You glared out your window, your earbuds blasting the newest music you were into. You were trying to ignore your brother and new step-brother, as well as your father and Heidi. The boy in the middle of the seat, Evan, was practically radiating anxiety. He would never say it aloud, but you reminded him of Connor Murphy.
You felt a tap on your shoulder and you glanced to your left, seeing your brother Jeremy looking at you and gesturing towards Heidi. He had snuck his arm above Evans’s head to tap you gently.
“What?” You said, pulling your earbuds out of your ears.
“I asked, are you excited to start senior year?” She glanced at you in her side mirror.
“No.” You grunted honestly, making Evan glance at you with curiosity, then back at his fidgeting hands. You were the oldest sibling in this now conjoined family, a few months older than Evan and a year ahead of Jeremy.
You slouched slightly as you saw Heidi’s face fall at her attempt to make peace with you. You hated this new change in your family. You hated almost all change.
“Alright, kids. We’re here at our new home!” Your dad grinned, parking the car. You opened the door and tried to keep yourself calm, you wanted to yell and cry and try to reason with your dad. You stepped out and scrunched your face up in disgust as you glanced at the new house. Your father and Heidi had gone out of their way to already unpack almost the whole house, except for your rooms.
“Do you like it, (y/n)? Jeremy?” Your dad asked hopefully.
“Yeah, dad, we love it.” You mumbled, not wanting him to feel bad. You started walking into the quite large house, looking around at the way your father and step mother had decorated. You heard footsteps behind you so you turned around to see Heidi smiling sadly.
“Hi, honey.. I know you don’t really like me, but I hope we can be like mother and daughter eventually.” Heidi smiled sadly, like she knew everything about you. Your face fell and you subconsciously tugged down on your sleeves, feeling slightly bad.
“I don’t dislike you, Heidi. I dislike change.” You mumbled, turning around and going up the stairs. Once again you heard footsteps behind you, practically running to keep up with your long strides.
“Can you believe we have to share a room?” Jeremy snorted, following you into your room.
“Yeah, I know. How will you ever have sex with Michael again?” You said dramatically, laughing and bending down to start unpacking a box.
Jeremy turned bright red and started to unpack on his side as well.
“No, but really? We couldn’t just get a house so every kid gets their own room?” Jeremy mumbles.
“I’m fine with sharing a room with you. I’d rather share with you than Evan- not because I don’t like the kid or anything, I just don’t want to make him uncomfortable, y'know?” You grunted, making your bed.
“With all your satanic posters and crystals, you make me uncomfortable.” Jeremy joked.
“No, we um, actually really need a curtain to separate the room in two.”
“Most definitely, you nerd.” You agreed, watching him hang up a Pacman poster.
You were sitting on your bed listening to music one day when the curtain between the room was ripped open.
“H-hey, can we have like, three friends over?” Evan giggled, making Jeremy hit his arm and laugh as well.
“Um, sure?” You asked, raising your eyebrows. It was date night for your dad and step-mom, meaning you were in charge.
“O-okay, good! Because they’re already here!” Jeremy laughed, probably high.
“Come chill with us!”
Evan and Jeremy had managed to grab your arms and drag you down the stairs and into the gaming room.
“Hi, (y/n)!” Michael laughed, waving at you. The whole room smelt like weed. There were two boys on the couch who you had seen before, but never cared to talk to.
“O-okay! These are my friends Jared,” Evan grinned, pointing to one boy. “And Connor!” He pointed to another boy.
“Sup, hot stuff!” Jared said tipsily, winking at you. He had a beer in front of him, and another one in his hand. Connor was sitting quietly and smoking weed. He waved slightly at you, and you turned pink.
“Hey,” you laughed, sitting down on the couch and grabbing a beer. “Who brought the weed this time, Michael?”
Jared, Connor, and Evan looked a little shocked you didn’t get mad. Michael laughed and blew smoke into the air.
“Actually, Connor brought it!” Michael giggled, leaning into Jeremy.
“Sweet.” You giggled, taking a hit and glancing at Connor. Connor turned a deep red under your gaze and he shifted uncomfortably.
You liked the way he would glance at you and turn red all throughout the night. The way he would shift and gently lean on you when he talked to you.
“Oh my god, oh my god! We should play Just Dance!” Jeremy cries, standing up quickly and stumbling towards the Wii. “We only have four controllers, though!”
“I’ll sit out.” You and Connor both offered at the first time, glancing at each other. You smirked as the other four started to dance drunkenly.
“Hi.” You giggled, scooting closer to Connor. Connor stared at you, furrowing his eyebrows.
“Hi?” He muttered, his face turning a pale pink. You leaned on him slightly, mumbling your next sentence.
“How come we’ve never spoken before?” You smirked at him as Evan turned around and hit Jeremy, both of your younger brothers now staring at you flirting with Connor.
“Holy shit?” Jeremy whispered, glancing at Evan then back at you.
“It worked?!” Evan whisper shouted, jumping happily. Michael and Jared glanced back at you and Connor as Evan and Jeremy pulled them out of the room.
“You were intimidating.” Connor mumbles, taking a sip of his beer.
“And you aren’t?” You joked, tilting your head.
“True. But I mean you are so pretty, it’s almost intimidating.” Connor crossing his arms after he sets the beer down on the coffee table.
“Oh, you’re the hot, brooding type of intimidating, Connor.“ You giggled, mocking him by crossing your arms. He pouts slightly, making you giggle even more.
The four boys were watching you and Connor from the kitchen, drunk amazement on their faces. “They should just date already.” Jared snorts.
“We heard that.” You giggled, glancing behind you and growing a bit tired.
“Oh-oh my god!” Jeremy cried, glancing at a text message. “Mom and dad are going to be home soon!”
Your eyes widened and you launched up from your seat. “How long?” You asked, suddenly wide awake.
“Five minutes!” Jeremy read, glancing up at you then at Michael.
“Super speed mode!” The three of you shouted like dorks, each of you launching into action. You were throwing away beer cans while Michael hid the bongs, throwing the weed at Connor. Jeremy ran into the bathroom and came out with a giant bottle of febreze, practically choking everyone while he sprayed it. Evan and Jared started to sweep and vacuum the floors, picking up all the dropped food. Connor started to do the dishes, cleaning all of the snack bowls and silverware. Everyone moved surprisingly fast for being drunk, high, or both.
“Okay, kiddos! Get your sleeping bags out and pretend to be asleep!” Everyone rolled out their sleeping bags and crawled in, except for you. You sat on the couch and pretended to be exhausted. You had purposely placed a bag of popcorn on the floor, along with a few pieces in between the boys, so it didn’t seem suspicious.
“Hi honey,” Heidi smiled at you, ruffling your hair and speaking softly. “How did everything go?”
“Good,” You smiled up at her and glanced at your father.
“Why does it reek like febreze?” He mumbled, squinting slightly.
“Oh,” You laughed nonchalantly. “The step-bros keeps farting up a storm.”
You were surprised when none of the boys on the floor broke out in laughter, since you did giggle to yourself. Your father and Heidi wished you a goodnight. When they closed their bedroom door, all of the boys sat up in sync.
“Really, (y/n)? We keep farting?” Jeremy mumbled, making Michael and Jared laugh and agree it was true.
“God damn, that was smooth. Lying on the spot like that, that was kinda hot.” Connor flirted, raising his eyebrows at you. He was drunk, and definitely high.
“Connor- please, stop, that’s my sister.” Evan complained, laughing slightly.
“You’re right, Evan, they should save it for the bedroom!” Jared snorts, earning a kick from you.
“Wait, how come I didn’t know about this sleepover until a few hours ago?” You questioned, making all of the boys go quiet.
“Goodnight!” Jeremy laughed, flopping into his sleeping bag. The other boys followed his lead, all except for Connor.
“Night, babe.” Connor smirked, laying down and drifting off the sleep. You shook your head and laughed, blushing slightly.
okay so @all-you-see-is-nightmare-eyes and i have been talking about an au where connor, evan, jeremy and michael met and it got shippy. very detailed /cries/ headcannons below.
- The main reason the four of them met was because they found each other at the orchard. Evan and Connor were on a date, they had a picnic ready and everything, and Michael wanted to explore the place so Jeremy was forced to come with him.
- Michael had tripped on one of the paths and fell off of it, down the slight slope they were on, right in front of Connor and Evan. Evan nearly had a heart attack when it happened, and when Jeremy came running down, he nearly had one all over again. Connor was just confused.
- Well, after Jeremy made sure Michael was okay, the four of them talked a little. And, with the awkward introductions thrown aside, they immediately hit it off. Evan and Connor thought the two of them were cool and full of funny stories, and Jeremy and Michael thought that they were pretty chill and nice.
- Somehow, an hour had passed and the boyf riends had somehow edged their way into the tree bros date - and they didn’t mind at all.
- Eventually, Connor and Evan decided that they had to go and gathered their things with the help of Jeremy and Michael. Jeremy kept apologising for barging in on their date, so much so that Evan of all people had to calm him down.
- They walked to their seperate cars, but before any of them could get in and drive away, Connor ran over and asked for their numbers. The boyf riends gave him their numbers, and he texted both of them Evan’s number. After that, they all left.
- And just like that, a group chat was made and they were all texting day and night.
- Turns out Michael and Jeremy lived the next town over - an hour away from Evan and Connor.
- Evan and Connor visited one time during the weekend, expecting to hang out for a couple of hours and then head back home - they ended up staying the entire weekend.
- Eventually, the tree bros came over to visit every weekend, sometimes during the weekdays for the hell of it.
- They all torture Jeremy’s dad for fun tbh.
- “wow you actually wear pants - i really wanted to see the ducky underwear you own”
- “thanks mr. ducky - i mean mr. heere.”
- Eventually Michael and Jeremy visit Evan and Connor for the first time, and they all end up going to Evan’s house because Connor’s house is a “no-go”, as he says.
- EVERYONE LOVES HEIDI. IT’S A FACT SORRY I DON’T MAKE THE RULES.
- None of them have spoken about the Squips or the suicide attempts. They feel like they should just hide it and act like normal kids.
- One day Evan is just kind of watching the boyf riends play video games as Connor draws. He notices how Jeremy sticks the tip of his tongue out when he’s concentrated, how Michael’s eyes sparkle every time he beats a level, how they loudly shriek in sync when something bad happens and he. just. realizes how much he loves them.
- Evan gets all awkward and blushy around the three of them and every time they try to touch him or ask what’s wrong he just says he’s fine and pulls away.
- “did we do something wrong?” “I - I - I’M F - FINE”
- Since they’re have their regular “sleepover all weekend” things, Jeremy decides that they should camp outside because Evan likes nature, right? The rest of them agree.
- When they all go outside, they find a fireplace and decide to gather sticks and stuff for firewood.
- Michael and Connor totally fight each other with the sticks. it’s a fact.
- Eventually they all calm down and Jeremy gets a fire lit, and they’re just talking about things. Heavy things, the things they usually try not to talk about.
- Somehow, none of them slip up about the suicide attempts or the Squips, but when Evan speaks up he talks about how he feels like he’s a burden and that he’ll never be good enough for anything.
- The boys immediately jump to action, saying that they all like Evan so much, so god damn much and that they would probably die for him.
- Evan is so overwhelmed by the response - here are these beautiful men, all looking at him, worry and affection displayed on their dimly lit faces and. Evan just. explodes.
- “I think I’m in love with all of you?” And they boys are shocked, but Evan continues. “I don’t know how - I didn’t even think it was humanly possible but here we are?? And like it’s scary because I can’t even handle having a crush on one person, so why three? Why now? Why -”
- And Michael just cuts him off and says “I love you too.”
- And Jeremy and Connor just share a look and sigh in relief and they’re both like “yeah we kind of talked to eachother about our feelings already we were just waiting for you two..”
- So now there’s four blushing boys sitting in a backyard at 2 am, having spilled their feelings out for each other, unaware of what to do next.
- And then Michael asks Evan if he can kiss him and Evan is like “!!!!!!!!” and nods, and they share a small kiss.
- Jeremy speaks up, his face flushed as he talks. “Are we all.. dating now?”
BMC, DEH, AND HEATHERS CHARACTERS AS MAGICAL CREATURES
Veronica Sawyer- Banshee (scream girl just get it all out)
JD (Jason Dean)- Kitsune (trouble making fuck was I fucking love you)
Connor Murphy- Poltergeist (this boy is empty but still salty as hell he’ll haunt all y'alls asses)
Evan Hansen- Kirin (you go baby you’re so damn beautiful bless your sweet sweet soul go frolic with nature or some shit)
Michael Mell- Siren (if you disagree go listen to Michael in the Bathroom one more time and try and tell me you wouldn’t jump in the ocean for this boy)
Jeremy Heere- Pixie (idefk man it’s the first thing that popped into my head like he’s so damn cute he’d be such a mischievous little nerd)
SQUIP- Keanu Reeves himself (that man is a magical creature and y'all know it either that or he’s an alien or some crazy shit he ain’t aged a day y'all)
- the boys get progressively gayer now that they’re together, they hold hands and make out and cuddle and everyone finds it really cute?? (everyone as in heidi and jeremy’s dad)
- they have a specific way they cuddle, connor’s on the left curled up around them since he’s the tallest and the main one he’s curled up around is michael, his nose nuzzled in his hair. honestly he’s just spooning michael. michael’s arms are around evan, who’s nuzzled in his neck and has his arms wrapped around him and connor. jeremy’s spooning evan, nuzzled in the back of his neck as he wrapped his arms around michael and evan and he’s holding connor’s hand.
- it’s almost impossible for them to sleep unless they’re with each other it’s crazy
- connor definitely dramatically drapes himself across michael when he’s playing games to get his attention
- “pay attention to me and your other boyfriends”
“just one more level-”
“no it’s late and we wanna watch movies”
“start one without me then i’ll be there right after i beat this i promise”
“you said that four levels ago, please?”
all three of them give michael puppy eyes; he can’t resist
- okay but evan’s never had a slushy before and michael is OFFENDED, so he grabs all of the boys and they go to the seven eleven down the street. at 2 in the morning.
- when evan first tries it he’s like “HOLY HECK THIS IS GOOD” and he drinks it way too quickly and no one has enough time to tell him about brain freezes
- HE’S SUFFERING BECAUSE “WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME SOMETHING SO SWEET COULD BE SO EVIL”
- turns out evan gets extremely hyper with just a small amount of sugar so everyone just watches him tired himself out and then connor has to carry him home when he crashes
- they all bought evan a bonsai tree for his birthday and evan treasured it so much that he wont even let his boyfriend’s touch it
- eventually they all end up talking about the squips and the suicide attempts. there’s a lot of tears, but they’re there for each other and they comfort each other through it, they make sure to be each other’s rocks.
- HALLOWEEN IS CONNOR’S FAV HOLIDAY he plans out matching costumes (they’re all dressed up as zombie mario characters) and he helps decorate everyone’s houses because he can’t do it at his own and he scares the fuck out of his boyfriend’s 24/7
- christmas is definitely jeremy’s favorite time of the year because he likes the cold, but also because of the cliche’s - mistletoes, matching sweaters, snow ball fights, dazzling lights and presents - it’s just great
- god fuCKING RUN from michael on april fools day he plays so many tricks on everyone and one time he put hair dye in connors shampoo and he came out with bright pink hair its a fucjing disaster
- everyone protects evan from michael on april fool’s day to be honest
- evan’s favorite time of the year is definitely new years eve because. like. everyones celebrating for their own reasons, and he has his own. connor’s lived another year, he’s been with his boyfriend’s for another year, he’s actually here for another year. plus, he gets to kiss his boyfriend’s at midnight.
- plus they all stole wine from jeremy’s dad and evan totally got grounded for it
- on their anniversary, they decide to get each other promise rings and give them to each other at the end of the day. they go back to the orchard with a picnic basket and spend the entire day there, talking and laughing and taking pictures. eventually they all pull out the rings and give them to each other.
- the inside bands of rings all say something different
- jeremy’s says “you’re our world and stars”
michael’s says “you’re our happiness and laughter”
evan’s says “you’re our calm in the middle of a storm”
connor’s says “you’re our beacon of light in darkness”
- they kept their relationship a secret from everyone at their schools, but when they checked Instagram that night, evan had posted a picture of their ring hands reaching for the sky. underneath it the caption says “All we see is sky for forever ~ These three mean the world to me and I can’t express it enough. One year already and I can’t wait for the years to come.”
- they all decide to post similar things on their instagrams, and it feels nice to finally be out and free to be themselves.
- the first time the boys went to connor’s house was to meet his parents - he had told them a month earlier that he was gay and had three boyfriend’s and his parents took it somewhat okay, but they’re really confused about it all. so they invited them to a dinner.
- connor finds out last second that they were supposed to dress up all nice, like tuxes and stuff and he tried to warn his boys but they were already there
- so now there’s these three awkward boys standing there in their basic regular clothing while everyone’s wearing dresses and tuxes
- at least connor looks good
- after that they spend a lot more time at evan’s house because his momma is so sweet when she’s there
- EVAN DOESN’T SWEAR OFTEN. HIS BOYFRIENDS EVEN KEEP TRACK OF WHEN HE SWEARS AND WHEN EVAN FINDS OUT HE DOES NOT HESITATE TO JUST. LET IT ALL LOOSE.
- “shit bitch tit fuck asshole” THEY LITERALLY SCREAM
- “you know you guys make such a big deal out of me swearing when i can have you all swearing and moaning in five minutes” EVERYONE GOES INTO SHOCK
- one night evan’s mom goes out on a date and everyone is SCREAMING BECAUSE HEIDI HAS A BOYFRIEND
- her boyfriend has a little four year old daughter !!!
- he meets evan and his boys and hes like “oh are you guys heidi’s sons?” and connor without thinking says “nah we’re all evan’s boyfriends” and everyone’s hearts stop for a moment but new like “okay” and evan actually feels his chest swell with pride and happiness and he just. laughs and says “okay.” back and everything is good
- he’s able to bond with all of the boys in one way or another, he talks with michael for hours on end just about how amazing his jacket is and all of the patches on his jacket and stands behind connor while he’s drawing sometimes and gives him some tips and when jeremy tries to cook he swifts by and gives him tips too, adding in stuff now and then secretly to help and with evan, well they talk all the time considering this man is dating evan’s mom, and really quickly evan trusts him and is happy for him and his mom
- HE PROPOSES TO HEIDI AND EVERYONE IS EXCITED
- all the boys are the best men no questions asked and they all wearing matching ties and tuxes and heidi’s boyfriend’s little girl is the flower girl
- after the wedding at the after party the boys lay outside in the grass and they’re just talking and watching the sky and there’s music faintly playing in the background from inside the building and they’re just so happy and calm
- jeremy suddenly says “i can’t wait for our wedding” and everyone is shocked but jeremy is just confused because he didn’t even know he said that out loud but when he finds out he did he blushes and covers his face
- connor is like “i would marry you all in a heart beat” and michael is like “we already have matching rings..”
- evan suddenly stands without saying a word and the rest of the boys stand too thinking they made him anxious, but he turns around and suddenly gets down on one knee and hes like “will you all marry me?”
- and it’s so cliche but every one of them say yes and they all cry
- here they are - these fucking kids, jeremy and michael at age seventeen, evan at eighteen, connor at nineteen - here they all are, proposing to each other
- they of course can’t legally get married but they all change their names a week later. they all sport the last name, Hansen-Heere-Murphy-Mell.
okay im done for now because my fingers hurt from typing
OKAY! I hate that there’s not a somewhat “official” tag or name for our lovable heroes of recent musicals who sport a good shade of blue. so I decided why not the blue musical protagonist squad or the BMP. basically if you’re the lead of a musical and sport blue, you’re in the squad.
ANYWAYS!veronica sawyer, jeremy heere andevan hansen lets assume the take place same timeline. now, Be more chill takes place in 2015, Dear Evan Hansen takes place in either 2015 or 2016, so not to much of a gap there. to which jeremy is either 15 or 16 years old -thats just my estimate- and Evan is either 18 or 19.
Heathers takes place in 1989 to which between 1989 to 2015 and 2016, Veronica would be 45-if we assume that veronica was 17 by the musicals time-
Now I know of the stepbrother Au with heidi and jeremy’s dad getting married and evan and jeremy become step-brothers. so this au will be involved as well
the events of Heathers still take place and once veronica graduates from westerberg. she goes to harvard and moves away with martha and H.Mcnamara as her roommates as the pursue their own careers.
time pass and veronica becomes a lawyer once graduating harvard getting a house in NJ.
fair amount of time passes by and she manages heidis divorce and meets a younger evan.
Heidi and Veronica becoming pretty good friends in the process as veronica emotionally supports heidi and takes care of evan some times as well with H.Mcnamara and martha while heidi’s working
Veronica helping raise evan and maybe as he grows she tries her best to help him out in any way she can with his anxiety.
time passes and heidi meets Mr.heere, the two going out on small secret dates with each other.
jeremy finding out and supporting his dad as much as possible, evan doing the same for his mom.
once the wedding comes around veronica meets jeremy - lets assume that this is his happens after the musical- and maybe the squip seeing her tries and warn jeremy’s shes quote on quote “dangerous”
right but an interaction between zoe murphy and christine canigula would either be the purest thing or a vicious battle about whether jazz band or play rehearsal was better and there would be no inbetween
“ dear michael mell, thanks for every note you send. ”
iM COMMITTED TO THESE AUS
SOONER OR LATER ILL DRAW EVAN N CONNOR I JUST GOTTA LEARN HOW TO DRAW EVANS HAIR AND WHO CONNORS SQUIP IS GONNA BE
i drew another picture based on Disappear but whoops i forgot his cast so ill send that later lmao
anxious michel mell is more anxious than an anxious boy should be
“ dear jeremy heere, i’m just glad to be your friend. ”
((FINALLY GOT AROUND TO POSTING THIS SER…have this appropriate reaction gif
JEREMY…SIGNED HIS C AST? I’M. I’M SOB BING THAT’S SO CU TE AND SAD
I’m excited to see your interpretations on the DEH characters bring em here //claps hands
I’M GOING TO GO OUTSIDE AND SCREAM TO THE SKY HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS BY E))