Hello! I'm new to seventeen, and I really want to be part of this Fandom, but I honestly don't know how. I've been following your since a long time and I fell in love with seventeen! I really want to know about them. What should I do? Thanks for reading this~
ahh! i’m so glad ur interested in checking out our boys!! idk if you’re used to large groups like svt, but if you aren’t, then learning to attach names to faces can be pretty tough. luckily, svt is split up into 3 different “units” so it’s a bit easier. i hope it’s okay i use @shua’s fantastic gifs to introduce the boys:
so this is hip hop unit, aka the rappers of the group, although they aren’t bad at singing either. in order from left to right, top to bottom, we get:
- mingyu: ridiculously tall and ridiculously handsome, and if anyone knows me they know i want to fight him in a tim hortons parking lot. in truth, he’s a really sweet dorky guy, and whatever you do don’t give him something or he’ll drop it.
- s.coups or seungcheol: leader of hip hop unit and overall leader of svt. has the unique ability to be both a friend and a respected leader. that all flies out the window once anything remotely competitive happens and suddenly he’s out for blood.
- wonwoo: the designated Deep Voiced Rapper of the group and a total bookworm. he was pretty calm and quiet when they first debuted but has rapidly become more and more insane as time goes on.
- vernon or hansol: he’s mixed (korean father, white mother) and has a plethora of embarrassing videos of him as a kid you can find on the internet. ridiculously chill but can be extra as fuck when he wants to be.
and here is vocal unit, the singers! from left to right, we have:
- jeonghan: a cheater, a swindler, a mastermind, and also the most genuinely caring, nurturing person you’ll ever meet. he used to have super long hair, and when he cut it short again the entire fandom basically lost its shit.
- woozi or jihoon: THE LOVE OF MY LIFE not only is he the leader of the vocal unit, but he’s also talented and intense and composes all their music. if an introverted, awkward, acerbic cat was a person, that cat would be lee jihoon.
- joshua or jisoo: originally from LA, he used to be the sweet gentleman guy before he revealed himself to be wild and dorky as all hell. if he went to college, i’m pretty sure he’d be the guy playing the guitar at parties. you know who i’m talking about.
- seungkwan: one of the main singers. outgoing, great at comedy and variety, talented as fuck, and ridiculously soft-hearted. loves his mother to hell and back and so far has cried over every award/music show they’ve won.
- dk or dokyeom or seokmin: the other main singer and literally a physical embodiment of pure sunshine. his smile has been scientifically proven to banish negativity within a 50ft radius. he’s Soft and Must Be Protected. also those thighs, holy shit, those thighs.
and finally, performance unit! they are the main dancers and will kill you with their moves. from left to right, top to bottom, we have:
- dino or chan: the talented maknae of the group. his parents own a dancing studio and he looks up to michael jackson. ridiculously responsible and mature for his age, but the other members prefer to keep treating him like a baby.
- jun or junhui: one of the chinese members. he used to be a child actor and is basically Perfection. a really sweet and supportive mom friend, but whatever you do don’t try and argue that he’s not hot shit bc he will 100% try to prove you wrong immediately.
- the8 or minghao: the other chinese member and has crazy b-boying skills & can do flips and shit that basically give me a heart attack. he used to be pretty quiet because he wasn’t used to the language yet, but has since become a Roasting Champion.
- hoshi or soonyoung: the leader of performance unit and the one who creates most of the group’s choreography. imaginative, energetic, focused, serious when he needs to be, and in general has absolutely no chill. like. at all.
and that’s all the members! what i recommend is to start watching their shows to help you get comfortable with them and get to know their personalities. i recommend watching in order:
- 17 project: detailing their challenges and tasks up to their debut with adore u, here you get to meet baby!svt and see how hard they’ve worked to gain fans, improve their abilities, and come out as a new group. expect lots of tears.
- one fine day: set roughly in between mansae and pretty u era, watch svt get thrown onto an island, learn to fish, beg for food, and nearly starve to death if it wasn’t for mingyu. i’m completely serious. that’s the whole show.
- one fine day in japan: set after boom boom era and only just finished! it’s one fine day season 2, except now they’re chilling in akita, japan, where they frolick in the snow, struggle with the language, eat good food, and engage in the most heated, intense rivalry the world has ever seen.
there’s also 17tv, back when they were trainees. it’s hard to really watch it all these days, but you can find english subbed video clips on youtube of baby!baby!svt messing around in practice rooms and (usually) being Gay As Fuck with each other. trust me, this is where half the shipping comes from.
and there’s plenty else i’m sure you can find, but this is how you can really get into them! also make sure to check out their music videos, albums, etc. etc. every fandom has their issues, but the svt fandom is in general a pretty great place with lots of cool ppl!!!