It takes Victor a second to compose himself. His heart still thuds in his chest and his entire body tingles from the kissing he’d been doing for the past however-long, lips bruised and fingers tangled in his hair, gripping it tight. It takes him a second to slow, to open his confused, deer-in-headlight eyes and realize that Yuuri is speaking, not kissing.
(Speaking, not kissing.)
(He isn’t mentally prepared for this. Not really.)
But Yuuri is focused, his mind seemingly crystal-clear. There’s a fiery determination in his eyes. “My exhibition. Skate with me.”
Victor makes a noise, but he’s not sure if it qualifies as a word.
(Of course, he’s currently busy watching the way Yuuri’s lips glisten, the way that his hair is disheveled from Victor’s hands—Victor’s hands—and the way that his skin seems to glow.)
“Would you?” he asks, a bit quieter this time. “Would you want to?”
He blinks, realizing that Yuuri had been taking his silence as a negative reaction. Victor clears his throat, but it doesn’t help much. “Skate with you for your exhibition?”
“Yes. Stammi Vicino.”
Yuuri nods, then bites his lip, waiting.
Victor smiles, first—a small thing that grows into something greater, something that makes him giddy in every possible way a person can be giddy, in a way that makes his heart soar. Then, he kisses him, harder than he ever has before, pushing him back into the couch to shower him in adoration. “Yes,” he says against his lips when he finally force himself to break away for breath. “Yes, yes, a thousand times yes.”
I gotta say, I read every single birthday message sent to me and I wanted to say thanks y’all for being so cool. Honestly, I appreciate every message that was sent to me. I don’t really know what the future of this blog will be, it’s already a corpse, but I do know that I have some of the greatest followers ever, so cheers to that, lads
good things that happened today that prove life may not suck so bad after all:
• had a fancy bread for breakfast this morning. it had assorted fruit and some kind of cream on top of it and it tasted suuuper sweet and delicious
• told my little sister on the phone that i was coming home this weekend and she immediately screamed in excitement. it made me smile a bit
• caught up with some of the care e-mails @whelvenwings has been sending me. may or may not have laughed/cried throughout the whole process
• watched a lot of videos by my favorite youtubers that i’d been missing out on
• told some friends about my recently diagnosed mental illness and informed them about quitting med school soon. they responded (surprisingly) very nicely?
• one of them even offered me a position in his team for a neurological research that im not entirely oblivious about. thanked him for his offer and told him i might consider it at some point
• had noodles for dinner. it was the right amount of warm and spicy and it sat very nicely in my tummy
• spent 2 whole hours browsing through memes like The Cool Kid™ that i am
• realized that i’ve done a lot of things i should be proud of this week by putting myself first, for once
• you done good, citra
• you done good
And now that the apparently the Flame has no value for the Grounders anymore, just give it to Clarke. No political/religious consequences tied to it, just let her have the one thing of Lexa that’s left.