hey guys! it’s finally summertime and if you’re anything like me, then you alternate between being extremely busy and extremely bored. still, i’m looking forward to the sunny, relaxed days. here are some ideas to make your summer the best one yet!
the end of school
- congrats! you just finished another year of your education! now, it’s time to relax (you deserve it) and get ready for next year
- go through your notebooks, do you really need those pieces of paper filled with doodles? personally, i throw out everything i don’t want but keep anything that i think could be beneficial to me in the future
- remember to keep in touch with your friends! but don’’t be afraid to make some new ones!
- deep clean your room! honestly, this will make everything better and make you believe that summer has actually begun! plus, you can pack anything you won’t be needing for two months
- get started (or make a plan) for any summer work that you need to do. buy those books for english and any textbooks you need. and get a head start on those math problems and worksheets! if you have any problems, don’t be afraid to email your future teachers. they might not reply, but they will appreciate your proactiveness
make the most of your time!
- make a summer playlist. there’s nothing like jamming out to some summer tunes!
- clean out your closet. or room. or bathroom. or anything else that gets cluttered (even your phone!)
- explore! go hiking, act like a tourist in your hometown, go to that new restaurant you’ve been dying to try, travel somewhere new.
- read some books
- learn to code (maybe improve your blog?)
- learn a new skill (a new recipe, dancing, maybe a language?)
- do some gardening
- there’s really so much that you can do in the summer, especially when it’s warm out and you have a bunch of free time! go do whatever you want!
before the end
- make sure you have finished all your summer assignments (very important!)
- if you want, read through your textbooks or do some research to get a head start on your classes
- don’t be sad if you haven’t done everything you wanted, there’s always weekends (and winter break isn’t that far away!)
- get ready for school. for me, this means getting notebooks/binders organized and school supplies all ready
- enjoy the last few days!