Toriel, is it better for a ruler to be feared or loved?
Toriel: “Being completely loved can make you a king that’s too confident, irresponsible and lazy just because you think that, no matter what you do, you will still be loved and accepted, even if you don’t do what’s best for your country. But being completely feared is also bad; fear leads to mistrust, hate and disobedience, and that cannot end well. What I personally think it’s better is… respect. You earn respect, and your people can love you and fear you at the same time. If your people respect you, that means you are doing a good job, despite other feelings they might have for you.”
“ Please.. wake us up inside…We can’t wake up… Save us… from our sheer boredom and everything. Lux is scary… and rocking back and forth… AND OH MY GOD @ask-zyra-thecuriousflower STOP TRYING TO KILL BRAND! SAVE IT FOR THE MAGE UPDATE! SAVE IT FOR THE UPDATE!”
“I’m a fashion associate. I come from a family of doctors and lawyers, so I do feel frivolous at times. Fashion is a luxury. I know that everyone gets dressed in the morning, so clothing is a necessity, but a dress like this is not even for the one percent—it’s for the .001 percent. But there’s something magical about that. When I was a little girl, I put pictures of these dresses on my bedroom wall. It’s what I aspired to. And this dress was somebody’s dream and vision. Fifty artisans spent thousands of hours making this. That doesn’t seem frivolous to me. That seems like servitude and artistry. It’s people doing what they love.”
Photographed by Brandon Stanton at the 2016 Met Gala
Hi, you were a guest lecturer in my linguistics class at the University of Connecticut and showed a lot of pictures of you and your cats. Do you have any more pictures of your cats somewhere on the inter webs?
If you go here you can see the ones I’ve posted to my Tumblr (plus other cat pictures), but here are some bonus ones:
Idk if someone already answered this for you, @doyouevenbts but I’m going to introduce them to you the best way I know how:
Okays from oldest to youngest:
This is gummy bear leader Yongguk.
He seems shy and sweet but is not afraid to turn into this
Then there’s forever fabulous Himchan.
Seriously no camera can capture this man’s entire beautiful self.
Then there’s this adorable cutie Daehyun
He’s sweetheart with the voice of an angel… . a sexy angel lol
Next up is the beautiful and sassy Youngjae.
He is turned up 70% of the time and a savage the other 30%.
Then there’s the 4D Moon angel Jongup
He’s made up of Nesquick, Shake Shack, hamburgers and is a total BEAST.
Also his moves are sick!
And last but not least is the giant baby Zelo (Junhong).
One minute he’s a pure and sweet child
And then he goes into sexy water noodle mode
Cr. gifs and pics to original owners.
basically they’re a group of adorable dorks who you grow to love with
all your heart. Lol, sorry to make this such a long response!! But I felt
like you should get the full force of them in the intro… . it’s
still not enough tho lol. right @baematoki and @mustlovechu?
you know what’s hilarious in the few hours or so after that jeongcheol pic was posted on seventeen’s twitter? kcarats including jihan/hongyoon fansite masternims suddenly flooded jihan pics on twitter and @-ed pledis_17 😂😂
it was like in that moment an earthquake shook twitter and a mutual understanding between kcarat jihan stans and pledis severely broke… 😂
my abuser's name is super common and tho seeing it makes me feel kinda sick i fucking deal with it because it's no one's problem but my own. i even watch 3 youtubers who share his name and still love their stuff, because people are more than the names attached to them. eventually i'll probably just lose the negativity associated altogether by just not acknowledging it as something negative. actively reminding yourself of the negative context just makes the trauma worse, why do it in a byf???
Exactly! I hope you are able to replace that name to better memories in the future :>