me that there was work being done in the kitchen, and now the most beautiful human being I’ve ever seen is in my house tearing out a kitchen wall, and I’m in ratty sweats, and it looks like a bird nested in my hair.”
- “I have to stay in my apartment while the landlord is having the bathroom redone because I have no money for a hotel, but it’s okay because the person working on it is so beautiful. Wait, I have nowhere to shower.”
- “I’m working on the most adorable house for the cutest person, but this is obviously a place for a couple, so I must just have not met the significant other yet.”
But most importantly, the possibilities for all the puns and double entendres:
- “I don’t need a stud finder. I’ve already found you.”
- “The pipe burst in my wall and I need this whole room redone now, I hope the contractor doesn’t screw me. Wait, that’s the contractor? Please screw me.”
- “There’s something else in this apartment you can nail.”
mlaynelawson: Throwback to one of my (many) favorite photos from the TRP shoot in #Toronto a couple of weeks ago. I don’t think this was planned – the silent shutter was enabled on my camera and we were just talking. #inbetweentakes