shoutout to people who cant/wont turn in their abusers because
- they dont have proof of abuse
- abusers were upstanding members of society
- their abuse was legal
- no one believes them
- their abusers are old, dead, disabled, ill, or on their deathbed
- their abusers are family members
- they cant remember details of abuse
- they didnt uncover abuse until later in life
- they were abused by organizations
- they dont know the names of thier abusers
- theyve been threatened into staying quiet
- they arent mentally stable enough to endure the investigation
and whatever other reason. people dont have to turn in their abusers for their abuse to be legitimate. so many of us cant prove what happened to us and are only left with the disorders that came with the horror we dealt with growing up.
it makes me sad that im seeing so many trauma survivors feel that they have to justify not taking abusers to court. some of us cant, some of us shouldnt, and some of us wont. please respect all survivors regardless of how they approach legal justice over abuse.