Can you recommend any klance fics?.
I can definitely recommend lots of klance fics. As in, lots lots. I am not completely sure what you are looking for/what you have already read though, so I’m just gonna list some of my favorite authors with some of my favorite fics.
Quick additional info: there are no explicit fics on here, though some are rated mature. All of the stories have klance as their only ship but since I intended this to be author recs rather than fic recs, I will mention what kinds of other ships appear in other fics.
Now then, here you go, in no particular order:
- Crossroads (106k): not quite canon verse, not quite AU - check the summary
- Plunged (6k): canon verse, Lance teaches Keith how to swim
- Roommates (6k): modern AU, Artist!Keith, Photographer!Lance, exactly what the title says
This author’s writing is amazingly smooth and I particularly enjoy their Keith. Crossroads was my favorite fic for a long, long time until I found some others that were just as good :D [this author also wrote some nsfw and sheith]
- He Who Fights Monsters (65k): AU, there are dragons
This author has a style of writing that makes you forget that time exists. Like, you read their stories, look up 2 hours later and go “what the hell I only just started reading 5 minutes ago”. Their fics are pretty action-heavy but the romance part never falls short. [they wrote a lot of nsfw, their newest fic is shklance]
- Entangled (102k): canon verse, Keith and Lance get mind-melded
- Right-hand Man (4k): canon verse, Keith approaches Lance after the end of season 2 to talk about their roles from now on
Amazing characterizations here. I particularly enjoyed the OS because it seemed like something that genuinely could happen like this in canon… sadly I don’t think it will, but one can dream, right :’D Also amazing art! [they wrote some nsfw]
- it had to be you (9k): modern AU, Keith and Lance are professors, lots of flirting
- Echoes In Your Mind (7k): canon verse, Keith is turning Galra
- let the whole world know (4k): modern AU, soulmates AU
I honestly don’t know why I like this author so much? Probably because they can squeeze an entire story into less than 10k words, complete with character development and appearances from friends etc. I liked many more of their OS but there are just so many, you should check it out for yourself. [they wrote some nsfw and shallura]
- Not That Bad (68k): modern AU, socially anxious!Keith, lots and lots of fluff
- just like that (10k): canon verse, Lance struggles with his crush on Keith
this author just? makes reading feel so good? so relaxing?? Their style is focused on conveying emotions and flows really nicely, I strongly recommend to give it a try. [their newest story is nsfw and includes lancelot]
- Drive Me Crazy (8k): modern AU, lots of flirting and stupid pick-up lines
- Next Level (33k; WIP): modern AU, online gaming, they know each other but they don’t know that they know each other
The style of writing is really, really good and I love how everyone’s friendships get portrayed. The author is also pretty good at writing conflicted emotions. [they wrote some shallura and shidge]
- it’s all in my head (8k): canon verse, mind meld
This author is super good with emotions. You always end up feeling what the characters are feeling and I’d definitely recommend going through their other fics as well - once again, there are just so many that I won’t list them all. [they wrote some nsfw and shallura]
- You Can Fog Up My Windows Anytime (3k): modern AU, all the awkward flirting
Another author that has a fantastic style of writing and portrays the characters really well. Also another author that wrote so many good things that I can’t possibly put them all on here. [they wrote some nsfw, sheith, shklance, shallura- lots of stuff, check the tags]
- Moonset Deep (50k, WIP): mermaid AU, lance is the mermaid
- The Quiet (40k, WIP): ghost AU, lance is the ghost
- 7 Days Series (pt 1 - 30k, pt 2 - 30k, pt 3 - 4k): canon verse, lance/keith get turned into babies
Amazing writing, plot-orientated. Don’t let that fool you though, the emotions never fall short. [they wrote some shallura, shance and other ships - also their fics aren’t rated. the ones listed are entirely sfw]
- Drive It Like You Mean It (94k): modern AU, street racing AU, it gets pretty intense later
This writer has a really fluent and nice style of writing and they somehow manage to easily let lots of characters interact. Everyone feels extremely in character and nothing feels forced. Also I know nothing about cars and yet their fics belong to my favorites, so give it a try. [they wrote some shallura]
- Of Don Juan And Elvis (3k): modern AU, soulmate AU
- Barbie Girl (2k): modern AU, soulmate AU, continuation
I’m not sure whether it’s just me but no matter what fic of them I read, they always feel– soft. Easy. Something good for in-between. One of their fics (not the ones listed here) has some pretty heavy topics in it and yet I still feel like that. [they wrote some shallura]
- A Moment in the Snow (3k): canon verse, Galra!Keith, snowball fights, fluff
- Carpe Diems and Chrysanthemums (14k): modern AU, hanahaki disease, trans Lance, angst with a happy ending
- A Quarter Past Midnight (14k): canon verse, trans Keith, angst with a happy ending
This author is amazing at writing angst. It just always hits you right in the feels. Like damn. I adore their writing so much but ho boy I was too scared to click the one Chara Death fic they wrote. I couldn’t do that to myself, the two longer OS that I listed here already gave me enough feelings. [they wrote some shallura]
- Nightmares (15k): canon verse, sleeping together, as in snuggling, fluff
- Costumed Identities (42k): modern AU, cosplay AU, they know each other but they don’t know they know each other
This author writes Keith’s and Lance’s interactions really nicely. They also never fail to make me smile/laugh with their fics, they are all really cute!! Lots of light heartened stuff here.
- Running Flat (11k): canon verse, thought sharing, lance is trying to figure out who has the crush on him
- A Commutal Contract (24k, WIP): canon verse, bed sharing
I really really really enjoy this author’s Lance!! He feels incredibly in character and I swear I can see him act in canon just like he does in the fics. Their style of writing is fluent, nice and adapts really well to the situation.
Aaaand that’s it for now! :D If you have a specific length/specific topics/specific ratings in mind for what you want to read, feel free to send another message!! You can also visit the fic rec tag on my blog, maybe you’ll find something else there.
/EDIT: now there is a part two with some other of my favorite fics