OK YALL HERE WE GO!!
1. C O C O N U T O I L that bitch is a lifesaver!! buy yrself a big old jar of organic pure coconut oil (its cheap!) and rub that shit on your eyebrows before you got to sleep theyll be thick & bomb!! do the same w yr eyelashes!!! got stretch marks? first of all those bitches are normal & natural & u should totally love yourself & them but if you wanna fade em/make me less noticeable rub coconut oil into em every night that shit works miracles! use it as shaving cream for silky smooth skin or even just rub it all over ya bod after you shave!!
2. treat yo self to a face mask every night you deserve it! they can be pricey but it’s so worth it, yr skin will be soft and glowy and clear and feel hella refreshed!! i swear by
-rosy cheeks by lush: that shit smells so good and it’ll make ya face soft & rose scented!!
-love lettuce by lush: aaa its so soothing & it feels like an exfoliater!! love that shit
-clay mask deep pore cleanser by zion health: omg i use this shit every night it is so fucking refreshing… be warned if youve got sensitive skin it burns a lil bit but it feels so good & clears up skin!
3. cliché but skincare is so important! i use neutrogena rapid clear daily pads & neutrogena oil‑free acne moisturizer in pink grapefruit every single morning bc ive got hella acne… i wipe the pads on my forehead & chin & let that settle in and then moisturize my whole face!!
4. massage bars from lush are h e a v e n l y i use tender is the night every day!! but if you can’t afford that then tbh coconut oil has the same effect!
5. sugar scrubs work wonders on yr lips!! exfoliate those fuckers then throw on hella lip balm you’ll thank me later!
6. shave in the morning!! hair grows quick so don’t shave the night before & let all ya hair grow back before you even go out!! (also- ALWAYS use a new, sharp razor!!
that’s all for now ! have fun bein hoes!! love yourself!!
in “love”, men are very good at imitating the shape of a container but never its content, n this is at the crux of men’s near-literal emptiness
bc men think that the container is the content – stringing the right words together in the right order; performing the right gestures in the right contexts, n so on – n they can get really, really good at this! they can sound beautiful, enlightened, loving
but let me put it this way: U can train a dog to say “I love U” n it will be cute! every time he makes some yelping noise resembling it, U give him a treat – n maybe after a long while it’ll really sound like he is saying “I love U”, n U might even convince yrself that he knows what it means when he says it … or, at least, that he means it [that he loves U] n just doesn’t know he means it when he says it – but the fact is that he wants the fucking treat! n for all he knows that’s really the only pt of “saying” it – say the right thing the right way, get the treat – saying “I love U” has transactional value – I give U what U want, U give me what I want… n he doesn’t even have the beginning of an idea of what “I love U” means, or that it “means” anything at all!
so men view the value of these words, gestures, gifts, time spent n so on as currency to use in a transaction called love – n thru trial n error they learn from U which of these coin pieces are most valuable, n this is how they convince U that they love U n not just what they can get from U (which they conflate for themselves! they think they’re the same thing, n genuinely cannot tell the difference)
but men, hollowed out by masculinity, have relied on women (mothers, sisters, daughters, friends, lovers) to fill them up – they never learned what we had to learn as subjects of femininity: that the question of love is not “what can U do for me?” but ultimately, n endlessly “what can I do for U?” n that those gestures men bend n warp n hollow out to make into coins are actually meant to be expressions of that selflessness – are offerings
n when men are confronted w the truth abt love, abt its roots in sacrifice, in altruism, in martyrdom … that is, in femininity – they deny it, destroy it, or run as fast as they possibly can
let’s be real though, if you’re buying things solely bc kylie jenner is telling you to, it’s not surprising that you’d find yrself stuck in a desert in a disaster relief tent. like that’s rly jst a logical extension of that approach
idk forever ago i found this old gift card o'mine that had a wee bit of 💸 on it so i ordered some 🌹🌸🌷🌻🌼🌺💐 hair wreath things (“are you avoiding saying "fl*wer cr*wns?”“ yes) and they finally arrived.. a few days ago and i decided to wear one to work b/c like.. someone who worked there before had pink hair, my assistant manger currently has magenta hair, after having turquoise, so me having a tiny band of roses in my hair shouldn’t b an issue, tbh, and so.. so many ppl complimented it? this woman went on and on abt it and asked if i had an instagram, said i should b/c i seem/look v photogenic, it’d b a good picture (all it was was some red 🌹’s and a fishtail braid, but, hey), and then she gave me some money for some reason and said "just buy yrself a drink or s/t sweetheart.. you deserve it” and like. i died
Sleepyhead- passion pit
Dance yrself clean- LCD soundsystem
Karma police- Radiohead
Step- vampire weekend
Antichrist television blues- arcade fire
Rebellion (lies)- arcade fire
Hey Orpheus/oh eurydice- arcade fire
Someone great- LCD soundsystem
Space song- beach house
New person, same old mistakes- tame impala
Literally all of torches- foster the people
Sound and color - Alabama shakes
Gimme all your love- Alabama shakes
Recycled air- the postal service
Constant conversations- passion pit