A/N: So, this bts photo that has us all mesmerized inspired this little bit that I absolutely had to write.
Warning: It does not contain smut, but it does contain a love scene. ;) Also, based on spoilers, therefore may be spoilery.
“Marry me, love.”
Emma’s eyes widen in shock before she grins up at him. “Killian, you can’t be serious. We’re in an alternate universe.” She gestures about the forest surrounding them.
“I don’t care. I thought I lost you, Emma.” The words choke him and he looks down at where his fingers toy with hers, the pain still fresh. Clearing his throat, he continues. “I already told you, YOU are my happy ending. There is nothing else I need in this world as long as I have you.”
Emma stares at him momentarily before she closes the distance between them and kisses him, pouring a multitude of feeling into the press of her lips. He presses back, kissing her passionately and holding her close, never wanting to let her go.
When they finally pull back, she strokes his cheek softly and they sway together, a gentle breeze caressing them, whipping strands of her hair about her lovely face. “I love you,” she whispers, and his heart clenches in his chest.
“I love you, too,” he says, kissing her again, feeling complete for the first time in his long, broken life. They stay that way for awhile with their arms wrapped around one another, not deepening the kiss, not moving, just two people bound together by their love. A war could be breaking out around them and he would not care because Emma Swan loves him, and he loves her.
When they finally break apart, he rests his forehead against hers, brushing her hair behind her ear. “Let’s make it official then, shall we?”
She smiles up at him. “Well, I am wearing a white dress.”
“Aye.” He breaks away, looking about the garden. “You just need one thing.” Finding a rose bush, he selects the most perfect, innocent rose he can find, tinted a deep blush. Bringing it to his nose, he sniffs deeply to make sure it smells as sweet as it looks.
“Here, a flower for milady,” he says, bowing slightly as he hands it to her.
Emma giggles softly. “Why, thank you, kind sir.”
Dropping to one knee, he keeps his eyes trained on hers as he grasps her hand tightly in his, his heart pounding. Her face looks shocked and scared and hopeful all at once.
“Emma Swan, my heart belongs to you and no other. I am already the luckiest man in the world because you love me. Will you spend the rest of your life making me the happiest man in existence by bestowing me with your hand in marriage?”
1. How he puts his arm around her. “Just an old friend,” she says, and all it takes is a glance for him to know she’s hurting, to know she needs him, to know she needs him closer.
2.How her hand goes right to his chest. She’s just healed his neck wound, and can see that he’s fine, but she just needs to feel him to be sure, just needs to rest her hand on his chest for her own comfort, just needs to touch, always.
3. How her face just bleeds with relief. He walks through the door of the cabin and her terror instantly dissipates, she was literally falling apart, and the mere sight of him instantly glues her back together.
4. How he wipes at her tears. She didn’t ask him to, there weren’t any words said at all, he just knows she needs it, just knows she needs to be reminded how strong she is.
5.How she nuzzles against him. He’s unconscious, but it doesn’t matter, she can’t separate herself from him, needs her skin on his skin, needs to have one last quiet moment before the storm.
6. How he swings their arms. Even though everything is messy, he knows she needs this playful gesture, to remind her that everything will be okay, to remind her that he is here, her hand in his, they will fix this, it will be okay.
7. How she strokes his face. He’s just a pirate, but she needs him to breathe, needs him to come back to her, needs him to keep convincing her that she can’t go back to New York, needs him to open his eyes.
8. How he rubs her shoulder. He needs to show her they’re alone, it’s just he and her, she doesn’t need to be afraid, he won’t let go, she will get through this, he will always be there to help her.
9. How she cups his hair. She knows that his worry runs deeper than her blistering cold, knows he needs this, she can feel his erratic, stressed heartbeat against her chest, just wants to let him know that she’s safe, that he has her.
10. How he kisses her forehead. It’s so simple…it’s a “have a good day”, an “I love you,” an “I’ll see you later,” a, “we won’t ever be apart for too long.”